SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

That said, him saying he was a virgin as a comeback is no more provable or inherently believable than their accusations against him are, and simply doesn't mean anything much. Hell, it's not even necessarily a laudable attribute. Anyone who is too pure, so to speak, is a touch suspicious. Like someone who has never even tasted alcohol. There are whole swaths of entirely normal and enormously popular human interactions and experiences they don't even have any personal experience in. And Popes and such aside, a man in this country who was still a virgin several years after high school, a smart and capable man no less, a normal/good looking man, that makes one question them even more so than normal.

Yes...virtue is so passe' and immediately makes one suspect. Roll Eyes

Jesus man, think about what you are saying.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

That said, him saying he was a virgin as a comeback is no more provable or inherently believable than their accusations against him are, and simply doesn't mean anything much. Hell, it's not even necessarily a laudable attribute. Anyone who is too pure, so to speak, is a touch suspicious. Like someone who has never even tasted alcohol. There are whole swaths of entirely normal and enormously popular human interactions and experiences they don't even have any personal experience in. And Popes and such aside, a man in this country who was still a virgin several years after high school, a smart and capable man no less, a normal/good looking man, that makes one question them even more so than normal.

Right. Given the frequency at which it occurs, murder is an "entirely normal and enormously popular human interactions and experiences". How can a judge, judge murderers if they haven't commited the act themselves?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Yes...virtue is so passe' and immediately makes one suspect. Roll Eyes

Jesus man, think about what you are saying.

I was a virgin when I married my wife. It was part of my Christian background, same for my dad too. We were taught to avoid situations where things may go to far. I am not sure why that makes me suspect? Or weird? Oh and I drink beer, but dont like being drunk, i just like good beer and whiskey. Does that make me suspect too? Are you saying if someone lives by a standard a little more strict than you that they are suspect as a person?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Claiming he was a virgin was a bad move. The democrats are going to come up with 3 women who claim they slept with him in high school or college by Thursday.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
There is so much seriously wrong in all that has happened so far, but one of the very worst outcomes is that the Democrat Party has declared, outright, that there is no presumption of innocence any more. The bedrock of our legal system is -- gone! Now, you are guilty until you can prove your innocence.

Who thinks this way? Totalitarians. Make no mistake, what we are seeing on many fronts right now is more than just an attempted coup, it is a would-be totalitarian regime, led from the shadows by Obama and Hillary, struggling to take power.

These are people who would send us to the gulags. You might have wondered who could do that kind of thing, and maybe it always seemed like people far away and unlike us. But now they have stepped forward, saying to Kavanaugh, like the senator from Hawaii, "Just shut up!"

The mask has dropped. The tyrants are right here, right now, among us, in the Democrat Party. We are at the crisis point: this country, in the next couple of years, will go one way or the other.

There has not been such a fateful moment as the November elections since 1860.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Claiming he was a virgin was a bad move. The democrats are going to come up with 3 women who claim they slept with him in high school or college by Thursday.

I wouldn't put it past them, but it won't happen.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The mask has dropped. The tyrants are right here, right now, among us, in the Democrat Party.

Even with the mask ripped off, many do not see the tyrants. I'm glad you do.
Thread drift: This forum is my social media. It's a very valuable place, because you know that you are not alone. If I only had Facebook (which I avoid) ... I would think there was no one out there who thought like us.

quote:
There is so much seriously wrong in all that has happened so far, but one of the very worst outcomes is that the Democrat Party has declared, outright, that there is no presumption of innocence any more. The bedrock of our legal system is -- gone! Now, you are guilty until you can prove your innocence.

Sarah Sanders: America 'A Country Where You're Innocent Until Proven Guilty -- Unless You're A Conservative Republican'

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Tuesday that Democrats are playing a "political game" with allegations of sexual misconduct by President Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, calling the ploy "appalling."

Sanders, appearing on "Good Morning America," also decried the state of politics in the U.S. today.

"Brett Kavanaugh has asked for his voice to be heard in this process, too," Sanders said. "Last I can remember, we're still a country where you're innocent until proven guilty -- unless you're a conservative Republican. It is absolutely shameful what the Democrats have done and the way they have turned this into complete political process."

Sanders said that Democrats have ruined "multiple lives."

“They want this to be a political game, and I think that the way they have operated in this is absolutely appalling,” Sanders said. “If anything has been appalling, it’s the way that they have gone after and used these people’s stories and their lives and exploited them for political gain.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news...innocent-joseph-curl

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

It worked in Alabama against Moore.....where did his accusers disappear to after the election??? at this point I am totally surprised that only one other accuser has come forth.

The left wants campaign videos of white male Repub Senators going after a poor woman who was the victim of a sexual assault. They don't get that if women are asking the tough questions.

You are exactly right about Moore. I don't even like Moore as a candidate, but I never believed the accusations. The Left knows this works and their lack of conscience allows them to do this freely without hesitation.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

It worked in Alabama against Moore.....where did his accusers disappear to after the election??? at this point I am totally surprised that only one other accuser has come forth.

The left wants campaign videos of white male Repub Senators going after a poor woman who was the victim of a sexual assault. They don't get that if women are asking the tough questions.

You are exactly right about Moore. I don't even like Moore as a candidate, but I never believed the accusations. The Left knows this works and their lack of conscience allows them to do this freely without hesitation.

You are dealing with a group that are morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt. They have found this tactic to work, and expect them to use it in every election going forward because it works. Moore might or might not have been a scum bag, but Jones for sure is. You also notice when the left is pressed for a justification, they only can throw out emotion such as "Do you have a daughter?" and tripe like that. It is no different from their tactic "If it saves one child's life" when they lobby for draconian gun "reform" of their desired police state.

