SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
This is part of the problem. Loudoun County, VA., which is now one of the few holdouts from the "2A sanctuary" movement. Has little to no active resistance to this encroaching tyranny. Take a look at this: Loudoun County GOP.

For those who don't click, I'll post the "big reveal:" The web site hasn't been updated since November, 2019.

The battle we face is not against the Dems. No, the battle we face is against the Virginia GOP. Between RINO's and NeverTrumpers, we are truly screwed. They will only fund campaigns that are RINO-NT (my term). That is why there were unfunded campaigns and others that went uncontested. To these RINO-NT they will just stick to there righteous indignation and weather the storm they created. A truly "take my ball and refuse to play" moment on a grand scale.
However, there is a movement. Here locally I am getting behind Bob Goode, he is a great guy and will be a worthy candidate. I am also getting involved in the GOP, no more just sitting back and voting and donating. F the RINO-NT group in the GOP, We need to take back the Commonwealth. And there is only one way that will happen.

"Do you hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry men"

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
quote:
This is part of the problem. Loudoun County, VA., which is now one of the few holdouts from the "2A sanctuary" movement. Has little to no active resistance to this encroaching tyranny. Take a look at this: Loudoun County GOP.

For those who don't click, I'll post the "big reveal:" The web site hasn't been updated since November, 2019.

The battle we face is not against the Dems. No, the battle we face is against the Virginia GOP. Between RINO's and NeverTrumpers, we are truly screwed. They will only fund campaigns that are RINO-NT (my term). That is why there were unfunded campaigns and others that went uncontested. To these RINO-NT they will just stick to there righteous indignation and weather the storm they created. A truly "take my ball and refuse to play" moment on a grand scale.
However, there is a movement. Here locally I am getting behind Bob Goode, he is a great guy and will be a worthy candidate. I am also getting involved in the GOP, no more just sitting back and voting and donating. F the RINO-NT group in the GOP, We need to take back the Commonwealth. And there is only one way that will happen.

"Do you hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry men"

very true statement,

the VA GOP appears to be unified, on the surface, however it seems there are several factions, and from what little bit I have read here and there the VA GOP factions would rather stand around and piss on each others boots than find and support good candidates,

I'll also add, (and surely it has been mentioned in the past 67 pages) Voter Apathy,

and Gun Owners,

we can be our own enemy,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Redstone you’re absolutely right. They couldn’t find someone better than Gillespie to run against Ralphie? And then when they do go outside the establishment they pick a candidate like Corey Stewart?! WTF?!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to the town hall in Alexandria. I used to live about half a mile from the location, bailed out in the late '90s. It was deep blue then, only one R on the City Council, etc.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Redstone you’re absolutely right. They couldn’t find someone better than Gillespie to run against Ralphie? And then when they do go outside the establishment they pick a candidate like Corey Stewart?! WTF?!

It's time to light a proper fire underneath the Virginia GOP.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Loudon county was taken over by Maryland "refugees" some time ago. Along with a couple other counties up here in N. Virginia.

They screwed up Maryland to the point they could not stand it, moved across the border and promptly recreated what they ran away from.

Sadly it is leaking into Prince William county as well.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

It's time to light a proper fire underneath the Virginia GOP.

I attended a county GOP meeting the other night, this was a big part of the meeting discussion. There are pushes to change the leadership at the. State level.

Get involved, go to the county meetings, work to be a delegate at the state conventions and change the state committee to what we need it to be.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
county GOP meeting

Sheesh. A trip to Virginia.gop (the Republican Party of Virginia's site) yields a list of contacts for individual counties ( here). Very disappointingly, a click on my county's link brings me a great big "Nothing found" banner. Roll Eyes

There is, however, an email address listed on that page as well. I've sent a message; we'll see what I get in return.

- - - - - -

ETA: The links for the two counties nearest me also bring defunct pages. Good grief.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
county GOP meeting

Sheesh. A trip to Virginia.gop (the Republican Party of Virginia's site) yields a list of contacts for individual counties ( here). Very disappointingly, a click on my county's link brings me a great big "Nothing found" banner. Roll Eyes

There is, however, an email address listed on that page as well. I've sent a message; we'll see what I get in return.

