SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'm going to caveat this a bit and say "I think" this is correct:

When looking at Virginia state offices , Daniel Gade got more votes than any other Republican in VA history.

Gade in 2020 : 1,934,199 votes

Northam (D) in 2017 : 1,405,041 (VA Governor)

Warner (D) in 2014 : 1,073,667 (VA U.S. senator)

McAuliffe (D) 2013 : 1,069,789 (VA Governor)

So even though the other people listed above are DEMs, they won so they got more votes than the REP candidate

A point I have whined about multiple times: third party candidates

2013 VA Governor race
McAuliffe (D) 1,069,789
Cuccinelli (R) 1,013,354
Robert Sarvis (L) 146,084

2014 VA senate race
Warner (D) 1,073,667
Gillespie (R) 1,055,940
Robert Sarvis (L) 53,102

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I realize the races you mentioned are apples and oranges, but a 1.9 million Gade vote vs a 1.4 million Ralph vote -- holy cow, I think that's tremendous!

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I really hope Gade stays in the fight.
I think he could have beaten Kaine if he was running for re-election. But that won’t happen for several years...

Maybe governor?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
disappointing

https://www.wavy.com/news/poli...etting-them-elected/

Former Republican Senate candidate Daniel Gade is — not running for Virginia governor after all.

Gade had teased a “major announcement” on social media over the weekend, leading to speculation he might step in to run in the Republican primary against State Senator Amanda Chase and former House Speaker Kirk Cox.

It turns out Gade has launched a political action committee focused on veterans issues and getting veterans, specifically conservative veterans, elected to public office. Gade, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, says New Mission PAC will “support veterans and other conservatives running for public office and to educate voters on veterans affairs.”

“I launched New Mission PAC to expand our efforts to serve America’s veterans by assisting leaders running for public office across the nation, Gade said on Twitter. “Today, less than 20% of Congress has served in the armed forces- a steadily declining number that is mirrored at the state level.”

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think they want to lock in Amanda Chase as the GOP nominee and not have any issues. . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Blacksburg has its eye on infringing just a bit further: https://tinyurl.com/y6b5col9

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Looks like Blacksburg has its eye on infringing just a bit further: https://tinyurl.com/y6b5col9

Typical libtard response. Punish the law abiding to assure the non-law abiding get away with their agenda.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia GOP party to hold nominating convention for primary, sparking 'dumpster fire' backlash

https://justthenews.com/politi...ry-sparking-dumpster

The Virginia Republican Party has decided to hold a nominating convention instead of a primary to select statewide candidates for next year’s election – prompting outgoing GOP Rep. Denver Riggleman to call the state party a “raging dumpster fire.”

State party officials during an online meeting Saturday voted in favor of the nomination process.

The decision has also prompted state Sen. Amanda Chase, to say she’ll run as an independent.

“Over the past decade, I’ve seen too many of our grassroots candidates get cheated by the Republican establishment elite and political consultants who control these Republican Conventions and I refuse to be another casualty,” Chase, who has strongly supported President Trump’s efforts to uncover Nov. 3 voter fraud, posted Saturday on Facebook.

The other major GOP candidate to so far declare a run for governor is Kirk Cox, a state delegate and a former Virginia House speaker.

Riggleman, who has criticized fellow Republican for supporting President Trump’s efforts to uncover voter fraud, is also considering a gubernatorial run as an independent, according to The Washington Post.

The first-term congressman lost his seat in June when defeated in a party primary by a more conservative challenger.

He made the “dumpster fire” comment this past weekend in a Twitter post.

Chase also has been critical of Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam’s order in June to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Richmond.

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Yep, the GOP is now dead here in VA. Nothing more than a mechanism for party leaders to place their anointed ones into positions of power. They will continue to choose shitty candidates and will further alienate voters.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Yep, the GOP is now dead here in VA. Nothing more than a mechanism for party leaders to place their anointed ones into positions of power. They will continue to choose shitty candidates and will further alienate voters.

I am not too fond of the GOP. Unfortunately voting for anybody other than the GOP candidate just insures a Dem. victory. Staying home has the same effect. The best thing to do is try to work within the GOP to get good candidates. If that doesn't work, figure out which GOP candidate you like best and work for that candidate. We are in a struggle for our way of life and we need to do everything we can to defeat every Dem. candidate at any and every level. Even if your very best friend is running for dog catcher as a Dem., you need to do every thing you can to defeat him.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
I am not too fond of the GOP. Unfortunately voting for anybody other than the GOP candidate just insures a Dem. victory.

