SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's asking the impossible... I know
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's asking the impossible... I know Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Before you build a cat house, check your local regulations. They had to shut one down that had a bar downstairs, supposedly due to too much fucking overhead.

My first SigForum laugh of the day with wake up coffee. Big Grin Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The Venerable Bede (my cat) contacted yours and they agreed this would make a nice design for your cat(s):

or

or if you are funding constrained...

Let Bede know and he'll communicate the options to your cat.

For a fee, of course.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
For clarification, do you want a separate cat abode that has no attachment to your home, or are you looking for ingress/egress from your home while locking out other critters?

Excellent question. The cat belongs to my neighbor. She lives outside 99% of the time. She's semi feral (took me over a year of seeing her occasionally to get her to the point where she'd let me pet her). She's only 2.5 yrs old. she was found in a drainage tube.

She currently resides in the shed in the back yard. Her owner put a pet carrier on top of a stack of 3 old tires and she likes it in there.

Problem is her brother (who has forgotten they are related) comes by every so often and attacks her. Some times a racoon will wander in as well.

So I can't make any mods to the setup w/o consulting the owner and she's gone to extraordinary lengths up to now. To say the cat is skittish is an understatement. Very distrusting of humans in general.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I should have taken this post as a sign. Last night, something happened at the shelter I'd provided to our neighborhood three "wild" cats. We have a styrofoam cooler with a flat lid and a hole in it. I fill it with straw. I keep it under our picnic table. I actually wedge it in there, -- which I now feel is a mistake. That lid need to be able to pop off if there's danger.

The cooler was pushed back and the lid was ajar. Hopefully everything ok. I saw one of them so far, but not the ones I believe live in there.

Interesting. Well we live and learn thanks for taking the time to try to help.

- Frank Castle

Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Are you saying you want to have the best little cat house in MD? Big Grin

Ya why not... since we can't have non HBAR AR-15s anymore... :-|

- Frank Castle

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I think they call it a catio Big Grin
Mine has a climbing structure inside for their exercise and amusement. And it's an original part of the house, not an add-on. The only modification was to screen it in and install the cat door.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post