- - - - - -

ETA: The links for the two counties nearest me also bring defunct pages. Good grief.

Louisa (my county) and Rappahannock (my dad and brothers) are both a no go. Seems that the Grand ol' Party ain't too keen on supporting us.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
quote:
county GOP meeting

- - - - - -

Louisa (my county) and Rappahannock (my dad and brothers) are both a no go. Seems that the Grand ol' Party ain't too keen on supporting us.

I guess I should join the Hanover GOP party. Since I know Daryl Carr, John Dixon.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I too went to

https://virginia.gop/find-your-local-gop/

I tried for every REP website (all 125 of them)

no actual web site at the link for 73 of the 125 .

Several responses to the link were email addresses.

From a small sample, it appears the chairman name and chairman emails are correct.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
So far, there's no response to the email I sent. It's the weekend, so I'll hold out for a bit before saying anything too negative.

Yet.

- - - - - - -

Holy smokes did the MSM trash Rally Day as a supremacist/extremist event! Eek Mad

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tYPB5Sd7YOQ

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
The town hall in Alexandria was what I anticipated; lots of Dems, about 25 Guns Save Lives decals, something like 5 MDA shirts but the audience was definitely Dem. majority. The bills reportedly will go to the Senate for debate, and possible changes (saying prayers). We all had a few issues in common though; like traffic in NoVA.

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
The town hall in Alexandria was what I anticipated; lots of Dems, about 25 Guns Save Lives decals, something like 5 MDA shirts but the audience was definitely Dem. majority. The bills reportedly will go to the Senate for debate, and possible changes (saying prayers). We all had a few issues in common though; like traffic in NoVA.

I got there at the end. There was an older(70-80) lady in the hall leaving the auditorium literally loudly exclaiming “guns scare me” in a shrill squeaking voice.

Can you describe Levine’s answer to someone asking him the difference between a rifle and an assault weapon? I heard it was face palm inducing.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:
quote:
county GOP meeting

- - - - - -

I guess I should join the Hanover GOP party. Since I know Daryl Carr, John Dixon.

Next meeting is Feb. 13th at 7 PM. If I’m in town, I’ll be there. Wink

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
quote:

I got there at the end. There was an older(70-80) lady in the hall leaving the auditorium literally loudly exclaiming “guns scare me” in a shrill squeaking voice.

Can you describe Levine’s answer to someone asking him the difference between a rifle and an assault weapon? I heard it was face palm inducing.

Yes, I'd say so. Basically he tried to say hunting rifles you held to your shoulder like so (badly) and assault weapons he mimicked likened firing from the hip (maybe he watched Vic Morrow on "Combat") and going left to right, right to left to take down an advancing army. Oh, and he also repeated the Joe Biden philosophy more or less for defense, you just need a shotgun, get a shotgun...a few seconds later he included handguns. FWIW, he's not my delegate at least.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:
quote:
county GOP meeting

- - - - - -

Next meeting is Feb. 13th at 7 PM. If I’m in town, I’ll be there. Wink

I will not be able to attend that one. I have to take my son to his calc class at J Sarge that night.

I will get in touch with Daryl and see what I can do.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^On a related note, I've gotten an e-mail from the Fairfax County GOP about an upcoming meeting/conference in March. Believe I'll attend and see what's going on locally.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^On a related note, I've gotten an e-mail from the Fairfax County GOP about an upcoming meeting/conference in March. Believe I'll attend and see what's going on locally.

This is what the GOP did not see coming. A grass roots movement to take the party back. This spring is going to prove to be very exciting. Find out when you county meet is, go become a delegate, get involved.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
quote:

This is what the GOP did not see coming. A grass roots movement to take the party back. This spring is going to prove to be very exciting. Find out when you county meet is, go become a delegate, get involved.

Yep, as vthoky stated above, it's time to light a fire under their ass. One election cycle (well maybe two) where they thought they could rest on their laurels, and suddenly we the rank and file citizens are catching it in the shorts and feeling betrayed and taken for granted by both parties.