SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drool Alert! Breakfast Taco from International Bacon Fest
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drool Alert! Breakfast Taco from International Bacon Fest Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Words can't do this breakfast taco justice:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a Bakers dozen as we speak!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

But wait...how the fuck?

I have tried bacon weaves before and they are MUCH more difficult than shown on TV. So you get a perfect weave square and then - cut it into a circle, like a tortilla? And then cook it? You must have to put it on one of those taco-shaping hoodankuses to get it to set up...

Shit, by the time I got this done I'd be 12 beers into it and flinging overcooked bacon into the guest crowd like a monkey throwing poo at the zoo.

It's now lunchtime, you ingrates!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Awesome!

Shit, by the time I got this done I'd be 12 beers into it and flinging overcooked bacon into the guest crowd like a monkey throwing poo at the zoo.

Big Grin Yeah, pretty much this. That would be really hard to pull off.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Needs some sausage and chorizo

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Needs some sausage and chorizo
All chorizo is sausage, but not all sausage is chorizo Wink

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Awesome!

Big Grin Yeah, pretty much this. That would be really hard to pull off.
Y'all realize that the actual food served rarely resembles the professionally staged and photographed promo pic, right?

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Most of my sandwiches are of the "eat 'em over the sink" variety. That would be the right tactic for this taco, too. Yeah, taco tactic too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
While I would appreciate the taste, for me thats got headache written all over it!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I scrolled in 'till it was the size of the monitor screen. Now it would taste even better.. Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post