This case is just like the fact that everyone should know that once Trump leaves office, you will never, ever hear about Russians, election meddling, and fraud. Also, remember the smartest man on the planet told us that none of that could happen, when they were sure that Hillary was a lock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The commie hoi polloi are morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt

Their movers and shakers are not intellectually bankrupt . They wasted very little time once they got into the halftime locker-room for pep talk and play planning, and are running a pretty good game.

Remember?

"By KENNETH P. VOGEL
| 11/14/2016 05:03 AM EST

George Soros and other rich liberals who spent tens of millions of dollars trying to elect Hillary Clinton are gathering in Washington for a three-day, closed door meeting to retool the big-money left to fight back against Donald Trump.

The conference, which kicked off Sunday night at Washington’s pricey Mandarin Oriental hotel, is sponsored by the influential Democracy Alliance donor club, and will include appearances by leaders of most leading unions and liberal groups, as well as darlings of the left such as House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Congressional Progressive Caucus co-chairman Keith Ellison, according to an agenda and other documents obtained by POLITICO. "

https://www.politico.com/story...s-soros-trump-231313

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the DEMs made a critical mistake here.

Christine Ford is a PhD professor. Much higher on the social ladder than some of the accusers that came against Roy Moore. "Certainly" no one at this level of "respectability" would make a false claim.

But if it can be shown that Ford's claims are false, the whole tactic becomes weakened.

This has become even more than the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh. The REPs have an opportunity in all this chaos to significantly damage the DEM dirty tricks machine.

I hope they recognize that opportunity and use it w a conviction to win.

REPs are probably also aware that if they can't defend Brett Kavanaugh against this, they won't be able to defend anyone.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For a non Progressive, there is no innocence. You are guilty, even if you are innocent, when you have the temerity to want to participate in public affairs.

I have written for years about the cabal of Senators who will stop at nothing to prevent anyone who indicates the slightest hint of possible sympathy for potentially over turning RvW off the federal courts.

“Stop at nothing”. Remember that!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
REPs are probably also aware that if they can't defend Brett Kavanaugh against this, they won't be able to defend anyone.

Right. Which is why I was proud of both Brett Kavanaugh and Mitch McConnell in their comments yesterday. They both seem willing to fight.

Someone on here in the last couple of days said "This is for all the marbles!"... and in a way it is, but so was the election of Trump over Hillary. These tyrants don't respect truth or decency and they certainly don't respect elections, unless they win.

It's gonna be ugly for awhile. This 'progressive movement' has been over 100 years in the making. We can't defeat them all at once.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Three things have become clear in the past two years regarding the Democrat Party: They are more openly totalitarian, they are more openly communist, and they are increasingly violent.

The handwriting is on the wall.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Can I file a sexual assault change on DiFi for the way she has fucked my brain?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I was at a seminar recently in which Erwin Chemerinsky, the dean of Berkley’s law school spoke. For those who don’t know him, Chemerinsky is arguably the top constitutional scholar in the country. In his presentation, Chemerinsky clearly and unambiguously stated that if Kavanaugh is confirmed, he “fully expects Roe vs. Wade to be directly or indirectly overturned.”

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Three things have become clear in the past two years regarding the Democrat Party: They are more openly totalitarian, they are more openly communist, and they are increasingly violent.

The handwriting is on the wall.

I agree, but I would say it is the past 10 years, beginning squarely with Obama. That is when I began to notice the rapid change. It really goes back much further, but it was gradual and surreptitious. It is now unmasked and without remorse.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BB61:
I was at a seminar recently in which Erwin Chemerinsky, the dean of Berkley’s law school spoke. For those who don’t know him, Chemerinsky is arguably the top constitutional scholar in the country. In his presentation, Chemerinsky clearly and unambiguously stated that if Kavanaugh is confirmed, he “fully expects Roe vs. Wade to be directly or indirectly overturned.” [QUOTE]

Stopping the "Killing of the Innocents" would be a good thing indeed !

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
The mask has dropped. The tyrants are right here, right now, among us, in the Democrat Party.

Even with the mask ripped off, many do not see the tyrants. I'm glad you do.
Thread drift: This forum is my social media. It's a very valuable place, because you know that you are not alone. If I only had Facebook (which I avoid) ... I would think there was no one out there who thought like us.

quote:

Sarah Sanders: America 'A Country Where You're Innocent Until Proven Guilty -- Unless You're A Conservative Republican'

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Tuesday that Democrats are playing a "political game" with allegations of sexual misconduct by President Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, calling the ploy "appalling."

Sanders, appearing on "Good Morning America," also decried the state of politics in the U.S. today.

"Brett Kavanaugh has asked for his voice to be heard in this process, too," Sanders said. "Last I can remember, we're still a country where you're innocent until proven guilty -- unless you're a conservative Republican. It is absolutely shameful what the Democrats have done and the way they have turned this into complete political process."

Sanders said that Democrats have ruined "multiple lives."

“They want this to be a political game, and I think that the way they have operated in this is absolutely appalling,” Sanders said. “If anything has been appalling, it’s the way that they have gone after and used these people’s stories and their lives and exploited them for political gain.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news...innocent-joseph-curl

It appears we have left the realm of law and order and went full speed into mob rule.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ If the Democrats win in November it will get a lot worse.

If the Democrats lose in November, it will get a lot worse.