SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
If 2nd Amendment sanctuary counties are illegal, how is it that sanctuary cities to protect illegal immigrants are legal? Doesn't the federal government control immigration policies?

Never make valid points.
It will only trigger a Liberal Wink

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
If 2nd Amendment sanctuary counties are illegal, how is it that sanctuary cities to protect illegal immigrants are legal? Doesn't the federal government control immigration policies?

That's part of the great part of these resolutions.

Ask your leftists acquaintances this:

Try justifying how sanctuary cities resolutions to circumvent the federal immigration laws is ok, but a resolution affirming a municipalities intent to follow the Bill of Rights and not enforce unconstitutional laws.

Just try to reconcile that please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I have been in a lot of discussions w people about 2A Sanctuary Resolutions. The conversation quickly goes to "Is it legal?" "Is it binding?"

My attitude is this: I don't care

What these resolutions mean to me is that the DEMs have driven us to say we will defy laws we think are outrageous constitutional violations and abuses.

That has been a leftist tactic for a long long time.

If you are in a dirty fight, you need to decide how "fair" and "limited" your tactics are.

The DEMs have no limits. The DEMs have no "fair". (Kavanaugh hearings, Russia collusion frame up, spying on Trump campaign, endless lies, whacko professors making elitist statements w no truthful basis, personal attacks on everyone close to Donald Trump, on and on)

So for me these resolutions are our response to the DEM "no holds barred" tactics.

These are defiant FU proclamations, but on the right side of the spirit and intent of one of the most important parts of our constitution

Good guys fighting like they mean to win

It is dangerous to allow the DEMs to go on without fighting back.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I have been in a lot of discussions w people about 2A Sanctuary Resolutions. The conversation quickly goes to "Is it legal?" "Is it binding?"

My attitude is this: I don't care

What these resolutions mean to me is that the DEMs have driven us to say we will defy laws we think are outrageous constitutional violations and abuses.

That has been a leftist tactic for a long long time.

If you are in a dirty fight, you need to decide how "fair" and "limited" your tactics are.

The DEMs have no limits. The DEMs have no "fair". (Kavanaugh hearings, Russia collusion frame up, spying on Trump campaign, endless lies, whacko professors making elitist statements w no truthful basis, personal attacks on everyone close to Donald Trump, on and on)

So for me these resolutions are our response to the DEM "no holds barred" tactics.

These are defiant FU proclamations, but on the right side of the spirit and intent of one of the most important parts of our constitution

Good guys fighting like they mean to win

It is dangerous to allow the DEMs to go on without fighting back.

I can tell you these sanctuary City proposals and the push back are doing something. I've always assumed that we were safe here and had my head buried in the sand. Since the election, I have joined VCDL, donated, joined a Loudoun County 2A FB group. Taking off work for Lobby Day (1/20/20) to go to Richmond and be heard. I've also written my BoS and asked for action.

They've bitten off more than they can chew and have galvanized the people by proposing the strictest gun laws in the nation making me and everyone I shoot with overnight felons.

I'm dug in now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, if there were any doubts the AG is an idiot. When you start spouting off nonsense about allowing "violent felons", who are already prohibited from owning or purchasing firearms via federal law, you know which side controls the narrative.

I think Herring is terrified right now. The serfs aren't supposed to rise up and say no.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
So, if there were any doubts the AG is an idiot. When you start spouting off nonsense about allowing "violent felons", who are already prohibited from owning or purchasing firearms via federal law, you know which side controls the narrative.
Yes, his remark makes no sense and I can only assume that it was intended as a soundbite for the uninformed.
quote:
I think Herring is terrified right now. The serfs aren't supposed to rise up and say no.
Laws do not enforce themselves, and people are unwilling to adhere to bad laws. Just take a look at 18th Amendment to the Constitution. If the police do not enforce a law and the people are unwilling to follow that law, yes, the government has a real problem on their hands.

