SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I didn't say the week was going to happen, but put yourself in Kavanaugh's shoes. Even the POSSIBILITY of another week of leftist hate speech has to be anguishing to consider.

Personally I believe Flake is just stringing the republicans along and intends to vote no anyway. His first demand to get out of committee was the hearing with Ford. He got it, and voted yes. Now he says he needs another week and an FBI investigation to vote yes on the floor. He is playing the republican like a violin.

Take the floor vote, yes or no. You have until 31 December to fill the seat. The clock is ticking.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Flake: "I am John McCain!!!!!"

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Heres a link with video that shows the exchange between Grassley and Difi when he ended the comittee hearing. Difi acts like she was just blind-sided by a dump truck...

https://globalnews.ca/video/44...nvokes-two-hour-rule

Thanks! I've watched that like 10 times and can't stop laughing at how DiFi got kicked in the head, and Grassley has to explain to her what happened, hahaha

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I didn't say the week was going to happen, but put yourself in Kavanaugh's shoes. Even the POSSIBILITY of another week of leftist hate speech has to be anguishing to consider.

The man and his family have been through enough.

Lets get him seated ASAP and the dems can try to impeach him from there.

Good luck with that, turds.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Trump says he'll accept delay in Senate confirmation vote for Kavanaugh

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
A question for the "we must have an FBI investigation" people: If they do have an FBI investigation and the investigation finds nothing, will you vote yes to Kavanaugh?

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Fox News keeps saying that Flake made a deal. A deal should involve concessions from each side - what was the Dem concession?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Fox News keeps saying that Flake made a deal. A deal should involve concessions from each side - what was the Dem concession?

He got paid.

posted Hide Post
Forgive my ignorance on this point, but who directs which issues the FBI will or won't investigate?
Isn't it reasonable for the FBI to simply say, "No, we are not going to investigate 35 year-old allegations for which there is not a single corroborating witness and no physical evidence, and it is questionable as to whether it is even actually a crime." ?

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Dems don't make concessions. You can't negotiate with terrorists. You have to defeat them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not quite accurate headline. He said he will let the Senate handle that, and they will do a good job and be professionals.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dems don't make concessions. You can't negotiate with communists. You have to defeat them.

I use the terrorist analogy, I think it is a little more fitting for the modern left.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Heres a link with video that shows the exchange between Grassley and Difi when he ended the comittee hearing. Difi acts like she was just blind-sided by a dump truck...

https://globalnews.ca/video/44...nvokes-two-hour-rule

I'm surprised Grassley didn't call her "Mother".

They sound like an old married couple and the wife has dementia and he's telling her it's time to leave the restaurant, Mother. Big Grin

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Probably money for his presidential run. Would not be surprised if he goes over to the democrats side, and switch parties, if they promise him enough rainbows and unicorn farts.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
“This meeting is adjourned, the 2 hour rule...” -Grassley

“What.....” - DiFi

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That old coot Grassley still has some tricks up his sleeve.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
Forgive my ignorance on this point, but who directs which issues the FBI will or won't investigate?
Isn't it reasonable for the FBI to simply say, "No, we are not going to investigate 35 year-old allegations for which there is not a single corroborating witness and no physical evidence, and it is questionable as to whether it is even actually a crime." ?

Rumor I heard is that they are going to find something this time.

They have two young go getters working in the basement. A pretty red head lady and a tall handsome man. And they want to believe..........Fords story that is Wink

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Dems don't make concessions. You can't negotiate with communists or terrorists. You have to defeat them!

I use the terrorist analogy, I think it is a little more fitting for the modern left.

Big Grin

-rduckwor

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ok I watched that video. Was there a vote or did they "agree" to send it to the floor? I'm confused.

posted Hide Post
Just when I think I've reached maximum disgust DC outdoes themselves again.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post