SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for hydraulic floor jacks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for hydraulic floor jacks? Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
In the market for a new floor jack. Somewhere in the 2.5+ ton range. High lift capacity...enough to life 4 WD trucks, and a wide base for stability. Aluminum would be nice, but I think a high quality jack in aluminum might be out of my price range. Buy once cry once. I don't have a budget per se, it just needs to be a quality jack.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight.

I got an Aluminum Speed Jack 2.5 Ton for somewhere around $150 I think. Great jack.
YMMV

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking myself. I'd like to go aluminum this time.

Tool Shed 3-ton Aluminum Racing Jack for 150 at Rural King.

https://www.ruralking.com/3-to...DNcFhbhoCRnwQAvD_BwE

3-ton aluminum for 130 from WM.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-T...497796&wl13=&veh=sem

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy once cry once. I don't have a budget per se, it just needs to be a quality jack.

Not sure what brand but the above offering dosn't meet this. Expect to pay around 500.00

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Arcan 3.5 ton steel jack Model# XL35 on sale from Northern tool. it's one heavy mofo, but has the lift height I require for my truck.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
I was shopping for a floor jack over the weekend and did a lot of reading / comparing. I think I'm going to buy this 3.5 ton model from Napa.

It seemed to have better reviews on the auto / garage forums I browsed.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have my Snap-On branded jack from 1997. A two ton model. Made in the USA. Now made in the USA is not available from Snap-on. Estate sale would be a good place, even if you had to get it rebuilt.
If you where to go with a new one the one above from NAPA is a good value. The local tire shops use them.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now made in the USA is not available from Snap-on. Estate sale would be a good place, even if you had to get it rebuilt.

The guy who rebuilds my hydraulic equipment always has a big row of vintage floor jacks that are in the shop for rebuilding. I think he said some of them go back well into the 1950's.

Seeing nobody builds them nearly as well today, he said the old jacks are a favorite among mechanics who simply have them rebuilt as needed.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hein-Werner is the old Lincoln brand now.
They are made in USA and a 3 ton model is in the low $300 range.
I would also look for a good used Lincoln. Either one is in a different league than the Chinese stuff which are throw always.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have a many ton Walker. Been in the family for decades.

Looks like this

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I've got a Hein Werner 3 ton with matching jack stands.

Was pretty expensive proposition (but even got free FREIGHT on the R&L line) from Amazon.

Smooth and well built. Hopefully it'll be used in my future children's garages.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very happy with the Hein-Werner/Lincoln I've had for about 15 years. My dads Montgomery Wards branded Hein-Werner is still going after 40-45 years, one rebuild and several repaints.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
I was shopping for a floor jack over the weekend and did a lot of reading / comparing. I think I'm going to buy this 3.5 ton model from Napa.

We use these Napa jacks at work. If I were in the market right now, I wouldn't hesitate to get one of these.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m looking at a Pro Eagle jack for home.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight aluminum racing jack.

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:

That looks like a nice one, if I still had my diesel truck I’d buy that one. I drive a 96 Tacoma so the cheap Chinese ones work fine.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight is the way to go.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
lol, might be good to readjust your jack point...

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post