SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I'd like to thank all the forum members that fought this.

I'll name a few specifically: you, Skins2881, fpuhan, and especially sdy and DSgrouse for delving into and sharing the details, and to stickman for starting the thread. That's certainly not to shortchange anyone else who has contributed to this forum, but these members stand out to me in particular. Thank you, each and every one of you, who wrote, called, emailed, and prompted others (like me) to do the same.

Let's take a moment to relax and breathe, and then jump right back into the anti-gunners in the legislature with both feet. As my old friend Steve would say, "stomp a mudhole in 'em, and then stomp it dry." Cool

keeping up and disseminating all the bullshit online was a chore. There was a ton of horrible "this is Unconstitutional because x" "the courts will save us" "boogaloo brothers Boogaloo" Not to mention all of the miss reporting, all of the miss characterizing of the laws.

Then there was the change over of the delegates, and senators. Their games with their emails.

I am happy to help.

As I understand it, here is a reality check. This is simply a pause until the crime commission returns next year. IE 330 days. Then it is 2 or 3 steps from the governor signing it.

If the crime commission comes back with 0 recommendations for changes. The judiciary committee could pass this out, then the senate. Poof, on the governor's desk.

If the crime commission comes back with changes and is passed out of committee, out of the senate. It is different from the house, it goes to 2 delegates, 2 senators they can demonstrably change the bill back to the original form. It then goes for the Governer's desk.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am very proud of our Old Dominion members and the VCDL. Despite The deck being stacked against you, King Coonman was still denied the ability to savor what I think was the main course of his tyrants feast.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
I'd like to thank all the forum members that fought this.

I'll name a few specifically: you, Skins2881, fpuhan, and especially sdy and DSgrouse for delving into and sharing the details, and to stickman for starting the thread. That's certainly not to shortchange anyone else who has contributed to this forum, but these members stand out to me in particular. Thank you, each and every one of you, who wrote, called, emailed, and prompted others (like me) to do the same.

Let's take a moment to relax and breathe, and then jump right back into the anti-gunners in the legislature with both feet. As my old friend Steve would say, "stomp a mudhole in 'em, and then stomp it dry." Cool

Let me toss some of those thanks back to the good people of SIGForum. Your ongoing support, updates, suggestions and "ears to listen" were great aids in keeping the faith and the fight going. Knowing there was a lot of support from all over the country (if not the world) was key when things looked bleak and hopeless.

The fight isn't over by a long shot. But we've won a major battle for now, and that too, is reason to keep on!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have not read any outside media coverage, all I've read about the bill ending is here.

Pretty sure the leftist media in Virginia will not report it in an objective way.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Chesterfield Sen. Amanda Chase announces run for governor

BY JUSTIN MATTINGLY Richmond Times-Dispatch 8 hrs ago

BOB BROWN/RICHMOND TIMES-DISPATCH Sen. Amanda Chase announced her run for governor outside the state Capitol, surrounded by gun rights supporters.

Amanda Chase, the gun-carrying Republican state senator Big Grin from Chesterfield County, is running for governor.

Chase made the announcement Monday afternoon outside the state Capitol after a weekend filled with speculation. Chase had shared a video on Facebook Friday saying she planned to make a “HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT” on Monday.

The second-term senator cited Democratic gun control proposals as the reason for running for statewide office.

"I can't take it anymore," Chase said on the Capitol steps, referring to "liberal ideals."

"Virginians deserve better."

The Chesterfield Observer had reported in October that Chase planned to run for governor in 2025. Instead, the 50-year-old financial planner, who represents Amelia County, Colonial Heights, and part of Chesterfield, will seek the office four years earlier.

Chase, first elected to the Senate in 2015, has made headlines for her roles in a number of controversies. She announced in November that she was leaving the Senate Republican Caucus after Sen. Tommy Norment, R-James City, was re-elected as the Senate Republican leader. In September, Chase was kicked out of the Chesterfield County Republican Party after she publicly attacked Republican Sheriff Karl Leonard.

In March 2019, Chase was seen on video berating a Capitol Police officer who refused to let her park in a secure area near the Capitol. She started openly carrying a pistol last year and has continued to carry a gun inside legislative buildings despite new rules barring firearms from the buildings.

