SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huffington Post seems to be having kittens over the lack of a "militarized overwhelming police presence" on the scene. Apparently no one else missed it.

"Reporters said there were few police in plain sight - a stark contrast to the militarized police presence often seen at other rallies and demonstrations, including those on college campuses.

"'What is so striking about the scene at the gun rights rally in Richmond is what you don't see: almost no cops. Just that little cluster of state police there. No lines of riot cops. No law enforcement in riot gear. Lois Beckett@somethingortheother'"

Oh, and apparently the excuse for the Governor's hyperventilating overreaction is that a half dozen neonazis were reportedly planning to shoot up the event to create chaos. Uh-huh. Let's see the perp walk.

http://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/...mists-142024623.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the third photo in the post above from DSGrouse. Young man has an M1 Garand slung on his shoulder!

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
It was a good day. I have to say, first class effort by our LEO's. Just a prime example of the quality of people we have working in our state.

Yes it was. It was nice to meet you in person, as well as 10-7_Leo, Architect, and Thunderson. Sorry I missed you 95flhr.

Great job guys showing up!

Likewise, Sorry we were not able to stick around long.

This one made me laugh

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed you as well.

It was a great day, everyone stayed peaceful and friendly. Hell I spent the better part of an hour this morning talking and joking around with a couple of State Troopers from VA Beach. Great guys.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The peaceful protest was a good public display of responsble gun owners and that's a valuable PR message that should be played out every day but here's the reality of the VA situation.

Because VA conservatives didn't think this shit mattered all that much if Dems ran things, gun owners in VA are fucked and will be fucked for the foreseeable future, just like Repubs didn't work to keep the House and now we see the Pelosi shit show. Elections have consequences.

So into the VA future, the only thing you can count on is these proposed gun bills passing as written or subtantially as written.

From there you have legal challenges but those are out of the hands of the electorate.

On a simultaneous front you can't recall the Dems and not recall the governor too. Where there are swing districts you must remove them and keep in mind the first rule of a politician is to make sure they stay employed. Remove that from them.

Even if the recalls are successful, the laws will be on the books and the newly elected replacements will have to commit to overturning these laws but the problem is tht unless you control the heads of each legislative branch, those votes might not be called for a vote. I'm not sure how the process works but things typically have to be get out of committee and then to the floor but who controls the floor decides whether something is called for a vote. Voters need to flip control and make sure the governor doesn't veto the bills or the legislative bodies must be veto proof.

VA needs to stay strong but there's a tough road ahead. Legal challenges and recall of the governor and legislators too. The dynamic of sheriffs and sanctuary counties is interesting but I think the state will withhold release of funds to the counties to enforce agreement on state supremacy on the law. Whether the counties enforce the laws is another story.

I know what happens if you don't stay strong and fight - I'm from CA.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
What does it usually look like on Lobby day there?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ About a thousand or so in years past.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

This West Virginian stands ready to welcome our new beach friends.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left Massachusetts for Virginia.

I spent an inordinate amount of money to 'fixate' my family into Virginia some 17 years ago.

Now, at a cost we had not anticipated, we are going to seek a new state to call home.

Virginia appears permanently flipped, just like MA, MD, NY, and CA. I'm in mourning. I'm peeved about the cost. My wife, a conservative who grew up in Missouri, swears she was literally dying in just 18 months of living in Massachusetts. Virginia is going to look and feel like Massachusetts real soon.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
^ About a thousand or so in years past.

Yep. When I lived in VA I attended 3 rally's over the years. The most I've seen was about 600 to a thousand. Not my count, but counted by other VCDL members.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

I spent an inordinate amount of money to 'fixate' my family into Virginia some 17 years ago.

Now, at a cost we had not anticipated, we are going to seek a new state to call home.

Virginia appears permanently flipped, just like MA, MD, NY, and CA. I'm in mourning. I'm peeved about the cost. My wife, a conservative who grew up in Missouri, swears she was literally dying in just 18 months of living in Massachusetts. Virginia is going to look and feel like Massachusetts real soon.

Steadyhand. Could you not post this shit on a good positive day where 10's of thousands of people just showed up to have our voices heard. In fact if you are going to have that attitude, just stay out of the thread all together.