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly." - Abraham Lincoln

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I can tell you these sanctuary City proposals and the push back are doing something. I've always assumed that we were safe here and had my head buried in the sand.Since the election, I have joined VCDL, donated, joined a Loudoun County 2A FB group. Taking off work for Lobby Day (1/20/20) to go to Richmond and be heard. I've also written my BoS and asked for action.

This right here. Jesse, I'm not singling you out for criticism but using your comment to illustrate one of the main problems I run into when trying to motivate gun owners to get active in organizing and taking action against proposed gun control laws...

...Complacency.

I can't tell you how many gun owners I know that aren't a member of a national or state level 2A advocacy group, that don't stay on top of proposed gun control laws, that don't take the time to contact their elected reps, don't take the time to participate in fund raisers or attend rallies. Many believe that simply voting once every couple years fulfills any supposed obligation and once the election is over they put their head back down focusing on their own lives and pursuits. To some degree it is a common problem regarding human behavior...but it is important to understand that the Progressive Left enemy of many of our Constitutional rights, including the 2A, is organized, focused, and well funded...and, fanatical as they are, committed to their goal of ending private gun ownership in the U.S. They have been focused on this and have been making incremental steps in reaching their goal. The days of gun owners throwing a few dollars at the NRA, voting, and then disappearing until the next election are long gone...gun owners are either as committed to preserving the Second Amendment as the gun grabbers are to destroying it, or they are not.

I watch you guys in Virginia and the way you are organizing to fight these proposed laws and the efforts, the commitment, the passion some of you have shown since the election results a month ago...and I'm so proud and excited for you. But I also find myself wondering why you waited so long, why you waited until after the election to organize and start fighting back. It's not as though the tsunami of gun control hasn't been sweeping across the country at the state level...those of us who have already experienced these gun control laws have been trying to warn those of you who haven't.

Complacency. What many Virginia gun owners don't realize is that the focus and committment you are now feeling towards resisting these proposed laws was the same focus and committment felt by gun owners in the states when these same types of laws were proposed and enacted...but eventually the commitment seems to wane. Gun owners start to capitulate, roll over, quit fighting, and just accept their fate.

Enemies of the Second Amendment are focused organized, committed to their goals, and well funded...and they push their agenda year round...I truly hope and wish that Virginia gun owners not only appreciate the current level of energy and committment being displayed...but you need to find a way to "bottle it" and remember that this will be a long fight so you better pick your heads up, look around at the gun owners in states that have already experienced what you are now experiencing, and change your mindset on how/ when to take action, resist complacency...and be prepared for a long engagement.

I'd like to see gun owners from different states unite in opposition to these gun control laws.

quote:
I'm dug in now.

This, straight up!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^The above description is perfect for me. Coasting along,. Voting every election, and that is it. Always thought that would never happen to me. I'm 'woke' now, hopefully my and others efforts aren't too late.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I joined VCDL last year, been a member of the NRA off and on (they’re really pissing me off again lately though) and always get after people to vote. I’m going to the Rockingham County BoS meeting the 11th, I’ve been on our sheriff’s ass about being too wishy washy and I’m trying to get off work for Lobby day. I keep reminding the “I’m gonna move” crowd that this communist plague is spreading and it’ll find them wherever they go. My words are often falling on deaf ears. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I've always assumed that we were safe here and had my head buried in the sand. Since the election, I have joined VCDL, donated, joined a Loudoun County 2A FB group. Taking off work for Lobby Day (1/20/20) to go to Richmond and be heard. I've also written my BoS and asked for action.

They've bitten off more than they can chew and have galvanized the people by proposing the strictest gun laws in the nation making me and everyone I shoot with overnight felons.

I'm dug in now.

I'm with you, Jesse. I voted, tried to get others to vote, and thought we were safe.
Now we're dug in. I'm in touch with my county Board of Supervisors, my local legislators, VCDL, and KeepVa2A. Gun owners of America is pounding my email box right now. (I'm not sure what NRA is doing at the moment, but that's a different rant.)

