SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Invisible plane at the Phoenix Goodyear Airport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Invisible plane at the Phoenix Goodyear Airport Login/Join 
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted
Was wondering around the internet looking at airplane boneyards and stumbled upon this semi-invisable plane at the Phoenix Goodyear Airport storage facility.

I am sure an anomaly in the google maps software, or is it Wink ? Interesting nonetheless.

Google maps location: 33.424834, -112.378399

Link for satellite view: https://tinyurl.com/yaqtnq58

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Appears to be a 707 and doesn't appear even slightly invisible to me...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It might be covered in sand.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe Google was using Photobucket...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Here is a screenshot of how it appears for me in google maps using Chrome.

Screen shot with other aircraft. Yea, invisible-ish when compared.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
From you link, viewed using Safari. Doesn't even appear to be the same plane you are seeing.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Furthermore, the pads that have aircraft on them in your picture, do not have aircraft on them in my view.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ah, bendable universe...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
He has found a fold in the fabric of the Matrix. Maybe we can slip through and be free.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Trump did it...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
He has found a fold in the fabric of the Matrix. Maybe we can slip through and be free.

It's my wormhole, I found it. Get your own!

In another note, does anyone have Bendable's email. I'm gonna need some help on how this thing works.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:

In another note, does anyone have Bendable's email. I'm gonna need some help on how this thing works.

You'll need an interpreter too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Well this is just great. Using Bing Maps in Safari, they put a fricking little green alien airplane there. Now I am convinced that the internet exists just to scramble my brain!

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

You'll need an interpreter too.

Will you work pro bono till we can find the best way to exploit this?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well this is just great. Using Bing Maps in Safari, they put a fricking little green alien airplane there. Now I am convinced that the internet exists just to scramble my brain!

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's Schrodinger's Airplane...

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Was the semi-invisible plane replaced with the solid 707 or the other way around?

Is it Wonder Woman's plane?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that's an example of the time/anti-time paradox.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phoenix Goodyear Airport

I live right next to the Phoenix Goodyear Airport and can see it from my backyard. I drive by it almost daily.

I don't believe it is a long term boneyard as there are not a lot of planes there and they change all the time. Don't know exactly how it works but it isn't a true boneyard like the one on Tucson.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Zoom in on the "invisible plane....
and you can see the amateur photo shop work..

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post