SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
While we're at it, how about we register all non-gun owners and list them in the paper, with their addresses listed. So the neighbors can know how safe they are. They seem to not mind doing the same for gun owners.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Legislator in Vermont tried that a few years ago... proposed that anyone wishing to not have a gun in their home had to apply and pay for a permit...

I still think this Virgina thing is a bunch of hoopla that will go no where... iF the idiotS in power wanted to do anything to take their citizens guns away then they need to deal with this FIRST:

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power."

Now that I've read that several times I realize the the state government should be required to train all citizens in safe and proper gun handling...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
VA went for the Hildabeast in 2016. Given that the entire cadre of gun owners / 2A supporters are going to be fully activated going into 2020, this state level brouhaha could have national implications.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Can you imagine the energy that will exist when Trump has a rally in Virginia?? I bet it's gonna be AWESOME!!!

KAG 2020

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I still think this Virgina thing is a bunch of hoopla that will go no where...

I'd like to think that, but the Dems have both houses next year. It's going to be a hard fight.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I still think this Virgina thing is a bunch of hoopla that will go no where...

I'd like to think that, but the Dems have both houses next year. It's going to be a hard fight.

Don't forget redistricting...

If we don't win this now, it's not going to be fixed in two years.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
From the BBC..this is happening in NZ the 21st.
The Democrats and anti-gun crowd would like this to happen here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/wo...style-guns-after-ban

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
ROANOKE, Va (WDBJ7) From Bedford to Botetourt, Second Amendment Sanctuaries have been popping up across Virginia. The resolutions are largely symbolic, designed to send a message to the state government.

But Eric Tirschwell worries the Sanctuaries could do some real world harm.

"These resolutions are nothing more than an attempt to short-circuit the Democratic process," he said.

Tirschwell is Managing Director of Litigation and National Enforcement Policy at Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun control advocacy group. He says he's sounding the alarm now because of the rapid spread of the sanctuaries across Virginia and beyond.

"If these folks actually follow through on what at this point is really just a threat to not enforce laws, that's where I think the real danger will reveal itself," he said.

Tirschwell argues the resolutions are problematic for a number of reasons, most importantly, he says, because they put lives at risk.

"These resolutions could have, and threaten to have, a chilling effect on people who might otherwise use, or take advantage of gun safety laws to try to prevent harm, like a suicide, a homicide or even a mass shooting," he said.

However, gun rights organizers say Tirshwell and other critics are missing the message.

In statements to city and county governments across our region, citizens have argued that the resolutions are about making the Governor and House of Delegates pay attention. "Because we don't have a voice at the state level. We only have a voice at the local level," said one man at a Pulaski Board of Supervisors meeting.

Supporters also say the movement is chiefly about standing up for Constitutional rights.

"Don't let Botetourt County be culpable in the death of liberties and freedoms," said another man to the Botetourt County Board of Supervisors.

Tirschwell takes issue with that, noting that laws frequently decried by gun rights activists, like expanded background checks and so-called red flag laws, have been upheld in the courts.

"These officials aren't quote-unquote defending the Constitution, as they like to say. They're really threatening to defy it, and to substitute their own personal views of what's constitutional," he said.

Tirschwell says, for now, any threat posed by the resolutions is purely theoretical. However, he warns any officials who try to use the resolutions to defy state gun control laws could have a rude wakening.

"I wouldn't suggest betting on them," he said.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Everytown for Gun Confiscation and all the limp wristed commie chuckleheads like that clown can pucker up and kiss my entire ass.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
"Because sanctuaries put lives at risk."

Interesting. Since when do democrats care about safety.

We have a governor that is openly racist and supports the killing of unwanted children AFTER birth. An attorney general that's the same. And a Lt Governor who is credibly accused of rape and sexual assault - a physical threat to women around him.

Our Governor pardons dangerous criminals. Our Governor support easing of drug laws, and legalizing marijuana even though in Virginia most marijuana comes from Mexico, no doubt through the cartels. All three of the tripartite supports releasing from jail/prison more people convicted of of drug crimes, and not prosecuting many drug crimes. Our governor supports eliminating vehicle inspections.

And the democrats care about safety?

