SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ There we go! I'd wondered what the hell happened with that.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Thank God McCain is not still alive to vote against this nominee.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jesus, just turned on FNC for the first time in over two weeks. Flake was talking and I wanted to vomit. Now Blumenthal is defecating out of his hole. What a disgusting display of over-dramatized nonsense. TV is being turned off and I'm heading out for a long overdue bike ride. Screw this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If you wonder what posters are talking about here, here's a link to the opening of the hearing. See how much of this shit show you can stomach.

https://news.grabien.com/story...t-shrieking-hecklers

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If you wonder what posters are talking about here, here's a link to the opening of the hearing. See how much of this shit show you can stomach.

You/we knew it was going to happen. No doubt under the direction of Schumer.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

You/we knew it was going to happen. No doubt under the direction of Schumer.

I heard it was Pocahontas Warren who was orchestrating all this crap.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I just can't wait to see Kavanaugh verbally and intellectually smack the shit out of Kamala Harris.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I just can't wait to see Kavanaugh verbally and intellectually smack the shit out of Kamala Harris.

It will just confirm that he is a RACIST. Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
God, hearing these Dems is just disgusting.

Blumenthal, Booker both recently had no coherent thoughts at all and Feinstein even less.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm watching NCIS: Los Angeles reruns on Oxygen. I don't need to watch the Democrat clowns performing, and I'm quite sure that Judge Kavanaugh will ultimately be confirmed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've been content to ignore this whole shit show knowing that Kavanaugh will be seated with the "black robes" despite it all.

Waiting for President Trump to be afforded another nomination, most likely a RBG replacement. Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
So, Kamala Harris wants more than 2% of the 4% of the 100% that Grassley says is 50% after correction because the million documents do not exist. I may have this all about 10% correct even if 96% is claimed missing but I guess they all have 100% in their possession.

How informative.

One half a million directly relevant documents apparently isn't enough when you already announced "no" long before the hearing.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The worst reasons I'm hearing from the Dems is that if confirmed they won't be able to convict Trump of something. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...the DNCers remind of a documentary I saw decades ago when the running dog hyena pack was reduced to ripping at their own open bowels as they got too close to the bull water buffalo

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
The worst reasons I'm hearing from the Dems is that if confirmed they won't be able to convict Trump of something. Roll Eyes

If they're saying that openly, then they've just branded their entire effort to be a nothingburger of political hackery - which should make for entertaining footage in campaign ads if the Dems try to make Kavanaugh or the confirmation an election issue.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
shortly to give the oath to Kavanuagh. Then he makes a statement.

Then adjourn till tomorrow morning.

Sen Grassley: "I'm not going to let happen tomorrow, what I shouldn't have let happen today"

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
One half a million directly relevant documents apparently isn't enough when you already announced "no" long before the hearing.

Yeah, those guys must be world class speed readers. I hear them call for "just" another week or two to review another million or so documents. Roll Eyes

Does anyone actually buy this bullshit? I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that not a one of them has read even one of his documents.

It's that old saying: Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Where, to a certain etent, I believe those in the peanut gallery should be allowed free speech (I am thinking a universal hissing or other non-disruptive method), those removed for disrupting the process because they did not follow the established decorum, should be charged with a federal misdemeanor which would in the future, prevent their attendance from any other federal peanut gallery, building (other than as a defendant or testifying victim), or other property (like a federal park).

No fine or time, just banishment.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think that they should just simply be removed.
And, in order to be allowed back in the room, they are required to read Robert's Rules of Order and write a book report on it.

If they want to behave like children, treat them like children.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2018/0...d-kavanaugh-hearing/

Women’s March leader Linda Sarsour was among the left-wing activists arrested Tuesday for interrupting the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Sasour entered the hearing room in the Hart Senate Office Building just before 9:30 a.m. EDT. She sat quietly with other anti-Kavanaugh activists until the hearing opened, at which point she loudly rebuked Republican lawmakers and urged them to adjourn. She continued to shout at senators as she was dragged from the room by multiple police officers. Several other activists brandishing signs immediately followed suit and were removed.

video at link

this family's day is ruined because of hysterical DEMs and Linda Sarsour

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post