SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For the next Supreme Court Justice, I hope that President Trump nominates Hillary Clinton. So that a REAL investigation will be performed LOL !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
For the next Supreme Court Justice, I hope that President Trump nominates Hillary Clinton. So that a REAL investigation will be performed LOL !!! God Bless Smile

This actually would be funny! Nominate HRC to replace RBG. Go through another circus, then after Hillary kicks in 2 years or so he would get to do another nomination.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I hope reasonable and fair minded independent American voters will finally see these maggots for what they are and let them have it at the ballot box comes November.

That’s well and good, but we need a majority to win. Tip of the hat to Adlai Stevenson

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Fox News reporting Jeff Flake will vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Flake has announced he will vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

Still waiting on Collins and Murkowski, but with this announcement by Flake, I feel good about those two as well. And even Manchin.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang the good news travel fast you guys beat me to the Flake news

I think it’s down to that lunatic from Maine. A tie would be great and the progs would further descend into mental breakdown when Pence casts a winning vote

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Quite a few people ought to think seriously about taking back some or all of the mean things they have been saying about Graham, and McConnell, too, actually.

I'm certainly regarding them both in a new light, I tell ya whut.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
I think it’s down to that lunatic from Maine. A tie would be great and the progs would further descend into mental breakdown when Pence casts a winning vote

I don't want a tie.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
American Bar Association saying late yesterday that senate judiciary committee should postpone today's vote until FBI investigation is completed. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't want a tie.
How 'bout we just wait 15 freaking minutes and find out?

Please refrain from cluttering this thread.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the cop shop if she would come in to file a report?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Coverage has returned.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesus. Blumenthal wants to subpoena Mark Judge. Oh ffs

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Some thoughts on what happened yesterday.

What the REP senators on the Judiciary Comm did was amazing.

They had to:

1. Get the votes to move the Kavanaugh nomination out of the comm. McConnell had said there would be a floor vote “no matter what”, but he really needed every REP to support Kavanaugh. No DEM would have crossed over if the REPs were not unified. (You can argue the REPs could have lost one senator but that gets very dicey)

2. Not attack Dr Ford. They had to pull this off with minimum damage to the women vote. They had to argue she was not telling the truth, without calling her a liar.

3. If possible, expose the DEM dirty tricks and make it more difficult for the DEMs to pull this type of false attack in the future

How much of what the REPs did was planned in advance ? How much was spontaneous?

a. REPs had Rachel Mitchell softball Christine Ford

b. They let Mitchell question Kavanaugh somewhat, but then REP senators took over. They attacked Feinstein, not Ford.

c. REPs never attacked Ford. They portrayed Ford as a victim of the DEMs. They did that in a very unified manner.

d. Kavanaugh never attacked Ford. He sometimes avoided direct answers to DEMs but used every opportunity to hammer that the other 4 people at the “party” said it didn’t happen. He repeated that over and over. He drove it home.

e. Kavanaugh led the way in directly and full bore calling out the DEM senators as setting a despicable trap on him.

Whether planned and coordinated or not, that was a very effective strategy.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The democrats just won't quit. Another circus unfolding before us. The Republicans aren't having any of it though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
(BTW he won't be confirmed tomorrow. The committee will just vote in his favor and advance his name to the whole Senate. That vote will probably come mid-week next week.)

Thought I read McConnell had scheduled a Saturday vote before the full Senate?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
(BTW he won't be confirmed tomorrow. The committee will just vote in his favor and advance his name to the whole Senate. That vote will probably come mid-week next week.)

Thought I read McConnell had scheduled a Saturday vote before the full Senate?

That's for cloture.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It's not fair LOL. They took a vote and you lost.How is that not fair? Elections have consequences.

Vote at 1:30 PM ET ?