Democrats have put this country in danger.

I created this bumper sticker. I'm going to see if I can get some printed.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Give me five minutes on a debate stage with this asshole. I could destroy any arguments he made. These assholes know not one life will be saved by these laws. I was quite literally filled with rage as read that article.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Give me five minutes on a debate stage with this asshole. I could destroy any arguments he made. These assholes know not one life will be saved by these laws. I was quite literally filled with rage as read that article.

I was mad too, reading it, which is why I posted it here. I wanted forum members to see what is presented to those groups of people that are ignorant and would chose to believe his lies.

美しい犬

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
"Threat to Democracy"

Seems what a lot of folks totally miss is the reason for a bill of rights whether it is the federal or state's is because they supersede laws and what the majority of the people's representatives may think is popular at the moment.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

What can I do to help arrange that?
The nation needs to see these jokers get their goofy claims torn apart in short order.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If any new laws do get passed, im hoping that we can take a page out of the democrats playbook and get them tied up in the courts. At least long enough till we can vote these assholes out in 2 years.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
"Because sanctuaries put lives at risk."

Interesting. Since when do democrats care about safety.

We have a governor that is openly racist and supports the killing of unwanted children AFTER birth. An attorney general that's the same. And a Lt Governor who is credibly accused of rape and sexual assault - a physical threat to women around him.

Our Governor pardons dangerous criminals. Our Governor support easing of drug laws, and legalizing marijuana even though in Virginia most marijuana comes from Mexico, no doubt through the cartels. All three of the tripartite supports releasing from jail/prison more people convicted of of drug crimes, and not prosecuting many drug crimes. Our governor supports eliminating vehicle inspections.

And the democrats care about safety?

Democrats have put this country in danger.

I created this bumper sticker. I'm going to see if I can get some printed.

Try these guys-

https://www.stickermule.com/products/bumper-stickers

I just made and ordered some of these, although they are without color.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:

"These resolutions are nothing more than an attempt to short-circuit the Democratic process," he said.

Eric is obviously confused and ill-educated. Democracy has nothing to do with any of this. As I think most on this forum recognize, the danger is from authoritarians like him who attack our inherent rights. We have a duty to protect those rights for ourselves and our posterity.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
https://www.oag.state.va.us/fi...059-Jones-issued.pdf

Attorney General Mark Herring, in advisory opinion, says 'Second Amendment Sanctuaries' have 'no legal effect'

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Showing Mark, Ralphie, and Justin a rude hand gesture has no "legal effect," either, but it sure sends a message.

The bulk of the state saying "we don't want this" should send the three stooges a message.

The problem is, it's not the "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full" message they expect to hear.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aesposita:
If any new laws do get passed, im hoping that we can take a page out of the democrats playbook and get them tied up in the courts. At least long enough till we can vote these assholes out in 2 years.

I agree with you. However getting a law off the books is pretty hard. Especially if you count on Republicans. I am still waiting for them to repeal Obamacare. In the Contract with America, they promised to repeal Clinton's assault weapons ban. If the ban had not had a sunset provision, we might still have it.

I will be in Richmond on Jan.20 and I think every member of this forum that lives in VA. should be there also.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
https://www.oag.state.va.us/fi...059-Jones-issued.pdf

Attorney General Mark Herring, in advisory opinion, says 'Second Amendment Sanctuaries' have 'no legal effect'

Lying SOB says 10,000 gun deaths from 07-17.

If you look on pg 231&232 of the report listed in foot note you can find that 65% of gun deaths were suicide. So there goes 6,500 from the gun violence.

Year by year gun homicide:

2007 - 325
2008 - 264
2009 - 287
2010 - 280
2011 - 242
2012 - 236
2013 - 244
2014 - 254
2015 - 286
2016 - 374
2017 - 353

Total - 3,145

Avg - 286

He inflated the number by more than THREE TIMES the actual number.

These are the types of lies we have to fight. If you look further at were the homicides occurred, they are in just a handful of places in the state. Yet they want to put the lives and safety of 8,500,000 Virginians at stake for less than 300 deaths per year with laws that will save zero lives and prevent zero prohibited persons from acquiring guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis