SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The dems are trying to increase the number of signatures needed to file a recall petition, for elected officials, from 10% to 25%.
House Bill 842

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
The dems are trying to increase the number of signatures needed to file a recall petition, for elected officials, from 10% to 25%.

Change the rules while in play... Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

This will make recall almost impossible:

The bill also increases the required number of signatures to a number of registered voters in the locality equal to 25 percent, up from 10 percent, of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office, and requires the signatures to be collected within a 60-day period.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

This will make recall almost impossible:

The bill also increases the required number of signatures to a number of registered voters in the locality equal to 25 percent, up from 10 percent, of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office, and requires the signatures to be collected within a 60-day period.

Just show me where to sign and how many times I need to sign. Fight fire with fire...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
House Bill 842

I feel I must confess; that's my delegate (who's not responded to my e-mail last week) that is the sponsor of this turd.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
They've called our bluff. We're not 'peaceful' citizens capable of great harm when needed, we are instead 'harmless' subjects of Democrat-party rule, not really capable of or willing to do any harm whatsoever.

Our bluff has been called and we are now exposed as harmless, spineless, nutless wonders. All that we've ever tried to project as strong, capable citizens willing to defend our rights is but one big monumental joke. We're nothing of that sort - it's but fantasy and these new laws prove it. The Dems have won...because we're afraid of being arrested, losing our jobs, and family, etc. - not willing to sacrifice anything at all. Our ancestors (some of them recently alive) gave/sacrificed all for WWII and those type of people were citizens. Not us, we're mere subjects of Democrat-party rule.

Nothing is law yet, there are some bills that have left committee. The war is far from over.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
quote:
House Bill 842

I feel I must confess; that's my delegate (who's not responded to my e-mail last week) that is the sponsor of this turd.

Then how many signatures are needed under current law to initiate a recall for him?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then how many signatures are needed under current law to initiate a recall for him?

10 percent of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Once tyrants gain power it’s almost impossible to take it away from them

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
2017 VA Gov election

Northam(D) 1,409,175
Gillespie(R) 1,175,731
Hyra(L) 27,987
write in 1389

total votes 2,614,282

10% = 261,428

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
2017 VA Gov election

Northam(D) 1,409,175
Gillespie(R) 1,175,731
Hyra(L) 27,987
write in 1389

total votes 2,614,282

10% = 261,428

One final complexity as I understand it, is that the signatures need to come from each of the counties. We cant just get 270k signatures from hanover county.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I did not see the requirement for min signatures from each county. I may be wrong

current law:

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_g...g_recall_in_Virginia

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/v...2/section24.2-684.1/

note the current gives 9 months to circulate the petition. now DEMs want 60 days

current law appears to say the

The petition for recall must be signed by at least 10% of the number of people who voted in the last election for the office being recalled.[2] The petition must also detail the reasons for removal.[4]

Further applicable petition requirement for local recall efforts may be found in § 24.2-684.1. Potential petitioner should check with their local authorities for the most current and applicable regulations.

(deleted some stuff I really didn't understand0

If the court or authority finds that the filed petitions are valid and sufficient under law, it shall proceed, as provided by law, to order or call for the referendum election.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Of course we want Northam gone but I meant the filthy animal that filed the bill, Krizek.

Looks like district 44 needs 1,941 signatures to send a message.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the court or authority finds that the filed petitions are valid and sufficient under law, it shall proceed, as provided by law, to order or call for the referendum election.

If I were you guys I'd be circulating those petitions ASAP. This will have far more effect than standing outside the Capitol with signs.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I did not see the requirement for min signatures from each county. I may be wrong

current law:

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_g...g_recall_in_Virginia

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/v...2/section24.2-684.1/

note the current gives 9 months to circulate the petition. now DEMs want 60 days

current law appears to say the

The number of voters registered on January 1 of the year of the certification by the clerk of the circuit court pursuant to subdivision 1 shall be the basis for determining the number of signatures required on the petition in all cases in which the law authorizing the referendum provides that the number of signatures required for the petition is a percentage of the number of registered voters.

I am going off one of the tim anderson videos. He out lined recaling the gov when he started the saslaw recall. For those that say recall, recall. Saslaw will require 4k signatures from his district if i remember correctly. Which is an estimated 20k in cash. There are specific rules to follow in getting the signatures, so that they can be presented as evidence, or fact in court.

I know that is a really bad paraphrasing. but, it is not like you can get a legal pad and have every tom dick and harry sign it and expect a judge to accept it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes the petition process is quite formal.

I am campaigning for Daniel Gade for U.S. senator for Virginia.

There are three big steps to get there

1 . Get 10,000 petition signatures for Gade to be on the Rep primary ballot

10,000 by 26 Mar 2020

If we don't get that, he is not on the ballot for REP primary in June 2020

2 . Win the REP primary for the senate seat

3 . Defeat Mark Warner in the general election in Nov 2020. Mark Warner - the richest senator in the entire senate

In the petition process, we need 400 signatures from each of the 11 VA congressional districts.