I just find it disheartening when our party leaders get to unilaterally choose whom I get to vote for. This is why we have RINO's and how they continue to keep the power they have.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well something needs to be done

Earlier this morning over breakfast I read that Democrat Terry McAuliffe is running for Governor again.

This is the same person who mixed business-friendly politics with liberal social policies.

There was another article:
Former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe speaks during a campaign event for President-elect Joe Biden in Norfolk, Virginia.

I saw this on google and it is from his twit account.
Terry McAuliffe
@TerryMcAuliffe
.@C_Herring
, @SenLouiseLucas
and @LevarStoney
— your faith in me means more than you’ll ever know. I will never let you down and we will go BIG. Couldn’t ask to be in the foxhole with a better crew

Well if the R's don't get a stronger candidate we will have four more years of Northam or this twit.

It irritates me that the R's don't put up more of a fight.
It doesn't help my rage and resentment when I go to Barnes and Noble to buy my birthday present and what do I see?

This months edition of the Civil War Monitor with one of the statues from Monument avenue covered in graffiti and BLM slogans. All this happened under these twits watch.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McAuliffe announces run for Virginia governor

https://wcyb.com/news/local/mc...or-virginia-governor

Former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe wants his old job back.

The Democrat formally kicked off his campaign for a second term Wednesday in Richmond with the slogan "Think Big. Be Bold."

McAuliffe left office in January 2018. Virginia law prohibits governors from serving back-to-back terms.

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
McAuliffe left office in January 2018.

Darn shame the carpetbagger couldn't see fit to leave Virginia then, too.

God bless America.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

guessing Biden did not find a spot for him,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:

guessing Biden did not find a spot for him,

The corrupt Dems love the power high. They want the power until they crumble to dust.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
McAuliffe announces run for Virginia governor

https://wcyb.com/news/local/mc...or-virginia-governor

Former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe wants his old job back.

The Democrat formally kicked off his campaign for a second term Wednesday in Richmond with the slogan "Think Big. Be Bold."

McAuliffe left office in January 2018. Virginia law prohibits governors from serving back-to-back terms.

My God, I hate that man, between him and Kaine they top my list of local politicians I hate. Though fight too since our local BoS chair is close to the devil and we also feature the Trump flicker offer bike rider on our BoS too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a person could get nervous

Biden - China

From 2016 :

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/0...e-wang-wenliang.html

Four years ago (2012), one of China’s largest agricultural importers sent representatives to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., hoping that meetings with elite party officials might yield business opportunities.

The meetings, arranged by a former South Carolina governor, marked a period of expansion in the United States for Dandong and its affiliated companies, involving negotiations with officials in Washington, Arkansas, South Carolina and Virginia.

But now, the company’s widening influence is coming under scrutiny by federal prosecutors, who are examining the relationship between Dandong’s wealthy and connected chairman, Wang Wenliang, and Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia, a Democrat who was elected in 2013.

A federal law enforcement official said the inquiry included $120,000 in contributions that a New Jersey construction firm controlled by Mr. Wang made to Mr. McAuliffe’s 2013 campaign and inaugural committee

Though Mr. Wang is a Chinese citizen, he is also a legal permanent resident of the United States, according to a spokeswoman for him, which entitles him to make campaign contributions.

The inquiry was first reported on Monday by CNN, which said that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department’s public integrity unit were involved in the review. The inquiry also encompasses Mr. McAuliffe’s role as a board member of the Clinton Foundation, to which another company linked to Mr. Wang pledged a $2 million contribution in 2013. The foundation has raised millions of dollars from companies and wealthy individuals overseas as well as from foreign governments.

McAuliffe - China

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sdy

Thanks for posting that.

Wonder what Northam's angle is?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to search for it, but recently I saw an article regarding the Biden family connections that they listed to help sell themselves to the CCP; McAuliffe was one of them. May the truth be told about it. This could have been on a Twitter feed though. He helped open the coffers in China for the Clintons and the DNC back when.

I'll also admit that I too had hoped that Mr. Gade would toss his hat into the ring for the Governorship, but we shall see what happens in the next few months.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post