SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 236 237 238 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
In the Grassley report just released, it says:

"Committee investigators contacted two members of Ford's immediate family for input into the investigation. Both individuals refused to provide statements or participate in an interview."

None of the Blasey family attended the hearing either.

They know she's bat shit crazy and she's into lies up to her neck in this but she is also family. The best path for them to take is to neither confirm or deny.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Besides, how badly do they want their faces on the evening news in connection with that dog's breakfast of an attempt at an ambush?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I believe Christine Ford is estranged from her family as well, I recall reading that somewhere along the way.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
In the Grassley report just released, it says:

"Committee investigators contacted two members of Ford's immediate family for input into the investigation. Both individuals refused to provide statements or participate in an interview."

None of the Blasey family attended the hearing either.

I noted this early in this thread.

Kavanaugh had literally hundreds of family, friends, past and present co-workers, etc, come forward and support him. Ford had no family members or friends come out of the woodwork. The only people that showed public support for her were all strangers; her lawyers, leftist politicians, media people, and activists.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ I noted the same thing. Her family knows she is a whack job, along with her "friends" who saw something according to her statement and testimony.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
December 13, 2018
Blasey-Ford's scared little girl voice has disappeared in first public statement since her Senate testimony

By Thomas Lifson

When Professor Christine Blasey-Ford testified against the Supreme Court nomination of then-Judge Brett Kavanaugh, my very first impression was that her voice sounded fake. She sounded like a scared little girl, her voice tremulous, creating an impression of sadness and vulnerability – just the thing to create sympathy. I immediately wondered if this was some sort of act, or if her mental state was somehow altered for her performance on national television. As a former professor myself, I wondered how on Earth she could command a classroom with that scared little girl voice.

For the first time since her testimony, we now have the opportunity to hear her voice, and guess what! She doesn't sound at all like the witness whose fear and suffering moved so many Democrats and feminists. She sounds like a grown-up, a professor, indeed.

Compare her opening statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee...

...with this video introduction she offered for Sports Illustrated's "Inspiration of the Year" award:

Sports Illustrated ✔
@SInow
In her first public statement since September, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford presents Sports Illustrated’s Inspiration of the Year Award to Rachael Denhollander http://go.si.com/0Ybpkat

Why it’s almost like two different people! Multiple personality disorder? Hypnosis? Acting?

I bet she'd just say it was stress.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...y.html#ixzz5Za7xCKaI

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. The YouTube comments are brutal.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:

And completely truthful.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It should be clear to anyone that thinks without bias that Ford is a liar. That said, I still run into people that are convinced she was telling the absolute truth.

You can break it down any way you choose- pointing out all the inconsistencies along the way. Her outright lies about her attendance of, and actions at the parties she attended. The “witnesses” that suddenly don’t support her when they realize they are crossing the line into perjury. Fear of flight bs to stall the hearings. Her clear change of persona to appear the diminutive victim. The list goes on and on.

And yet, morons will insist against all proof to the contrary that she was being truthful. She was a loose party girl. She was doing what young people do. Partying and fucking around with the opposite sex.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:

With many of them directed at SI for exhibiting the astoundingly bad judgement to have CBF deliver that address in the first place. What were they thinking?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post