SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does this string of frauds collectively show? That the Democrats are out of ideas, they have no basis for objecting to Kavanaugh on factual grounds, so their next tack is to make some up. It's as if they've become a party of Ben Rhodeses, millions of them, all cooking up fake narratives to hide the ugly reality and the missing facts. This is the Democrats now, and they're starting to stink of fake news, the frauds that drip from their crazed phony narratives.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...g.html#ixzz5QFEQngPB

And all of this on the first day. Heaven knows what they've got in reserve - if anything - but it sure as hell won't be something that disqualifies Kavanaugh or takes the confirmation process off-track.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Why do they let this crap go down ?

People in line getting openly paid to disrupt a Senate committee mtg on a supreme court justice.

you stop this by fining people who disrupt the mtg w fines of $10k and 3 mos in jail.

And you nail the guy paying them w a bigger penalty.

Posts: 19506 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Prosecution - proving they did what they did, even if it is obvious that they did it - takes time and is uncertain. Showing the footage is immediate and leaves the onus of proof on the other side in the court of public opinion at a time when we're about two months away from the midterm elections. It also "refutes" the anti-Kavanaugh theatrics in a way that's very difficult to respond to but doesn't require any more of an investment than whatever investment the Dems made in the anti-Kavanaugh theatrics.

There ain't nothin' immoral about it, it's politically smart, and it denies the Democrats the advantages of waging a form of asymmetrical warfare in the political arena. IOW, it's the moral equivalent of shoving a copy of "Rules For Radicals" right up Saul Alinsky's ass.

Bear in mind, too, that there's nothing stopping them from launching an investigation and prosecution later, when there's time, and when it's difficult to politicize the prosecution.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You got to hand it to the demoKKKrats, when they go crazy, they go crazy:

may or may not be NSFW or NSFH

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
For chrissakes. Yeah, let's take these people seriously. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Well........if they are going to act like a dick they should dress like one. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
What a dick.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Well........if they are going to act like a dick they should dress like one.
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
What a dick.

I see what y'all did there...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Does anyone really want to argue that liberalism is not a severe mental illness? After all, nothing says serious, intelligent, protester like an adult male wearing a six foot condom over their head. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
After all, nothing says serious, intelligent, protester like an adult male wearing a six foot condom over their head. Roll Eyes

If only this guys father would have worn one over his little head those many years ago!

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/big-...in-first-30-minutes/

Sen. Grassley said that over 70 protesters in the audience were arrested on Tuesday, but allowed that the protestors had a right to freedom of speech.

“Today will be different,” he said.

??

But the protests continued as at least 26 protesters interrupted the first 30 minutes of the hearing proceedings by screaming their dissent to Kavanaugh’s nomination

The volume of protesters appeared to irritate even the Democrats as Sen. Dianne Feinstein apologized to Kavanaugh.

“I’m sorry about the circumstances, but we’ll get through it,” she said.

says the senator who set up the sneak attack of the Guttenberg guy

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I can't even imagine the shitshow that will ensue from these nasty, desperate Democrats when it's eventually RBG's Trump-nominated replacement sitting there. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Schumer tried to claim senate rules to not allow the hearing to go past 2pm. But apparently McConnell and Schumer "came to an agreement" to proceed w the hearing

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ended-early-n2516099

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Schumer tried to claim senate rules to not allow the hearing to go past 2pm.

I think the Democraps are hoping they can draw this out so long and make it so miserable for Kavanaugh and his family that he withdraws. Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just take it easy

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
But apparently McConnell and Schumer "came to an agreement"

Well that wasn't very accurate

Schumer tried to invoke a senate rule:

"When the Senate is in session, no committee of the Senate..may meet..after two o'clock postmeridian unless consent therefor has been obtained from the majority leader and the minority leader"

The cmte would have to adjourn at 2 pm under the objection by Schumer. Cmtes can meet as long as they like when the Senate is NOT in session

So majority leader McConnell adjourned the entire U.S. Senate, and the Kavanaugh hearing continues