I was a bit disappointed at the number of responses I didn't get from the county BoS, until one of them said she is receiving hundreds of emails and other contacts. I'm good with that (mostly) -- it shows "them" that we are not happy. Our county Sheriff has put out a statement.

It's getting their attention. Now we have to ensure that they act accordingly.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I just joined VCDL.

Hopefully, between them, NRA and other organizations we can get these knotheads in our state legislature under control.

Problem is that they will have 2 years to continue the BS. Not to mention wasting a ton of taxpayers' money on the legal fight.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Problem is that they will have 2 years to continue the BS. Not to mention wasting a ton of taxpayers' money on the legal fight.

Do they? Not everyone is a Donald J. Trump, who punches back every time someone throws one at him. Like my neighbor Jesse, who I've never met, but have probably stood next to at the range, I've become more politically active. With the assistance of the organizations listed already, I submit that we can make these tyrants very uncomfortable. If we show up at every BoS meeting, carrying placards, wearing buttons and waving photos of Governor Blackface, their blood pressure is sure to go up and they might start looking around corners.

The Left works tirelessly to dig up dirt, make shit up, and flood the airwaves with their crap. It's time we did the same.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Problem is that they will have 2 years to continue the BS

Yes, 2 years for state elections, but Nov 2020 is 11 months away.

We should be pushing to have Virginia go for Donald Trump, elect a REP to replace Mark Warner, and go after DEMs in the House of Representatives

Virginia has 11 representatives to the House (11 congressional districts) 7 of the 11 are held by DEMs

If we hit the DEMs hard in Nov 2020, they may have second thoughts about a radical agenda.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about the only thing that the commie piece of shit-stain barry and his ilk achieved of note was to get a lot of gun folks "woke" as they say to the evilness afoot to nullify the 2A.

My buddy in CT just sent me this article today from 'Daily Caller' -

Virginia Sheriff Promises To Deputize Thousands If Red Flag Laws Are Passed

ALEC SEARS
CONTRIBUTOR
December 07, 2019

Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins promised to deputize thousands of Virginians during a county board meeting in Culpeper, Virginia this week.

Jenkins’ promise comes at a time when state lawmakers are conspiring to pass “red flag” legislation that could lead to the seizure of firearms from law-abiding citizens.

The Tuesday morning assembly was convened to pass a resolution declaring Culpeper County a “sanctuary county” for the Second Amendment, and dozens of supporters packed the room. The seven-member board voted unanimously to approve the resolution.

The meeting included a listening session for members of the community to express their frustrations at the Democratic state government’s proposed “red flag” law. (RELATED: Former Congressman Breaks Down What Red Flag Laws Really Mean For Law Abiding Citizens)

“If the legislature decides to restrict certain weapons I feel harms our community, I will swear in thousands of auxiliary deputies in Culpeper,” Jenkins said. According to the Star Exponent, the audience erupted into applause for Sheriff Jenkins.

After the County Board meeting, the official Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook reiterated Jenkins’ promise to deputize Virginians to “protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”

According to American Military News, during his speech at the board meeting, Sheriff Jenkins claimed, “There’s no limit to the number of people I can swear in.”

Culpeper County is now one of 41 counties in Virginia that have passed resolutions declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, according to 10 News.

END

I like the idea! The fk'n GDC's need to understand that what they want will not be easy or pretty for them.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Problem is - the Republican Party of Virginia. They still have not dislodged their thumbs from their asses. They are presently cluster-fucking as we speak.

They should ALREADY be grooming candidates to take on whoever the Democratic governor, Lt gov and attorney general candidates will be in 2021. They should ALREADY be running adds on TV that tell the story of the failures and waste of the present baby-butchering, raping, black-face-wearing tripartite in Richmond. They should ALREADY be telling Virginians who the hell they are. They should ALREADY be campaigning and motivating the huge numbers of conservatives in Virginia who don't vote because they think, perhaps rightfully, that there is no one worth voting for.

