SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Perhaps we've crashed the switchboards and servers again; no reply to my thank you notes to the two Fairfax County Senators that voted "No" on HB961 Monday as yet.

Odd, I received one from Peterson.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
no reply to my thank you notes to the two Fairfax County Senators that voted "No" on HB961 Monday as yet.

Maybe I'm old-school, but I'm thinking our thank-you notes ought to be on paper anyway. Smile
That's not such a bad idea. I can only imagine the flak they're catching from members of their own party now.

I'm thinking actual on-paper notes/letters will be a welcome treat for those on our side, once the general assembly session winds down.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
quote:
Perhaps we've crashed the switchboards and servers again; no reply to my thank you notes to the two Fairfax County Senators that voted "No" on HB961 Monday as yet.

Odd, I received one from Peterson.

They're probably swamped, will give it time. Was just watching a clip on WUSA's site from Sen. Surovell explaining why he voted as he did. He knew the votes on the floor were not there to pass it, and other bills/state business were logjammed. Send to the crime commission and move on. Still a win to me.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
This post came up on fakebook. I'm a bit technically challenged so I'm not sure how to link it. I copied it but you can go to Sen. Stanley's page to see it.

Senator Bill Stanley
·

Tonight (just now) on the Senate floor, I tried to amend the state budget to give all of our men and women of Virginia’s Sheriffs’ Departments a 3% raise for this year. It was defeated, with all democrats voting “no.” When I went to get a vote count from the clerk, Majority Leader Dick Saslaw came up and said this to me: “Hey Stanley, you want to know why your sheriffs didn’t get a raise? —because they came to our committees and said that they weren’t going to enforce our laws.” When I asked him which law was he talking about, he said “gun control”. I was shocked that the Democrats are now punishing our local Sheriff’s Departments (by eliminating a pay raise for them), for the their choice to protect and defend our citizens’ Second Amendment rights. Democrats want to restrict a citizen’s right to protect themselves, but won’t pay our sheriffs’ deputies to protect Virginians. Hypocrisy has a name.

What absolute fucking morons.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
This post came up on fakebook. I'm a bit technically challenged so I'm not sure how to link it. I copied it but you can go to Sen. Stanley's page to see it.

Senator Bill Stanley
·

Tonight (just now) on the Senate floor, I tried to amend the state budget to give all of our men and women of Virginia’s Sheriffs’ Departments a 3% raise for this year. It was defeated, with all democrats voting “no.” When I went to get a vote count from the clerk, Majority Leader Dick Saslaw came up and said this to me: “Hey Stanley, you want to know why your sheriffs didn’t get a raise? —because they came to our committees and said that they weren’t going to enforce our laws.” When I asked him which law was he talking about, he said “gun control”. I was shocked that the Democrats are now punishing our local Sheriff’s Departments (by eliminating a pay raise for them), for the their choice to protect and defend our citizens’ Second Amendment rights. Democrats want to restrict a citizen’s right to protect themselves, but won’t pay our sheriffs’ deputies to protect Virginians. Hypocrisy has a name.

This exchange should be spread around.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Virginia voters

We have an unusual opportunity on 3 Mar 2020

The Democratic Party will hold its primary election (for president) in Virginia on March 3, 2020.

The Republican Party voted to cancel its primary (for president) .

So all of us in Virginia can help the DEMs select their presidential candidate on 3 Mar.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

reminder to avoid confusion:

there will be a Republican primary on 9 June 2020 for the 11 Virginia seats in the U.S. House of Representatives and one of the Virginia seats in the U.S. senate

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Virginia voters

The Democratic Party will hold its primary election in Virginia on March 3, 2020.

The Republican Party voted to cancel its primary .

So all of us in Virginia can help the DEMs select their presidential candidate on 3 Mar.
Good, I'll write in DJT. And the next time I'm in the Springfield area will stop at one of Saslaw's gas stations and take a hearty dump in the bathroom and not flush. Mad

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:

Senator Bill Stanley
·

Screen shot that madness and post it on billboards across the state....

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Virginia voters

The Democratic Party will hold its primary election (for president) in Virginia on March 3, 2020.

The Republican Party voted to cancel its primary (for president) .

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

reminder to avoid confusion:

there will be a Republican primary on 9 June 2020 for the 11 Virginia seats in the U.S. House of Representatives and one of the Virginia seats in the U.S. senate

I was going to do that until the local chairperson of the RPV advised that we cannot if we'd like to vote during the conventions. I plan on doing both the April 25th convention for the 7th Congressional District and the May 1-2 State convention. Kinda sucked some air out of the room and I am not sure whether she's just trying to play nice or not, but I'm just passing along the info that I have at the moment. For everyone that isn't gonna go to the conventions.....FUCK THEM SIDEWAYS Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
We are going to a Campbell County rally next month and we are the 'selected' to vote for our House Rep . I was given a form that has to be pre-filed, so that can happen. Then I have to go to the convention and vote for our candidate. Currently it is Riggleman, but he is a nevertrumper, basically a democrat and now he has lost his base and is desperately trying to put it out there that he is a great conservative. Nope, I am voting for his challenger Bob Goode.

I am getting as involved as I can and will do what I can to change the GOP in Virginia from my end.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Senator Bill Stanley
·

Sadly, the FOP will throw out support for many of them because they have a D next to their name.

The state level FOP in most states are just a democrat party arm.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Senator Bill Stanley
·

Sadly, the FOP will throw out support for many of them because they have a D next to their name.

The state level FOP in most states are just a democrat party arm.

Generally, true. The PBA was very 2A supportive and vocal in their support of the citizens even asking the members to call/email Delegates.

9/11/01 Never Forget

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Senator Bill Stanley
·

9/11/01 Never Forget

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^
And perhaps that can be emailed to the local sheriffs? I'm sure mine would be interested.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
We are going to a Campbell County rally next month and we are the 'selected' to vote for our House Rep . I was given a form that has to be pre-filed, so that can happen. Then I have to go to the convention and vote for our candidate. Currently it is Riggleman, but he is a nevertrumper, basically a democrat and now he has lost his base and is desperately trying to put it out there that he is a great conservative. Nope, I am voting for his challenger Bob Goode.

I am getting as involved as I can and will do what I can to change the GOP in Virginia from my end.

Redstone, I am also in Riggleman's district. I was under the impression that Trump had endorsed Riggleman. So I googled Trump endorse Riggleman and found this https://thehill.com/homenews/c...-virginia-house-race
There were several more along the same line. I had never heard of Riggleman being a never Trump guy. Could you tell me more about this?

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please educate me on Riggleman. I thought he was good to go. How did he vote?
Thanks.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Is this a common practice for the state to pay local sheriffs or just a VA thing?

Seems like the local municipality (county or city) would be the employer.

And intercourse Dick Scofflaw and his cronies for being, well, total dicks.

JB

quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Senator Bill Stanley
·

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new VCDL 60 second spot. Please pass it around

https://youtu.be/Tn0VEhNwrqQ

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I put up the Bill Stanly post on instagram that's about the best I can do. I also didn't know VCDL had a youtube channel. We all need to subscribe to that too. I'd like to see them grow just as big as Military Arms Channel or some of the other pro gun channels.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is Bob Good not Goode. He is endorsed by Virgil Goode.

"As the campaign kicks off, Mr. Good is pleased to have received the endorsement of Former Congressman Virgil Goode. “Bob is a principled individual who we can all support. His business background, his record of public service and his strong conservative values make him an excellent candidate for the 5th district. I am proud to endorse him” – Virgil Goode."

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post