McConnell must be enjoying this

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...n-hearings-continue/

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
But apparently McConnell and Schumer "came to an agreement"

Well that wasn't very accurate

Schumer tried to invoke a senate rule:

"When the Senate is in session, no committee of the Senate..may meet..after two o'clock postmeridian unless consent therefor has been obtained from the majority leader and the minority leader"

The cmte would have to adjourn at 2 pm under the objection by Schumer. Cmtes can meet as long as they like when the Senate is NOT in session

So majority leader McConnell adjourned the entire U.S. Senate, and the Kavanaugh hearing continues

McConnell must be enjoying this

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...n-hearings-continue/

Sure, lets call it a day at 2pm and go straight to the floor vote. Does that work for you Schumer?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Senator Hirono is horribly outclassed by Judge Kavanaugh. She could question him about anything, and she chooses to waste her time questioning him on statements he made regarding the origin of the Hawaiian people.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Judiciary Committee chairman calls Democratic attacks on Kavanaugh a 'double standard.'

Weekly Standard
Andrew Egger

It didn’t take long for proceedings to heat back up as the first day of the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings resumed after lunch, as Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley reopened the hearing by taking the committee’s Democrats to task for unfair accusations against Kavanaugh and the four current conservative members of the Supreme Court.

“This issue has never come up from my colleagues, but I thought as I sat here and listened to some people criticize the Supreme Court for in some sense being bought. … Whenever the president criticizes the judiciary or judicial decisions, we hear wails of anguish from my Democratic colleagues,” Grassley said. “They attack the president for threatening the independence and the integrity of the judiciary, and they applaud the judiciary for standing up to the president.”

Growing angry, Grassley continued: “I just listened to some of my colleagues here, one of them spent 18 minutes attacking the personal integrity of justices of the Supreme Court. He said that
five justices had been bought and sold by private interest. He accused them of deciding cases to the benefit of favored parties. So I think it’s pretty clearly a double standard, and we shouldn’t have to tolerate such a double standard.”

Grassley was referring to remarks made an hour before by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, who used his opening statement to take aim at the court’s conservative bloc, which he called the “Roberts Five.” Whitehouse accused the bloc of “going off on partisan excursions” at the command of “the big funders and influencers of the Republican party.”

“When the Roberts Five saddles up, these so-called conservatives are anything but judicially conservative,” Whitehouse said. “They readily overturn precedent, toss out statutes passed by wide bipartisan margins, and decide on broad constitutional issues they need not reach. Modesty, originalism, stare decisis, all these supposedly conservative judicial principles, all have the hoofprints of the Roberts Five all across there backs, wherever those principles got in the way of wins for the Big Republican interests.”

Whitehouse went on to sketch an ominous picture of a vast right-wing judicial conspiracy under which “big business and partisan groups” fund nonprofits like the Federalist Society and the Judicial Crisis Network, to strong-arm their nominees onto the courts.

Grassley’s rebuke of Whitehouse wasn’t his first attempt to wrest the proceedings back to regular order. The hearing got off to a rocky start when a succession of Democrats took the floor to demand the hearing be postponed before Grassley could even gavel in, a tactic which led Republican senator John Cornyn to protest that Democrats were exercising “mob rule” and that “if this were a court of law,” the Democrats “would be held in contempt.”

For a time, Grassley tolerated the interruptions, saying it would be smoother to hear the Democrats out than to try to run roughshod over their protests. But he grew irritable as the repetitious objections piled up.

“I’m not going to entertain any of the motions you’re making; we’re not in executive session. I think we ought to level with the American people—do you want this to go on all day?” Grassley said. “Every one of you said during the Justice Gorsuch hearing, every one of you prefaced your comments on how fair I was in running that hearing. Now this is the same Chuck Grassley that ran the Gorsuch hearings. I’d like to run this hearing the same way, if you’ll give me the courtesy of doing it.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He's getting confirmed, this charade is gonna rally the Trump voters in November....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post