SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Dems have produced a new witness.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
So, I wonder. Suppose you’re BK and you’ve been trashed and scorched by Democrats in this process. What does pay back look like once your confirmed and various cases come before you over the next 25 years that were originated and were part of the Democrat agenda we’ve suffered through? I hope payback is a bitch.

I would pray Kavanaugh would not be that type of Judge.
I would hope so too. Anyone that is that type of person should not be a judge.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
maybe not news, but a good sign at least

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...e-the-votes-n2523402

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh.

All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh.

With no evidence, no corroborating witnesses, and the timing of the allegation, these allegations against an eminently qualified judge were just too thin to stop the Kavanaugh train. Remember Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s (D-CA) office had Ford’s letter since July. They sat on it for weeks. They kept it from Senate colleagues. And then they dropped it at the 11th hour in the hope of derailing the nomination. It was a Hail Mary pass—and it failed miserably. It looks like their efforts to kill the Kavanaugh nomination turned out to be a bomb that went off in their faces after all.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
What has become crystal clear in these past weeks is that we haven't seen the bottom to which the Democrats will sink-- not even close. They are not restrained by any morality, ethics, or sense of human decency. The only thing that limits their treachery is expedience: what can they get away with? What can they pull off?

Make no mistake, these people-- Feinstein, Blumenthal, Schumer, Hirono, Pelosi-- would round up all Trump supporters and send us to re-education camps if they could get away with it.

But their ugliness and evil is on full display, and decent people across the country have seen it and recoiled. They will get kicked in the ass in the midterms.

I will drift off to sleep tonight thinking about Lindsey Graham. What a magnificent moment! I've never seen anything quite like that. And from, of all people, Lindsey Graham!

Life is unpredictable. And sometimes absolutely wonderful. Big Grin

Good summary. I have never been a fan of his but all of that changed today.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Was it Blumenthal that said if there is one lie then it is all lies?

That may get turned around re Dr Ford

That was so rich coming from the lowlife who lied about serving in Vietnam.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

I will drift off to sleep tonight thinking about Lindsey Graham. What a magnificent moment! I've never seen anything quite like that. And from, of all people, Lindsey Graham!

"Lindsey Graham in that moment justified his entire career on the Senate." (Paraphrasing)

-Newt Gingrich

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Quite a few people ought to think seriously about taking back some or all of the mean things they have been saying about Graham, and McConnell, too, actually.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, I wonder. Suppose you’re BK and you’ve been trashed and scorched by Democrats in this process. What does pay back look like once your confirmed and various cases come before you over the next 25 years that were originated and were part of the Democrat agenda we’ve suffered through? I hope payback is a bitch.
Payback is him being confirmed. The man has far too much character, integrity, and respect for the constitution to play games with his SCOTUS votes.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This shit show didn't prove anything except how low the Democratic Party has sunk. They knew new evidence would not be prosented. They could only hope that Judge Kavanaugh would have enough of being smeared and would with drawl. That didn't happen. The Democrats can say "We tried" and wash their hands of the matter.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm REALLY grateful for all the powerful comments and support by Lindsay Graham during the intermissions and in the open hearing.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
The gays, the feminists, and the Antifa types in New York, San Francisco, Berkeley, and Austin are salivating over the prospect of disarming the "deplorables" in Texas, Idaho, and Appalachia.

Good Luck.
Yep. And I'd highly recommend the leftists budget a lot more money for body bags than they are probably thinking is necessary right now.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Payback is him being confirmed. The man has far too much character, integrity, and respect for the constitution to play games with his SCOTUS votes.

Yup. As someone already said, payback is ruling by the words and original meaning of Constitution...because the Constitution is the left's kryptonite.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Quite a few people ought to think seriously about taking back some or all of the mean things they have been saying about Graham, and McConnell, too, actually.

Watched his interview tonight on Hannity, explaining that bullshit that happens on the Hill is just politics, but what fired him up today was that these ruthless commies were out to intentionally, completely ruin a man's life, along with his family. That he could not stand.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16690 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Senator Graham's fiery beat down of the Dems today has got to rank right up there with Joseph Welch's put down of McCarthy, although, obviously, I wasn't around in 1954.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If that is how BK feels, then Trump picked the wrong guy.

Parties to lawsuits can only hope that their cases are heard by intelligent, experienced and neutral judges, and not by some zealot still getting even over some slight, or philosophical dispute, from the past.

While I whole heartedly agree with your perspective, value your opinion immensely JALLEN, and think Judge Kavanaugh is an honorable man.

I can't help but wonder how this might influence his perspective. The Democrats figuratively attempted to burn his house down,destroy him and his family,with no regards to him or his family's future purely for political purposes.

He, no doubt has come to realize how truly evil they and their policies are,in a way that he probably could not have realized a few weeks ago.

Again I do not think he will rule out of revenge or malice. But a man can not go through a situation like this and not have deeper realization of how destructive the left truly is.

There will be two Justices sitting on the court who have been forged with fire. Justice Thomas being the second.

Posts: 12674 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Even a fresh and steamy turd eventually stops stinking, and so it goes for Graham.

Good for him. One honorable day and one good performance out of counties others.

He ought to retire while in this brief and uncharacteristic peak, and take Mitch with him.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Even a fresh and steamy turd eventually stops stinking, and so it goes for Graham.

Good for him. One honorable day and one good performance out of counties others.

He ought to retire while in this brief and uncharacteristic peak, and take Mitch with him.

And we wonder why the Republicans don't stick together like the Democrats.

Posts: 12674 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

And we wonder why the Republicans don't stick together like the Democrats.

Yep. Unreal. Some folks just have to be unhappy. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Shannon Bream reporting Graham went into the GOP Senate caucus this evening and was greeted with "thunderous applause".

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Writing my Senator (Heitkamp) right now. I hear 3 or 4 of her campaign ads a day that state she votes with Trump most of the time.

What a lovely opportunity for her to put up or shut up with midterms looming!

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post