During last year's General Assembly session, Chase used Capitol Police for transportation so frequently that the agency's chief asked the House and Senate clerks to remind legislators about accepted procedures.

Her close ties with the guns rights community were on display Jan. 20, when an estimated 22,000 people rallied in Richmond in support of the Second Amendment. Chase spoke at the rally and drew loud cheers from the crowd when walking on Bank Street.

Her gubernatorial announcement came two days after presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg came to Richmond to make his case to Virginia Democrats, touting his efforts to back General Assembly candidates who support gun control measures. His appearances, first at a Richmond brewery and then at the Democratic Party of Virginia’s annual gala, drew protests from gun rights proponents.

“Bloomberg is interested in restricting law-abiding citizens’ ability to protect themselves,” Chase said in an interview on “Fox & Friends” Monday morning. “I am willing to lead the effort to fight this attack on our constitutional rights.”

https://www.newsvirginian.com/...fb-5c19d0e44fb6.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to hear about the bill being tabled. The groundswell obviously has frightened the demoncrats. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Of course the liberal bent Richmond Times Dispatch had to berate Amanda Chase's public anouncement on her gubernatorial intentions.

I hate the media so much.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
This is very good news. Senator Chase will get my support.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
As has been stated, this is a temporary win. We need to make sure we support those House Members and Senators who stood up for our rights. I even plan on sitting down and writing checks to the campaign funds of the Democrats who crossed party lines.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sunset_Va, you are not alone. The American corporate media is the enemy of the people. At best they are dishonest propagandists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Congrats Va! Keep up the good fight, we have your six.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Virginia patriots who fought this fight and have succeeded in pushing the grabbers’ goals off to another day. Things sure sound different there than when I lived there through grad school 30-something years ago. I’ve been watching this closely since my daughter will be moving to Virginia in a few months for her residency. Keep up the good fight.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got excited about the news and was way wrong on the dem count but 4 was still enough. Big Grin

A few things:
I’m all in for Sen Chase being our gov candidate. She’s been sticking her finger in the left’s eye over the guns issues from the start.

Thank you for the forum support everyone. I knew you were with us!

Please watch the video on the previous page. Levine looks like someone shit in his latte. HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

A spokeswoman for the governor made a statement yesterday saying how disappointed they were but that they’ll be back next year. Well sweetheart guess who else will be back next year? See you then. Be ready for an even more vicious fight. The gloves are off, the giant is awake and you stirred the wrong damn pot.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Glad to see Americans willing in VA. I don’t live in VA but I’m glad this turned out correctly.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course the liberal bent Richmond Times Dispatch had to berate Amanda Chase's public anouncement on her gubernatorial intentions.

I hate the media so much.

Wow that's what hit me, a few bits on her qualifications and then raked her over the coals.

Good luck VA, you'll need to flip your house and Senate back and keep it...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And in Ever So Shocking news...

From NewsBusters:

Nets Ignore Massive Gun Control Defeat: VA Rejects Assault Weapons Ban

What media bias? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I was proud to be in Richmond last month with my fellow Virginians. The next step is flipping back the house next year and potentially winning the governor’s mansion

As someone who lives behind enemy lines, as it were, up in NoVA, the staunchly Democrat suburbs around DC, 3 months ago after the election I would have said there was no way. I’m glad to say I have hope again

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update from the VSSA's site linked to this article at WaPo. Informative, but I didn't look at the 6K comments. As we are cautioning, they'll be back next year to try again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ace%20mailing%20list

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
An update from the VSSA's site linked to this article at WaPo. Informative, but I didn't look at the 6K comments. As we are cautioning, they'll be back next year to try again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ace%20mailing%20list

They are pissed and will try every way to bring this about again . Guns and Trump give Democrats derangements.

美しい犬

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are pissed and will try every way to bring this about again . Guns and Trump give Democrats derangements.

Yep. An additional edge we have is next year is an election year. Reminding them of that fact may be more effective next year than it has been this year. They assume we forget and go on with our lives. But next year we only have to remember for about 8 months. Hell, we can call them an let them know their choices dictate which campaign we back with our wallets and I figure the little dictator will have been smacked down a bit by then.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post