SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Am I correct that assuming no democrat/independent votes to confirm that the republicans need all 51 senators voting yes?

I see Susan Collins is up to her same old crap saying the accuser needs to be heard even if it takes to next Thursday. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Am I correct that assuming no democrat/independent votes to confirm that the republicans need all 51 senators voting yes?

I see Susan Collins is up to her same old crap saying the accuser needs to be heard even if it takes to next Thursday. Roll Eyes

We can go 50-50 with Pence breaking the tie.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I would like to ask her how it feels to be used.

RMD

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

We can go 50-50 with Pence breaking the tie.

I understand that is usually case for legislation and such but I recently read that for SCOTUS confirmation a majority of at least 51 senators is needed. Just wondering if that is true or not.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Response of the lawyer for Christine Ford:

So I think they are asking to be allowed to respond by tomorrow rather than tonight at 10pm

I would guess they are working feverishly to get more gas on the fire, such as another accuser. Just my guess.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Judicial Watch needs to FOIA request all of Feinstein's government emails and phone records for the past six months.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) does not apply to Congress.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
What an idiotic snowflake response letter.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
FTS. Vote, Monday as promised.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FUCK THEM: No more playing games.

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Time for the GOP to pass the hat around and come up with a pair.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
So I think they are asking to be allowed to respond by tomorrow rather than tonight at 10pm.
Simple answer...No. There have already been way too many concessions to this garbage. Ford needs to show up on Monday and put up or shut up.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are just wailing about and delaying, delaying, delaying.

Fucking Hold the Vote already.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
They are just wailing about and delaying, delaying, delaying.

Fucking Hold the Vote already.

You evil white male...How dare you imply that she should get on a plane and fly across country. She prefers to travel via covered wagon and only a misogynist, sexist, evil white male would not give her the several months she needs to get to Washington, DC where she is so anxious to tell her story.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how they make out "oh she traveled SEVERAL HOURS to meet with the FBI today" when you know goddam right that the FBI and the Senate Judiciary Staffers could have been at her door this morning.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...so the responding attorney somehow is of the opinion she can ride Sen. Grassley et al like a whiny juvenile about not getting her own way?....who believes that will be an effective gambit?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson said tonight that because of some arcane Senate rules, if she could postpone until Thursday, then Kavanaugh could not be confirmed until after the midterms.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She's a survivor!

Seriously, this is beyond infuriating. If I were Brett Kavanaugh, I would have vitriolic hatred of every leftist, progressive democrat for the rest of my days. He may be a better man than that though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Stay with me on this but I think he needs to demand an FBI investigation and say he won't take the bench until it's over and he's cleared.

I know about the Oct 1 date and that FBI decling to do so however the primarly purpose of these allegations is to keep him off the bench or in the alternative, to put a taint on him forever for the rest of his life like we constatnly see with Justice Thomas.

This would shut up his opponents and he would be a more powerful judge.

Just tossing it out there for thought.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
This would shut up his opponents and he would be a more powerful judge.

Big Grin

Come on, surely you don't believe that statement. You think liberals would shut up and accept him?

If the GOP gives in on this there will never be another white male or even remotely conservative justice confirmed to serve on the Supreme Court. Kavanaugh is as squeaky clean as a person over the age of 40 can possibly be. He has led an exemplary life, as even those people who disagree with him have testified to.

- John Adams