SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Not to stick up for AOC... But while watching the numerous live streams, I did see one or more Confederate Flags being flown by individuals.

First I want to give a big thanks to thunderson for the offer of a room in case things went sideways.
I was there from shortly after 7 until around 2:00 and I never saw a Confederate flag, not that there could have not been one I just didn't see it.
I thought the police were very respectful to everyone and I think it was returned to them.
I did not lobby as I preferred to be armed.
It was a cold but very great time.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
Flashlightboy, others.

There will be plenty of other threads to be Debbie Downers in. Either be encouraging, or just keep your mouth shut and let them stay positive. The rally was by any measure a success.

There are no other threads to go to since Mr Bellum declared that there is a ban on all negative and defeatist threads throughout the Sig Forum.
He also stated that when we talk to a moderator, we are talking to him. This does not make sense as it has never been his way to diminish someone who has a different opinion. You are, on the other hand quick to diminish someone through insults and name calling knowing full well that you are protected.
Also, how would you feel being told that your military service was irrelevant? You are not being nice at all.

My hatchet is buried, BTW. Be well and be safe.

quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

In case anyone missed it:

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gentlemen, I don't want to see any defeatist talk in this thread. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see such lamentations and rushes to surrender in any thread in this entire forum.

Arc, if this had been your first response to Steadyhand, it is highly likely that the entire subthread would have been avoided. None of us is perfect, and this isn't meant as a holier-than-thou post, just a good reminder for all of us, me included.

I really hope this subthread is over.

A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.
- Proverbs 15:1

For clarity, Steadyhand was asked repeatedly to stow the defeatist posts and let the thread keep a positive keel. I am actually a human person, and after a fashion I get tired of being ignored and having to put up with certain things, like the "VA is lost" talk. When I said his military service was irrelevant, it was in reference to his behavior in the thread. It's super great the guy is a vet. Fantastic. He still has to pipe down when he's raining on a parade and asked to knock it off in numerous ways.

As far as my "being protected," I seem to recall getting called to the carpet on numerous occasions for triggering someone for some reason. You guys want to ignore a staff member, then get upset when the language gets salty, well, that's having your cake and eating it. Citing a quote from Para shouldn't be a requirement for taking note of any other staff member telling someone to curb a behavior.

Particularly on this topic, it's deeply disheartening when membership so quickly goes from "It can never happen here" to "VA has fallen." That is ridiculous in the context of a thread about a rally where positive support is needed, and on a forum where routinely members from "lost states" are told it's their fault, just move, etc. etc. That whole cycle should be broken, and anyone "behind enemy lines" shouldn't be ridiculed for staying put. It sure smarts getting told you're a coward, a failure, or you should move, doesn't it?

There is no way to do this job and bat 1000, or be liked by everyone. I'll wear the black hat if I must, but my point this whole time has been that the boys in VA need support, not defeatist BS. I'd tell Carlos Hathcock to knock it off, or whoever. My hope is that some day, the laws in CA, MA, NJ, CT, NY, MD, WA and other places can be repealed, and that VA law never gets as dumb. Or I could give up and move. Ultimately there is more to life than gun laws, and without the hope that they might be changed, well dang that's a bleak outlook. If you think you've lost, you've all but guaranteed that outcome.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Arcwelder. I swear to God you are like a Democrat.
Fine, you are right. Okay.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Referencing counties in Virginia joining West Virginia:

US Constitution; ARTICLE IV, SECTION 3, CLAUSE 1

“New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.”

While, on the face it would appear that Virginia counties adjacent to West Virginia could be transferred from one State to another, it would be difficult to accomplish politically, as both State Legislatures would have to agree along with Congress. Short of another and literal “Civil War”, I don’t see that happening.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

mrmn50 I agree.

Lets just change this to the steadyhand thread.Seems like we can't get beyond this.

Same old stuff being rehashed over and over again.
And people calling steadyhand a coward for moving himself and family out of states that become tyrannical.
Were the Jews who moved out of Germany when they saw the rise of Nazism cowards? Or were they wise?