But, as usual, these morons are resigned to being the permanent minority party. I mean, look at the "news section" from their own website.

https://virginia.gop/latest-news/

There is nothing there later that September 2019. Sep-fucking-tember. And they think they are a viable party? A turd shows more life than the RPV.

Look at their "Uncategorized" section of their announcements page.

https://virginia.gop/uncategorized/

Terry McAuliffe's farewell speech? Are you kidding me? That was in late 2017 or January 2018. We've had Northam as governor for a couple of years now.

How can Republicans hope to win when they have no life in them?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Now is the time to light the proverbial fire under their tails.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Now is the time to light the proverbial fire under their tails.

This point can't be over-emphasized!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
I'm going to toss out a few ideas for consideration.

1)- It would have been better for Virginia gun owners to have organized and planned prior to the election in hopes of preventing the outcome...but at least now, at this very moment, you are organizing and you are energized. NOW is the time to capitalize on that energy. Continue to organize, build on what you have going and bring in new members, and start making your plans.

2)- Recall elections. Admittedly, I know nothing about Virginia's laws regarding the recall of elected representatives, but this is the time for you to look at this option. It is too soon to begin the recall process, but at least look into it and decide if it is even legally possible and, if so, what the process entails. You would need to wait to see which, if any of the new laws would be enacted, and then decide which of the key sponsor's actions may warrant the expense and effort behind a recall effort. I worked on a recall effort in Colorado (the first recall in history after the law had been on the books for almost 100 years), and we were able to recall two State Senators responsible for some of the gun control laws enacted, and had a third one targeted before she preemptively resigned. To be fair, our more recent recall efforts failed, in large part because gun owners failed to support it and because, after the sting of the first set of successful recalls, the Democrats were prepared and had fund raising mechanisms in place specifically to thwart any anticipated recall effort by us.

Keep in mind there will be some resistance to the idea of recalls, even by some like-minded gun owners. I respect those who's views differ on this, but, depending on the specific circumstances surrounding how the legislation is passed, I believe that sometimes recalls are warranted.

3)- Legal challenges. Depending on whether any of the proposed gun legislation becomes law and how it is crafted, there will likely be law suits in opposition to the new laws.

4)- Fund Raising. Yes, this is about Constitutional rights and the infringement of them and not about money...only, money is exactly what you are going to need for recall efforts and legal defense funds. While your movement is gaining steam, now is the time to start fund raising. Try to enlist as many politicians (especially local ones) as well as your sheriffs and police chiefs that support your movement, ask them to speak at your fund raising events. See if there are any national and state level 2A group leaders willing to speak at the event. Also, see if there are any think tanks with Pro 2A experts who might be willing to speak. Talk to gun mfrs., local gun store owners, anyone in the gun/ammo/shooting industry who would either be willing to speak or hopefully even donate pro-2A items to the fund raising event. Then, either sell tickets to the event or make it a free event but sell raffle tickets for the donated items. T-shirts, baseball caps, bumper stickers, window decals, guns and gun related items...you guys know the drill. Maybe hold these fund raising events around the state, at least as you are able to get commitments.

Also, along the same vein...I believe that it is important for gun owners to break the stereotype we are frequently portrayed as by the media, as some sort of redneck cult that love guns to the exclusion of anything else. I'd suggest finding ways to put a better "face" on gun owners. Certainly we are committed to the Second Amendment and legal gun ownership...but we care about the people in our communities as well.

Consider holding some fund raisers to raise money for a worthy cause. Perhaps the local sports team needs money to attend a Summer training camp, maybe Children's hospital could use a donation, or maybe raise some money to send a local 4H group to a camp. Maybe even a local Pro-2A group adopts a stretch of highway and cleans it up, or serves meals at a shelter over the holidays, or donate some time to build a Habitat4humanity home or work at a local domestic abuse shelter.

