SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think she’s a willing pawn. I also think her middle aged leftism trumped her 15 year old victimization (assuming it happened) long ago.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I believe the whole leftist cabal, led by Feinstein, believed they could drop this "bombshell" at the last minute and stall the proceedings....without this shill actually having to testify under oath. IMHO, every single one of these deadlines that keep getting pushed back were/are all about convincing HER to testify even though she will be at risk of perjury.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ford getting hit with a perjury charge would be a fantastic end to this dog and pony show.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I believe the whole leftist cabal, led by Feinstein, believed they could drop this "bombshell" at the last minute and stall the proceedings....without this shill actually having to testify under oath. IMHO, every single one of these deadlines that keep getting pushed back were/are all about convincing HER to testify even though she will be at risk of perjury.

Agree, just a circus act.
Hope your feeling better Big Bore.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. But I'm not sure about the purpose of the series of delays. Apparently, if Kavanaugh is not confirmed by Thursday, Senate rules dictate that he needs to wait until after the midterms. Tucker Carlson reported this fact.

If they can set a Wednesday hearing, then on Wednesday there could be some unforeseen emergency-- one of her sons ______ (fill in) and she can't leave his side. She will testify Friday.

Thus activating the arcane Senate rule.

The hearing should be Monday. Followed immediately by the vote.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Ford woman told a counselor that four, not two, men attacked her, and the counselor put that into his written report. Has that counselor been interviewed? I haven’t seen any report of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The Ford woman told a counselor that four, not two, men attacked her, and the counselor put that into his written report. Has that counselor been interviewed? I haven’t seen any report of it.

I’d think patient privacy laws would prevent that. At least I hope they would.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
They should skip right to the vote.

This is ALL about delaying / 'resisting' Trump / Kavanaugh.

It has nothing to do about truth, justice or any of that.

Word on the Twitter Street is Flake is the reason that the Rs are putting up with all of this shit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:

Well then her written notes stand.

It was 4 men.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:

One can’t reveal privileged information and keep it private, usually.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Word on the Twitter Street is Flake is the reason that the Rs are putting up with all of this shit.

He's certainly been the one bouncing around the most.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

I agree. But I'm not sure about the purpose of the series of delays. Apparently, if Kavanaugh is not confirmed by Thursday, Senate rules dictate that he needs to wait until after the midterms. Tucker Carlson reported this fact.

If they can set a Wednesday hearing, then on Wednesday there could be some unforeseen emergency-- one of her sons ______ (fill in) and she can't leave his side. She will testify Friday.

Thus activating the arcane Senate rule.

This is the first I have heard of this and I have doubts that Grassley would offer to delay as much as he has offered if true. Any others sources on this?

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
So, exactly where are we? Has she agreed to testify, on a particular day, at a specific time, or not?
Or has she only agreed to further negotiations, which means nothing except delay? So... she has agreed to further delay? Brilliant!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

This is the first I have heard of this and I have doubts that Grassley would offer to delay as much as he has offered if true. Any others sources on this?

Yeah, I haven't heard this anywhere. I can't imagine Grassley or Mitch would allow such to come to pass.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I didn't see it, but apparently on Thursday night on The Ingraham Angle, Joe DeGenova dropped some very heavy handed innuendos that Christine Ford is a PGA groupie. He said he was "waiting to hear from the PGA men."

Either he was giving the lying, conniving bastards of the Democrat Party a taste of their own medicine, or she really is a golf slut. If it's true, the Republican Party would not want to touch it with a 10 foot mashie niblick. But it could, you know how these things happen, get into Twitter feeds, wink wink.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
One can’t reveal privileged information and keep it private, usually.

I’m out of my element. If JALLEN’s legal acumen doesn’t get me, his Yogi Berra wit will. Big Grin Wink

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tucker Carlson not only said this, he repeated it, and made a main point of it-- in his opening monologue, I think. I'm sure he has a good research team. He referred to the "Senate's arcane rules" and observed that this fact was going uncommented upon elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dqEdfBosLY

Pick it up at the 14 minute mark. And you will hear Tucker say that it is "amazing" that almost no one is "telling you that" (regarding what happens if the vote goes to Thursday).