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Lets just change this to the steadyhand thread.Seems like we can't get beyond this.

Let's not. Those two should take their grievances elsewhere. This thread is about Virginia, the great day we had yesterday, the spirit that's been built up, the challenges we have ahead of us.

Let's keep this thread and this energy going, please.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If I had givin my life, as a career, in the Service of the US Military as Steadyhand has done, I would live any place, any where I chose in my beautiful Country. I had not achieved such great devotion. We honor you Steadyhand. You are a valued Member, a good man and as fine a American one could be. You can live any where you like sir. I too left my home State after 56 years realizing it could well never change. It is ingrained in the people of New York the State will forever be in the grip of liberal democrats. It becomes way bigger than one man. The smell of dirty politics and big money influence I left behind. My family say I have to return one day to visit. I reply with a big Hell No. I will never go back there. Im not a coward and I didnt run. I hope the good people of Virginia can rid their fine State of this tyrant. I think should the State become part of West Virginia, I can say I lived to see real history being made in America.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

While, on the face it would appear that Virginia counties adjacent to West Virginia could be transferred from one State to another, it would be difficult to accomplish politically, as both State Legislatures would have to agree along with Congress. Short of another and literal “Civil War”, I don’t see that happening.

I could see both state legislatures going for it. WV gains people and land, VA would further strengthen being a blue state.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
I could see both state legislatures going for it. WV gains people and land, VA would further strengthen being a blue state.

Then, too, there's that whole West Virginia Beach thing from page 53, too. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Lots of really bad bills coming up for a vote tomorrow.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bi...exe?201+doc+S0310122

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
No chance. One thing we all know is Democrats don’t ever willingly give up two things: power and money.

quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Lots of really bad bills coming up for a vote tomorrow.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bi...exe?201+doc+S0310122

Geez Louise. Frown

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Citing a quote from Para shouldn't be a requirement for taking note of any other staff member telling someone to curb a behavior....

Citing para's quote isn't necessary, but one can learn from his words and demeanor in that quote.

quote:

There is no way to do this job and bat 1000, or be liked by everyone...

I moderate too and you are right. It is one of the most thankless volunteer jobs that one can do, but we can always learn and grow on the job.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Da fuq? Why not just call him a fartface? I mean, if you're going to just throw out mindless insults, at least make them fun.

Ya know, things are looking kinda shitty in Virginia right now, but at the same time there's a whole mess of folks out there fighting real hard to push back against the grabbers, and steppers, and the rest of the anti-liberty coalition. The last thing they need is some jackass rolling in here singing doom and gloom. I don't care how many ribbons they got or how many grenades they jumped on, it's beside the point. They're actively shitting all over the good, being a defeatist wanker. Oh no, all is lost, we have to move again! Failure! Failure! Flee!

Well, we don't need that here, and using your service as a shield against criticism, as some sort of trump card to pull out when someone disagrees or tells you to stow the negative attitude, I think that's pretty cowardly. Maybe it'll work on the waitress at Denny's on Veteran's Day.

Anyway, you wanna be negative, you think it's the beginning of the end. Fine, whatever, leave us out of it. Y'all run off to Idaho, or Texas, or Montana, or whatever. Just remember, Bloomberg's money is good in those places, and grabbers can rent moving vans, and they do. You keep ceding territory to the hoplophobes, and before you know it you'll have nowhere to run.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Lighten up, Franceses! Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Virginia isn't, but this thread is

for me.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bills to send a email for support via vcdl
https://oneclickpolitics.globa...s/edit?promo_id=7662

Bills to send and email for opposition via vcdl
https://oneclickpolitics.globa...s/edit?promo_id=7661

quote:
2. Urgent Action Item: Senate committee to hear remaining Senate gun bills on Wednesday, 1/22/20

On Wednesday, January 22, around 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm, the Senate Judiciary committee will meet in Senate Room A to vote on a large group of gun bills - both pro-gun and anti-gun!

Again, we need to flood the room with GSL stickers, and those that can speak, should speak on the bills.

