SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
To our knowledge there are no credible threats of violence. That being said, please practice appropriate situational awareness. IF YOU SEE A BAD ACTOR flag down a police officer and point it out. If someone tries to provoke you, smile and walk away. There is probably someone secretly recording the interaction, with the intent of capturing some kind of inappropriate reaction on your part. Don't take the bait. It's not worth the bad press. Again, you might want to notify law enforcement of such bad actors.

This is the purpose of the Governor, to paint lawful peaceful gun owners as radical, foaming at the mouth and ready to shoot.

Northam isn't doing this out of fear, he's doing it to impugn gun owners and to try and disparage others from supporting them.

The inference is that gun owners are problematic and prone to violence ergo the laws need to be passed.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
You know your doing something wrong when a pastor is considering supporting civil disobedience...

hehe, Jerry Jr. really does not like being called a pastor (folk do it all the time on Twitter) he is a lawyer, and now the president of the university. And frankly, he is not very good in a public speaking situation.

Why lynchburg decided to clearly ignore the will of the residents who were in attendance is beyond me. I guess they must answer to the Bloomburg.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have several quotes in my personal e-mail signature line. I often-times don't even "see it" because it's been there for so many years...I just look past it most every time I send an e-mail. But just now, it caught my eye and made me think of this thread...

"Where you find the laws most numerous, there you will find also the greatest injustice" - Arcesilaus (316-241 BC)

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why lynchburg decided to clearly ignore the will of the residents who were in attendance is beyond me. I guess they must answer to the Bloomburg.

It's not about the residents of VA's desires, it's about one sides agenda to push back against the NRA and Gun owners to see if there really is any political power, and if possible to end their power in political circles.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm going to start calling Governor Ralph Northam "Governor Sheev Palpatine" instead from now on. Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I can't afford to fly out there, but all of you going will be in my thoughts. Good luck and Godspeed.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
"...proves that you are... the leading... asshole in the state!"

I live in Texas and will join VCDL. I will buy a friend membership too if he lets me.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That image is perfect meme material! Dems are hypocrites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I'm almost convinced that King Ralph is trying to incite violence in order to get public support for his gun bans and confiscation.

Right now he has no public support for this stuff and may be trying to push to get someone to take a shot, etc... hoping to get support.

I hope not, but it's sure seems that way.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That image is perfect meme material! Dems are hypocrites.

When y'all get there tell them to please remove that medieval barrier.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
GOA is suing Ralphie over his emergency order but it likely won’t get resolved in time for Lobby day.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
RICHMOND, Va. – A lawsuit has been filed challenging Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s executive order to temporarily ban all weapons, including guns, from Capitol Square ahead of a pro-gun rally on Lobby Day, according to a spokesperson for the Office of the Attorney General.

A hearing is scheduled for 1:30 Thursday afternoon in Richmond Circuit Court.

CBS 6 is working to learn who filed the lawsuit.

Since Northam’s announcement Wednesday, pro-gun groups, including the Virginia Citizens Defense League, called the governor’s weapons ban illegal. VCDL said its legal team was looking into its options.

Northam cited credible threats of violence as the reason for the emergency ban.

https://wtvr.com/2020/01/16/la...from-capitol-square/

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
This one may help ensure the ban stays in place.

https://wtvr.com/2020/01/16/3-...ginia-pro-gun-rally/

RICHMOND, Va. -- Three members of a white supremacist group were arrested by the FBI early Thursday morning in Delaware and Maryland, according to Dave Fitz, a spokesman for the FBI’s Baltimore field office.

The three men were members of a neo-Nazi group known as The Base, which describes itself as an international network that is training its members to fight in a race war, according to the Counter Extremism Project.

A law enforcement official tells CNN that they believe men were planning to attend a pro-gun rally in Richmond on Monday.

he men have been identified as 33-year-old Brian Mark Lemley Jr., William 19-year-old Garfield Bilbrough IV, and 27-year-old Patrik Jordan Mathews.

They have been charged with multiple firearms and immigration-related offenses and are expected to appear in a Maryland federal court later Thursday.

Lemley Jr is accused of transporting a machine gun, as well as transporting a firearm and ammunition with intent to commit a felony, according to court documents.

Lemley and Bilbrough are also accused of transporting and harboring Mathews who a Canadian citizen, a former combat engineer in the Canadian Army Reserve, who is accused of illegally crossing into the US from Canada in August.

Mathews has been charged with transporting a firearm and ammunition with intent to commit a felony and being an alien in possession of a firearm and ammunition.

CNN reports that Lemley and Matthews allegedly purchased more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition earlier this month, and practiced using the assault rifle at a gun range in Maryland, where FBI agents had set up a hidden camera to secretly record them as they practiced shooting, according to a criminal complaint.

The arrested come after Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam declared a temporary emergency ban on all weapons, including guns, from Capitol Square Friday through Tuesday ahead of the massive gun rights rally.

"We have received credible intelligence from our law enforcement agencies of threats of violence surrounding the demonstration planned for Monday," Northam said during a Wednesday news conference. "This includes extremist rhetoric similar to what has been seen before major incidents, such as Charlottesville in 2017."

Northam said militia and hate groups, some from out of state, plan to come to Virginia's Capitol to "disrupt our democratic process with acts of violence."

Examples, according to Northam, include "threats of storming our Capitol," weaponizing drones over Capitol Square and individuals conducting surveillance operations on Capitol entrances and exits.

Northam stressed the ban was temporary and will end when the state of emergency ends.

― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
This one may help ensure the ban stays in place.

"We have received credible intelligence from our law enforcement agencies of threats of violence surrounding the Demonstration planned for Monday," Northam said during a Wednesday news conference. "This includes extremist rhetoric similar to what has been seen before major incidents, such as Charlottesville in 2017."

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
In the link posted by DSgrouse can be found the following posted Virginia Senate Bills:

* SB 399 - Virginia's electoral college votes to be awarded to the winner of the national popular vote.
* SJ 29 - The governor to be elected by majority of votes in congressional districts, not by statewide majority.
* SJ 14 - Restores voting rights to convicted felons.
* SJ 8 - Allows Felons and those declared mentally incompetent to vote.
* SB 65 - Eliminates photo ID requirement for voting.
* SJ 6 - Increases the term limit of the governor from 4 to 8 years.

If anyone doubts the goal of the Left is absolute power and absolute control, this should be strong evidence.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Northam stressed the ban was temporary and will end when the state of emergency ends.
The "emergency" would end immediately if the VA Democrats would just stop pushing anti-gun legislation on the citizenry who don't want it.

BRW, I note that some folks have been saying that a new civil war is pending. I wouldn't call it a civil war, but a revolt.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Manufactured crisis....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OFFS, Northam is just working this up because he is a fucking scaredy cat.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thank You GOA and VCDL!

Injunction against Ralpie. Stuff it CLOWN!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post