Then on top of that, we need another 5600 signatures collected from anywhere in the state.

As a signature collector, I must witness each signature. Each petition has space for 12 signatures. Once they are filled in, I have to swear to a notary public that I did witness each signature.

That means we need at least 835 petitions to reach 10,000. Actually we will need more than that because some signatures will be considered not valid for a variety of reasons. Only registered VA voters can sign the petition. Each petition must be notarized.

Now here is something that has been motivating me:

https://gadeforvirginia.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...PtM&feature=youtu.be

If Daniel Gade achieves this incredibly difficult task, he will hold the highest office in Virginia filled by a Republican.

We are all frustrated w a leaderless, low key VA REP party. Where are the VA REP leaders right now ? Utter silence.

How would you like to have Gade be the spiritual leader of the VA REP party ?

Would people rally to him? You need that leader who inspires.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a signature collector, I must witness each signature. Each petition has space for 12 signatures. Once they are filled in, I have to swear to a notary public that I did witness each signature.

That means we need at least 835 petitions to reach 10,000. Actually we will need more than that because some signatures will be considered not valid for a variety of reasons. Only registered VA voters can sign the petition. Each petition must be notarized.

You could also carry with you recall petitions as well. Ask people to sign after they sign the Gade petition.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
That is a hill to climb.

I like gade, I also like Omari.
https://www.facebook.com/Omari...eos/416912392571038/
https://www.facebook.com/OmariForVirginia/
https://www.omariforvirginia.com/

I don't think we could go wrong with either.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
As Virginia Escalates Gun Control, The NRA Steps In And Is Handing Out Free 30 Round Magazines According To Statement Just Released

Posted By: Dean James January 13, 2020

NRA handing out 30-round magazines in Virginia as part of fight against Democrat gun control

There’s a showdown coming over gun rights in Virginia…

By Jon Dougherty

(TNS) As part of its efforts to beat back or otherwise circumvent a bevy of new gun control measures being proposed by majority Democrats in Virginia, the National Rifle Associated has come up with a novel approach.

The gun rights group plans to hand out 1,000 30-round magazines to Virginians on Monday as Second Amendment advocates gather for their annual gun lobbying effort in the capital of Richmond.

The magazines are compliments of Magpul Industries — a renowned magazine and firearm accessory maker.

EMERGENCY AIRLIFT: @Magpul_HQ sent us 1,000 30 Round PMAGs to hand out tomorrow in Richmond to NRA members who show up to fight Northam’s extreme gun ban!

We’ll see everyone TOMORROW at the General Assembly Building in Senate Sub-Committee Room #1 on the 5th Floor at 8am!

Monday is the day that the NRA asked Second Amendment advocates to flood the Senate and Assembly offices of lawmakers in an effort to overwhelm gun control voices.

Breitbart’s Awr Hawkins notes:

Democrats in the Virginia legislature have already put forward a number of bills, one of which is Delegate Mark Levine’s (D) HB 961.

Levine’s bill bans “assault weapons,” “high-capacity” magazines, certain triggers, and suppressors, among other things. The bill puts forward a means by which “assault weapon” owners can apply for a license to retain their gun, but the trade-off is that their names are entered into a database.

Owners of “high-capacity” magazines, certain triggers, and suppressors, will have a grace period to get rid of the accessories/devices, after which they will face felony charges for possessing them.

We reported on New Year’s Day that the NRA warned the first few weeks of the year were vital in stopping a rush by Democrats to destroy gun rights in a state that has long enjoyed them:

Law-abiding gun owners throughout the Commonwealth must continue to join together to fight against gun bans, gun rationing, and confiscation this January in Richmond. Your NRA has events planned for the early, critical days of the 2020 legislative session.

The first hearing of the Senate Courts of Justice Committee is January 13th, where lawmakers could hear the first slate of bills to restrict our freedom into oblivion. It’s critical that law-abiding gun owners are heard on this day, because waiting even one week to make our voices heard, whether individually or at an organized event, will simply be too late.

Anti-gun zealot Gov. Northam wants the entire package of gun control bills fast-tracked for passage in the first week of the short session. We must defend freedom at the very first hearing on the 13th and show the new bought and paid for anti-gun majority that our rights are not for sale – to Bloomberg or anyone else.

In response to the raft of gun control legislation Democrats are preparing, most jurisdictions in the state have declared themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries,” meaning local officials will not assist state authorities in enforcing new gun ordinances they believe are unconstitutional.

Democrats don’t like that, of course, and the state AG, Mark Herring, has declared such sanctuaries to be ‘null and void’ — but of course, he hasn’t taken a similar stand against the state’s sanctuaries for illegal aliens, so the gun rights folks aren’t paying his hypocrisy much heed.

There’s a showdown coming in Virginia over gun rights. We can just sense it.

https://rightwingtribune.com/2...13/the-nra-steps-in/

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post