Here are the bills being considered. Bills we oppose in red and support in blue:

S.B. 13, Ebbin, bans possession or transporting a weapon within Capitol Square.

S.B. 14, Saslaw, bans bump fire triggers, binary triggers, and trigger cranks.

S.B. 15, Ebbin, prohibits carrying firearms into state-owned or state-leased property.

S.B. 18, Saslaw, Universal Background Checks for sales and transfers of firearms.

S.B. 64 , Lucas, two or more persons drilling, parading, or marching with firearms with the intent of intimidating someone is a FELONY.

S.B. 67, McClellan, requires reporting of lost or stolen firearm within 24 hours, punishable with a civil fine of $250.

S.B. 71, Lucas, treats day care and religious pre-school as a K-12 school to ban possession of guns.

S.B. 75, Howell, makes it a crime for anyone to recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm in such a manner as to endanger the life or limb of anyone under 18.

S.B. 76, Howell, takes away possession in their own home of firearms for a person who is subject to a permanent protective order.

S.B. 82, DeSteph, creates a mandatory minimum for someone who violates a protective order with a firearm or other weapon.
S.B. 83, DeSteph, provides a mandatory minimum sentence for brandishing a firearm at a law-enforcement officer.
S.B. 84, DeSteph, provides a mandatory minimum penalty for concealing a firearm while committing a violent felony.
S.B. 85, DeSteph, creates or enhances penalties related to stealing firearms or using a stolen firearm in the commission of a felony.
S.B. 86, DeSteph, creates a mandatory minimum penalty for use or display of a firearm during the commission of a violent felonies.
S.B. 88 - DeSteph, creates a mandatory minimum sentence for maliciously shooting at or in an occupied dwelling, willfully shooting a firearm in or at a school building, or shooting from a vehicle so as to create risk of death or injury to another.
S.B. 89, DeSteph, creates a mandatory minimum sentence for violating a protective order while armed with a dangerous weapon.
S.B. 173, Hanger, allows possession of a stun gun while in a vehicle on K-12 school property if a person has a CHP.

S.B. 248, Favola, creates a "Gun Violence Intervention and Prevention Fund." If it were a generic "Violence Intervention and Prevention Fund, " VCDL could support it.

S.B. 263, Bell, takes away the option for online training to get a CHP.

S.B. 319, Chase, requires property owned by the Commonwealth or a locality have law-enforcement or armed security on premise to cover any gun-free zones.

S.B. 353, Bell, requires certain range design criteria for outdoor shooting ranges within 500 yards of any property zoned for residential use. No grandfathering for existing ranges.

S.B. 372, Saslaw, prohibits possession of a firearm by anyone with a permanent protective order against them.

S.B. 436, Surovell, creates a voluntary "Do Not Sell Firearms List," that makes it a misdemeanor for someone who has put themselves on that list and then attempts to purchase a firearm. I can't wait to hear what problem this bill was meant to address!

S.B. 476, Chase, provides coverage and additional damages to anyone inured or killed by a criminal action of a third party in a K-12 or higher-education public school, where concealed carry is prohibited.

S.B. 477, Chase, provides coverage and additional damages to anyone inured or killed by a criminal action of a third party upon property owned or leased by the Commonwealth, where concealed carry is prohibited.

S.B. 479, Howell, prohibits possession of a firearm by anyone with a permanent protective order against them.

S.B. 543, Edwards, fixes the non-existent "gun-show loophole."

S.B. 581, Howell, makes it a FELONY for anyone to recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm in such a manner as to endanger the life or limb of anyone under 18.

S.B. 593, Hanger, requires guns in a licensed family day home to be unloaded, locked up, with ammunition in a separate locked container.

S.B. 614, Deeds, adds County of Albemarle and City of Charlottesville to list of localities where the carry of loaded centerfire firearms with a magazine that hold more than 20 rounds inserted or has a threaded barrel are prohibited.

S.B. 684, Mason, forces someone to get their firearms rights restored if they were committed and appealed the committal, even if any mental health issues were resolved by the time of an appeal.