Today was a major victory, let us enjoy it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:

Similar here. We came to Virginia from NY ~15 years ago leaving all the liberal BS behind. We’re not packing up just yet because this cancer will reach everywhere eventually if we all just run. We’ve decided to give it until the next election cycle here, if we can’t flip the state back then it probably is lost for good. Until then we plan on doing our best to get Virginia back to the right.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought you were 'shakeyhands' now?

If you don't have anything positive to say, GTFO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have to admit...looking through all the WONDERFUL pictures, my monitor got a little blurry. Must need another damned new laptop!! Big Grin That was really AWE-inspiring!

Question for those in attendance...was there a visible presence of ANTIFA and if so, what was their attitude? Did they even "engage" in protest, hold up 2A signage, mingle/converse with VCDL folks, or anything like that?? And did the NRA have a presence there?

GREAT job, my Virginia neighbors (though it's a long stretch to Houston. Smile).

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shh. Let people enjoy things.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey, with that attitude, I'm glad you left MA. I'm still here and the last thing we need is people like you. VA doesn't need your bullshit either. Move to CA already. Oh wait, they don't need your bullshit.

Try Canada, New Zealand, maybe Iran.

In all seriousness, stop posting your bullshit and move on.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Richmond, and while I don't think it was Woodstock II, it certainly was a time of shared friendliness and camaraderie. I would have like to meet up with @skins2881 and some of the others, but there were enough people there that just staying connected with my buddy/driver was at times a task.

One thing I don't think others will mention so I'll do it: The VCDL paid for porta-potties, and in all my years of marathon running, etc., these were the cleanest I've seen. My buddy remarked, "Of course, we're shooters. We aim!" Smile

Some great signs, and free enterprise was present and active. Shirts, flags, hats, pins and stickers were available for purchase, and there were plenty of free 2A bumper stickers being handed out (courtesy VCDL) and "Guns Save Lives" stickers (courtesy GOA). The police were there, and didn't seem worried, although they are consummate professionals, so they were prepared if need be.

Getting a crowd count would be next to impossible. When we got to The Diamond parking lot, there was a two hour line waiting to board the bus (and since I never saw a bus, I'm guessing the word "the" might accurately describe it). So, we walked the 3+ miles (my buddy has had both knees and one hip replaced, so I got us a Lyft back to his car). During our walk, we saw a number of people walking around, and as we were leaving, saw still more people arriving. Let's just say that in the 18 years or so they've had Lobby Day, this was the largest turnout they've ever seen. This is backed up by radio interviews I've been hearing.

The only green area was the cordoned-off Capitol grounds. Thus, the people like me, who did not want to be unarmed, were strolling up and down the roads in the vicinity. Again, this makes it difficult to get an estimate of crowd size. I expect we'll see helicopter photos at some time, but for now, suffice it to say that since there were no incidents, the lame stream media will barely report anything this evening.

It was cold, but I didn't see anybody shivering or appearing to have a hard time of it. I layered well, and so I felt great -- even showed my "Sic Semper Tyrannis Northam" shirt to a number of folks. There were certainly plenty of "earthier" shirts and signs around!

You know, I could have done other things on MLK Day, but I went - because someone had to - and I'm glad I did.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
A peaceful protest and show of support by citizens united by Constitutional rights and Second Amendment supporters...job well done by Virginia gun owners and those coming in from other states!

quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
VA needs to stay strong but there's a tough road ahead. Legal challenges and recall of the governor and legislators too. The dynamic of sheriffs and sanctuary counties is interesting but I think the state will withhold release of funds to the counties to enforce agreement on state supremacy on the law. Whether the counties enforce the laws is another story.

I was about to make a similar point. Today is a good day, gun owners have much to be proud of, and you all deserve to enjoy the moment...

...but as much time, effort, and money by 2A supporters that was put into today's successful event, the real work lies ahead. Rallies, Protests, and fund raisers to plan and attend, petitions to circulate, hearings to attend and speak at, and lots and lots of phone calls and emails.

Gun owners deserve to break out the good stuff and pour a glass while enjoying a good cigar, get a good meal and a satisfied night's rest...and then wake up, kit up, and prepare for the work ahead.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Gun owners deserve to break out the good stuff and pour a glass while enjoying a good cigar, get a good meal and a satisfied night's rest...and then wake up, kit up, and prepare for the work ahead.
Yup, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm reading that like a gazillion of these were handed out today, good!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post