SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Legal Advisor for Kavanaugh’s Accuser Is a Big Time Democratic Donor, Thinks People Who Work for Trump Are 'Miscreants'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...paula-jones-n2519525

Over the summer of 2018, as it became apparent that Kavanaugh was going to be nominated for the Supreme Court, Ford debated whether she should come forward publicly with this information. According to the Post, Ford "engaged Debra Katz, a Washington lawyer known for her work on sexual harassment cases. On the advice of Katz, who believed Ford would be attacked as a liar if she came forward, Ford took a polygraph test administered by a former FBI agent in early August."

After Sen. Feinstein announced the accusatory letter last week, Ford decided she had to come on the record to avoid public scrutiny and speculation. It was Katz who provided the results of that polygraph test to the Post. The results "concluded that Ford was being truthful when she said a statement summarizing her allegations was accurate."

But, readers should remember that Katz treated Paula Jones' accusations of sexual harassment against President Bill Clinton very differently in the 1990s. According to court documents, Jones claimed that then-Arkansas governor Bill Clinton summoned her to his hotel room where she was working as a receptionist. While in the room he "unexpectedly reached over to (her), took her hand, and pulled her toward him, so that their bodies were close to each other." She backed away, but he pursued, saying, 'I love the way your hair flows down your back' and 'I love your curves. He then "put his hand on her leg, started sliding it toward her pelvic area, and bent down to attempt to kiss her on the neck, all without her consent.' Jones claimed she said, "What are you doing?" and had to escape to a nearby sofa where she attempted to distract the governor by talking about his wife.

However, when she was sitting on the sofa, Clinton came close to her and "lowered his trousers and underwear, exposed his penis (which was erect) and told (her) to 'kiss it.'" Jones then attempted to leave but the governor said, "'Well, I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do,' and then pulled up his pants and said, 'If you get in trouble for leaving work, have Dave call me immediately and I'll take care of it.' She left the room (the door of which was not locked), the governor 'detained' her momentarily, 'looked sternly' at her, and said, 'You are smart. Let's keep this between ourselves,'" according to court documents.

Jones claims she initially kept the incident to herself for fear of workplace retribution since Clinton knew her boss. Katz dismissed Jones' assertions on March 30th,1998 on CNN's "Talkback Live" saying that, "Paula Jones' suit is very, very, very weak. She's alleged one incident that took place in a hotel room that, by her own testimony, lasted 10 to 12 minutes. She suffered no repercussions in the workplace."

Likewise, Katz again said on CBS' Evening News on April 2nd, 1998 that Jones' allegation could not hold up in court because, "Clearly a one-time incident that took place in 10 to 12 minutes, she was not forced to have sex, she left on her own volition, the courts increasingly are finding that that is not enough to create a sexually hostile work environment claim."

Katz continued to argue throughout the 90s that because Jones could not show that the harassment was "severe and pervasive," she did not have a case. In 1998, Katz told the media that, "If a woman came to me with a similar fact pattern, that is someone in the company above her propositioned her but only once and she suffered no tangible job detriment. I would probably tell her that I'm sorry, it's unfair, but you don't have a case.’ Katz said that courts have generally held that a one-time proposition does not constitute harassment. If it's one time, it has to be severe, almost a sexual assault, not just a touching of somebody's breast or buttocks or even forceful kissing."

Jones has since maintained her incident with Bill Clinton left her traumatized and demoralized. The president was forced to settle for $850,000.

Yet, Katz continued to dismiss certain episodes of sexual misconduct throughout the years. Fast forward to 2017 and Katz defended then Sen. Al Franken after a photo appeared of him mock groping a female colleague while working as a comedian. At the time Katz said, "Context is relevant. He did not do this as a member of the U.S. Senate. He did this in his capacity of someone who was still functioning as an entertainer," and dismissed concern it was sexual harassment.

Since 2004, Katz has donated at least $26,000 to Democratic politicians including Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Kerry. She also donated to groups such as MoveOn.org, the DNC Services Corp, and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

Likewise, in March 2017 Katz declared via Facebook that, "These people are all miscreants. The term ‘basket of deplorables’ is far too generous a description for these people who are now Senior Trump advisors," after a report surfaced that Department of Homeland Security advisor Frank Wuco made anti-Islamic remarks which prompted his resignation.

Posts: 12651 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
"Ford took a polygraph test administered by a former FBI agent in early August."
Lordy, Lordy, I hope that former agent wasn't from the Hillary collusion team.
To have a bit more credibility they should have had a Mall Cop administer the polygraph.

Ford told the Post that she believes the incident occurred in the summer of 1982, when she was 15 and Kavanaugh was 17.

She says that she and Kavanaugh were at a house party....

Link

At 15 she was at a teenage house party where alcoholic beverages were being consumed.
OK, please tell us more about your teenage years Christine.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Later Sunday, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) said the committee should not move ahead with its scheduled vote on Thursday until senators hear directly from Ford.

“For me, we can’t vote until we hear more,” Flake, a member of the committee, told

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...nadvertently-kill-me

I really hate this jerk. Passionately so.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Kavanaugh is squeaky clean with a pretty much spotless record, except for that one party where he almost raped this girl and could have murdered her. Says the far left activist. K.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Later Sunday, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) said the committee should not move ahead with its scheduled vote on Thursday until senators hear directly from Ford.

“For me, we can’t vote until we hear more,” Flake, a member of the committee, told

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...nadvertently-kill-me

I really hate this jerk. Passionately so.