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The Daily Caller has Tucker Carlson saying:

quote:
The Fox News host then pointed out the significance of that date, a point that “nobody on television” is saying.

“Thursday is a significant date in this story,” he said. “Because of Senate rules which are complex, if Ford testifies next Thursday the vote on Kavanaugh will be pushed back at least another week. In this environment that very likely means – forever. His nomination will be over.”

“And So will any Trump nomination to the court. There is a time before the midterms for the White House to introduce and vet a new candidate. Democrats will have prevented the administration from filling this vacancy. We’ll have just eight justices for the foreseeable future, and probably until there is another Democratic president. You may have voted for Trump in hope that he would put reasonable people on the Supreme Court. But tough!”

“This is absurd,” said Carlson. Calling Ford the “center of a partisan effort” that is ultimately “about political power and how it is apportioned in Washington,” the Fox News host accused Democrats of “corroding our legal norms and threatening our system of impartial justice.”

“So the rest of us have a right to know exactly what Christine Ford is alleging here,” he concluded. “The operatives posing as her defenders claim that Ford was so traumatized by an event that supposedly happened in 1982, that rules cannot apply to her. That is many things, it’s also patronizing. Democrats treat a middle age women like a child. She is not a child. She is an adult. She has a family, an advanced degree, and a high level job. She has accused a public figure of a sex crime, a felony and she’s done it in vague terms. She is part of an effort to destroy that public figure’s his life, wittingly or not.”

Link

I’m not sure what Carlson is talking about here but maybe he isn’t either. I’ve known several Carlsons, with mixed results.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
People lie to therapists often. I'm not sure that this crazy woman would be believable if she told me it was currently raining outside, to which it is. I would still go to the window and look outside if she told me it was.

She has forfeited her credibility. She is a pawn of the left, or a willing accomplice, and I am 50/50 on which. Based upon the lies, drama, more lies, and general fuckery that this event has generated, I wouldn't believe anything she had to say if I were on the jury and armed with all of the facts that she is being manipulated, or is complicit, as a democratic operative.

Furthermore, she is hurting future sexual assault victims because the left is loosing their minds over this to the extent of saying "Men are all guilty, women are all believable" when the numbers on reported sexual assault, versus the numbers of those cases that are unfounded, or downright lies, do not lie. The problem in this country is that we rarely prosecute the ones who claim false allegations of sexual assault when it was a clear lie with falsely reporting because society frowns upon it because "it might keep real victims from coming forward". Just like we rarely prosecute the ones that falsely obtain a protective order as a means of manipulation when the narrative is a lie. That needs to stop, quick fast and in a hurry.

When I was a detective, I had a few joint sexual assault/kidnapping investigations working with the sex crime detectives for much larger agencies than mine. According to them (and my own results) the ratio is close to this: 6 out of 9 cases are completely false or involve some form of "regret sex" (usually it was they had consensual sex with another guy and boyfriend found it about, so now they claim rape), 2 out of 9 are straight up "she said/he said" which is there is no other evidence to make the call on whether it was consensual or non-consensual resulting in no charges being issued, 1 out of 9 straight up rape/sexual assault with injuries or other evidence to prove it (usually the male has prior arrests and/or convictions for sex crimes).

Repressed memories are just that; memories. Sometimes they are a person's interpretations of an incident that happened....it just didn't happen the way they remember it. Sometimes the repressed memory was a vivd dream or nightmare the person had. And sometimes the repressed memory is something the therapist plants via "suggestive" questioning (sometimes done mistakenly and sometimes with malice) by leading the person through a scenario that the therapists believes happened, even though it really didn't.

Our society is beginning to look like that episode of "The Orville" where all justice was based on the results of social media.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They are still saying they need time to investigate. Unless Feinstein's driver took the letter to China for two months Democrats already had enough time.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post