5)- Rallies. Again, the public (and politicians) need to see that gun owners are both committed to the Second Amendment and legal gun ownership and that we are united in this, but that we are also reasonable members of our communities. Holding (peaceful) rallies with signs, banners, buttons, and speakers accomplishes this. Maybe hold one or more rallies a month in different parts of the state, and even meeting on the state capitol steps before key legislation votes. Coordinate your planned rallies with local TV or radio stations, or local news papers and try to get the word out about the planned rally date, location, time.

6)- Interact with your elected leaders and with the media. Let them know where you stand and ask them to support your position. If you have a local radio station host who supports your efforts try to enlist their help in discussing the proposed legislation and how it will affect Virginia residents. (I frequently call in or text local radio show hosts and email the media regarding the impacts of gun legislation). Contact your elected leaders by phone, email, or letter (post card). When the opportunity presents itself, make the time to appear at the public hearings and comments portion of legislative hearings, and if you are able to, make the time to testify at these hearings. The public needs to see that gun owners can make reasonable arguments as to why they support the Second Amendment and what impact(s) the proposed laws might have. Stay engaged!

Stay vigilant and be prepared for the likelihood (depending on state preemption laws) that some Virginia counties or cities will begin to enact gun control laws that mirror or even exceed whatever laws are passed at the state level.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mark Herring on Kojo Namdi show.

Listen to Blackface Bro Herring on Kojo Namdi show lie his ass off about the proposed gun laws. Says it will not affect currently owned guns. Says one gun a month saves lives (how?). Lies on what the proposals actually say.

I'm all for keeping our community safer, if any of these proposed laws would save lives I'd be for them, surprise, they won't save a single life, in fact the make Virginia a less safe place. How about making punishment for using guns in a crime a mandatory 10 years in jail. Possession by a felon, ten years mandatory. How about focusing laws on criminals instead of law abiding citizens. Zero criminals will turn in their guns if passed, he knows this, he knows that the only ones willing to dispose of their legally purchased guns will be the law abiding ones. In effect he's arming criminals and disarming good citizens. These laws would make a rush of back alley deals to get rid of guns before the law takes effect, with thousands and thousands of rushed transactions to beat the deadline and not be a felon. Hundreds or thousands of guns will be sold unknowingly to felons.

I own over $10k worth of potentially illegal guns. What is to stop me or any one from selling them to whoever will take them (for pennies on the dollar) to whoever has cash in hand. If you put hundreds of thousands of guns Into the market below market values, many will end up in criminals hands. In effect they should call the bill the Transfer Guns to Criminals Act.

Have some fucking balls Herring, be a man, if Beto can say hell yeah I'm coming for your guns you can too.

He then moves on to talk about how they were going to legalize pot. Ok so we want to make VA a sanctuary City for drugs and illegals, but sanctuary counties for the Bill of Rights are really scary things. Sure Marky, whatever you say man.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I won't bother wasting time with a dishonorable punk like Herring. He and his misguided and willfully ignorant fellow travelers in and out of government fail to recognize the original American trait - Defiance. It is particularly well developed in Virginia. Think of people like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, George Mason, John Marshall and Danial Morgan to name but a few. It is a very long list spanning centuries. We have a lot of defiant men and woman in Virginia still. It is in the DNA. Blackface punk also thinks they can ignore and overrule our unalienable right to self-defense with a vote in the legislature. That in itself would be funny as hell if it was not so dangerous to the public peace. No real Virginian will hand over any rifle to anyone who is an enemy of individual liberty and self-determination without a fight - which the punks will have to start.

If the government, federal, state and local, is not doing its primary job of protecting our unalienable rights, all of them, we free men and women have no reason to support it or its officers or agents - in any manner whatsoever. Making such punks the butt of jokes and well placed lawful actions, administratively and legally will be far more entertaining,, efficient and productive. "Peaceful Asymmetric Lawfare" has a nice ring to it I think.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post