Right there with you. For some reason this incident has removed my last nerve. Congress Critters are irredeemable and unless we see the republicans grow a backbone and get this vote done, I will have lost all hope in Congress. Throw the bums out needs to make a comeback. Mad

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Somehow his last name is appropriate. He was the guy on the football team who turned everyone in for breaking training. Probably the bathroom monitor as well.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to release the classified docs now.
It's time he unloads on the Dems so all can see who they are.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Let's just pretend for a moment that everything this person said actually happened....so what? Did she claim that he even touched her? What does it amount to? A teenage boy being a dick to some girl at a party? This is supposed to nullify his judicial record and disqualify him?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
So far Susan Collins, one of the very few (about 3) undecided republican senators the democrats are trying very hard to sway, has not indicated that she will vote no on Brett Kavanaugh confirmation after reading the letter and calling him to talk about it on the phone. I think she is smart enough to know what is going on. Though as Jallen said we can probably expect more smear bombs within the next couple weeks against Brett Kavanugh as we saw with Roy Moore.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/se...ng-to-my-colleagues/

"Yet, one lawmaker being closely watched for her reaction is Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine.

CNN asked her about the accusations on Sunday while Collins was at the airport.

“Well, I obviously was very surprised and it’s an issue that I brought up with him last Friday and he denied as he did in his written statement,” she said, adding that is all she really had to say at this point.

She was then asked if the committee should vote this week on Kavanaugh given the turn of events.

“I’m going to be talking with my colleagues, but I really don’t have anything to add at this point, as I said. I did ask — I did read the letter last week and — and asked the judge in a telephone conversation on Friday about it, and he was very emphatic in his denial."

Finally, when asked if she believes the accuser, she said, “I don’t know enough to make a judgment at this point.”

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This is just a bunch of horseshit.

I do not believe that anyone would remember who an overly frisky drunk teenager (weren't we all) was after 35 fucking years. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a lie. And even if it isn't a lie, I don't really care. So the kid got a little handsy. What drunk 17 year old hasn't?

Hell, I vaguely remember being molested by a few young women when I was a drunk kid in high school and college, but there isn't a chance in hell that I have a clue who they were nor do I care. I had fun and so did they.

They are pulling a Clarence Thomas on this guy, sans pubic hairs, and it needs to be shut down yesterday.

Posts: 20066 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is BS. The classic move by DEMs to bring someone down.

Given the stated positions by Lindsey Graham and Jeff Flake, it is very high probability that Christine Blasey Ford will get a chance to testify to the Senate panel before next Thursday.

What a shame these dirty tricks can potentially ruin someone after decades of the highest quality of public service.

Let's hope Kavanaugh and Mark Judge stand firm, and then the REP senators stand w them.

“Now that the anonymous person has been identified and has spoken to the press, I repeat my earlier statement that I have no recollection of any of the events described in today’s Post article or attributed to her letter,” Judge told Breitbart News in a statement.

Likewise, Kavanaugh denied the accusations made against him, saying in a statement, “I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time.”

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I hope he is as steadfast and as assertive as Clarence Thomas was. Take the gloves off back at them. But you know...gentlemanly like.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do the Republicans always cave? Lets get on with the vote.Any accusations that were not brought out in the hearing have no standing now.Especially when Feinstein has said she had knowledge of them and did not bring them forward.

Posts: 12651 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is the letter, thanks to Jonathan Turley:

quote:

Senator Dianne Feinstein
Dear Senator Feinstein;
I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court.
As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak.
Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980’s. He conducted these acts with the assistance of REDACTED.
Both were one to two years older than me and students at a local private school.
The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and four others.
Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stair well from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.
Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh’s hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.
From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from “go for it” to “stop.”
At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stair well at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.
I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.
I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.
I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently REDACTED and will be in REDACTED.
In confidence, REDACTED.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
https://truthfeednews.com/the-...ready-falling-apart/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...a-far-left-activist/

https://twitter.com/RealSaaved.../1041397738645028864

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here is the letter, thanks to Jonathan Turley:

She way overplayed that accounting of what happened. It reads as so many other liars before her have. Way too much detail for something that happened over 35 years ago.

Lying bitch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, the accuser's proof is her counselor's notes.

But, the notes say it was allegedly 4 boys and no one in particular.

Now, the accuser says it was two named boys while saying the counselor's notes are wrong.

That's the proof?

Apparently, only the Trump-hating attorney reported the results of an alleged polygraph.

" Is a Polygraph Test Admissible as Evidence?
In virtually every jurisdiction, the answer is a resounding no. Though called lie detectors, the reality is that a polygraph machine does not have any capacity for detecting the truth or falsity of a statement. Rather, it measures a person's biological processes to determine if they are experiencing a physiological event, such as an increase in blood pressure or heart rate.
" Link

The trouble is, the accuser is an avid yoga practitioner/researcher who is a professional controller of biological responses.

She published scientific papers involving yoga and medittion. I looked it up earlier but can't find the link anymore.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
That letter reads like it was written by a middle school student trying to sound like they think grown-ups would write.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
"Ford is represented by Debra Katz, a liberal Democrat activist lawyer who has publicly touted that she is part of “the Resistance” to President Trump and his agenda. Ford has also donated to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) 2016 presidential campaign."

^^^ That is all you need to know. ^^^

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
VOTE already.

Fucking corrupt Democrats Roll Eyes

Posts: 1780 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post