S.B. 781, Lewis, makes it a crime to leave an unattended handgun in public view in any public place where the public assemble, street, highway, or other public conveyance, or sidewalk. If a handgun is left on the seat of a locked vehicle (something someone without a concealed handgun permit might do), it could trigger this law.

SB 825, Chase, exempts local government employees from restrictions on carrying certain firearms in certain localities.

S.B. 901, Chase, Constitutional Carry bill.

S.B. 928, Newman, continues to allow for possession, purchase, or transport of a firearm or a firearms magazine that was legal on January 1, 2020, in any locality that, by ordinance, resolution, or motion allows for such possession, purchase, or transport.

S.B. 958, Chase, repeals the current requirement for a person to have “good and sufficient reason” to carry a firearm while a meeting is being held for religious purposes in a place of worship. This is an old Blue Law that interferes with the right of a place of worship to decide on its own security needs.

S.B. 1009, Chase, waves the sovereign immunity for the Commonwealth or a locality if such government entity creates a firearm-free zone and a person lawfully present sustains injuries while in such zone. For a department, agency, authority, board, commission, or council of the Commonwealth, if they create a firearm-free zone on any area open to the public, then they assume an affirmative duty to protect invitees while lawfully on the premises of such property and they, too, wave their sovereign immunity. Anytime a person is disarmed, whoever disarms them should be responsible for the disarmed person’s safety during the time they are disarmed.

--

Action Item 1: Click here send a message to the committee to support the pro-gun bills First URL i posted above

Action Item 2: Click here to send a message to the committee to oppose the anti-gun bills second URL I posted above.

3. Pro-gun bills killed in House Firearms subcommittee with help of a Republican

Today all twelve pro-gun bills before the House Public Safety Firearms subcommittee were killed. Most were killed on a partisan vote, with all Democrats on the subcommittee voting wrong and all Republicans voting correctly - except for three bills. On those bills (HB 161 - Constitutional Carry, HB 162 - waving of sovereign immunity in gun-free zones, and HB 1382 - same as HB 162), Republican Delegate Carrie Coyner voted with the Democrats. :-(

Delegate Helmer lead the charge to kill the pro-gun bills, except for two, which Delegate Price did the deed.

Here are the emails and phone numbers of those voting wrong to politely contact to show your displeasure at their votes against pro-gun bills in the Firearms subcommittee on Tuesday. Let's flood their inboxes and voicemails:

Delegate Coyner: DelCCoyner@house.virginia.gov, 804-698-1062
Delegate Bourne: DelJBourne@house.virginia.gov, 804-698-1071
Delegate Plum: DelKPlum@house.virginia.gov, 804-698-1036
Delegate Price: DelMPrice@house.virginia.gov, 804-698-1095
Delegate Helmer: DelDHelmer@house.virginia.gov, 804-698-1040
Delegate Jenkins: DelCJenkins@house.virginia.gov, 804-698-1076

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Oh for fucks sake, get this shit out of the thread. Steady, Arc, anyone else, please start a bitch about VA being lost vs fight on, vs airing of grievances thread.

Move the hell on or I'll just start a new VA 2A thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Local news this morning showed King Ralph saying he has heard the 22k+ people who showed up on Monday, but also hears the 2 million voters in the state who put Dems in office. I couldn't help wondering if that was code for, "I also hear the 2 million dollars Mikey and the boys sent my way." Roll Eyes

He went on to say that we have to "agree to disagree," yada yada yada. Jiminy Cricket, Ralph! It's pretty darned obvious we disagree!

God bless America.

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ I've got a better suggestion Jesse. I'd just look back on this thread and make judicious use of the ignore feature. Seldom on this forum have I seen so many people not only completely ignore the owner of this forum's wishes, but flat out be disrespectful to the mods who try to keep unwelcome shit out of this thread. It's ridiculous.

Seriously, those shitting on this thread obviously have nothing important or supportive to say so just ignore them. You'd be amazed how much the thread gets cleaned up.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post