New
Find
Notify
Tools
181 years ago Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Just about this time, the Mexican army beseiging the Alamo began their final assault.

In an hour, the Mexicans controlled the compound, having killed the Texian defenders.

The Alamo ranks among the great stands of brave men and women, who outnumbered and surrounded, with no hope of relief or escape, stood their ground and gave their lives for each other and for some cause greater than themselves.

Remember the Alamo!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Remember the Jib-Jab!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Remember the Jib-Jab!

With my stainless steel sieve of a memory, I need several reminders. It happens when we get....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Just some pertinent observations, no offense intended to anybody:

-- Para has admonished us many times to make the subject lines of our threads an accurate depiction of the thread content.

-- Neither of the subject lines of the two threads involved gives any real indication of what their respective threads are about.

-- If either one of the two threads involved had just included the word "Alamo" in their subject lines, it is most likely that the jib-jab wouldn't have occurred.

-- Without the deliberate cooperation of each thread's OP, the forum's search engine is almost no help at all when one checks to see whether or not some subject matter that he thinks may be of interest to forum members has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post