SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This was excellent. Sound is crap, turn up volume.

Must watch!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tnRPUCU_QNk

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The leftist dems that crafted these pieces of garbage legislation must be very closely considering the danger they are putting themselves in (at least politically). When any LEO, and a fed no less openly tells them this is folly in a hearing, it is very telling. I’m guessing he is with ATF, FBI, or at minimum a Special Agent for any number of alphabet entities if he is truly full time plain clothes.

I really hope places like New York, New Jersey, California, etc. start going through the same process now that the people see that it can work when patriots band together.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From VCDL: https://mailchi.mp/40302cafdca...ntinued?e=97fe860a1e

Virginia now has 41 sanctuaries! Tuesday, we got 11!

Alleghany County
Amherst County
Culpeper County
City of Norton
Gloucester County
Goochland County
King George County
Middlesex County
Orange County
Page County
Roanoke County

Four did not vote tonight, but had hearings:

Danville
Fairfax County
Virginia Beach
York County

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
From VCDL: https://mailchi.mp/40302cafdca...ntinued?e=97fe860a1e

Virginia now has 41 sanctuaries! Tuesday, we got 11!

Alleghany County
Amherst County
Culpeper County
City of Norton
Gloucester County
Goochland County
King George County
Middlesex County
Orange County
Page County
Roanoke County

Four did not vote tonight, but had hearings:

Danville
Fairfax County
Virginia Beach
York County

Danville, will be like Roanoke City, and wah wah.
In a Red voting county, Danville always votes blue..Why...I call Danville the Entitlement City.

But I hope they surprise me.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Skins- the video you posted is telling and, unfortunately, I believe this is what the left wants. For years, they have tried to goad conservatives into a massive, violent fight and we have resisted.

I believe it was van jones, an avowed communist in the obama admin, who said they wanted the bottom to rise up, so they (the federal gov't) could come from the top down, and the result would turn the country inside out.

Corner an animal, attack it and it will strike at you. I don't believe the left will stop pushing, until they get what they truly want.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a call from my Granddaughter last night telling me that Tazewell County has also become a Sanctuary Count.

She lives in Tazewell and my wife and I own a home there. Looks like we may be spending more time down south.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
You have to chuckle at the irony here for "sanctuary cities" as it pertains to the 2nd Amendment.

It definitely puts the leftists in the uncomfortable position of justifying sanctuary cities/counties as acceptable for immigration issues but not ok for rights acknowledged and protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Can't have it both ways now can you?

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Is Williamsburg, Virginia in a county?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I was at the King George Board of Supervisors mtg last night. Well, I was actually outside in the parking lot because inside was full w standing room only. Roughly 50 to 80 people inside, another 250 to 300 people outside.

The vote was 5 to 0 to approve the 2A Sanctuary Resolution

Important: email your BoS representatives before they vote and ask them to support the 2A Sanctuary resolution. Try to get as big a turn out as possible when they discuss or vote

The next move will be an effort to get the county sheriffs and prosecutors to support the resolution also.

I have been here 25 years and I have never seen so many locals so fired up. I am hoping this enthusiasm carries over into the 2020 elections.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Is Williamsburg, Virginia in a county?"

Virginia has 95 counties and 38 independent cities (Wiki)

Williamsburg is one of the independent cities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...counties_in_Virginia

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by SDY,
quote:
I have been here 25 years and I have never seen so many locals so fired up. I am hoping this enthusiasm carries over into the 2020 elections.

I hope so too. Maybe it will. It’s getting people active in local politics on a scale that we haven’t seen in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Did all the people who were jumping up and down now about this vote in the election? And are all the state reps in the now sanctuary counties still Republican?

The takeover appears to have happened because of demographic changes in the state. Even if the now minority conservative are really angry about it, they're still now the minority.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Was it demographic changes or a complete and total failure of the GOP? Or was it maybe a bit of both? This is the same organization that didn’t even do research into Northam’s past. Because if they had he would have lost.

Demographics certainly played a role. Dems being fired up over Trump winning in 2016 also played a role. It would have been nice to have seen this energy and turn out in the last election but better late than never.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Was it demographic changes or a complete and total failure of the GOP? Or was it maybe a bit of both? This is the same organization that didn’t even do research into Northam’s past. Because if they had he would have lost.

Demographics certainly played a role. Dems being fired up over Trump winning in 2016 also played a role. It would have been nice to have seen this energy and turn out in the last election but better late than never.

demographic changes did not help, but I would say the biggest issue is the VA GOP,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, if you have anything discouraging to say to our members in Virginia, you can KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

What, you think things aren't bad enough for them, that you have to put your heel to them while they're down? Tell them they're screwed? Tell them they're now a hopeless minority? Chastise them and act as if they are personally responsible for the behavior of voters/non-voters in their state?

Is this how you would want to be treated by your fellow forum members if this shit should come to your state? Be an ally of the Virginia residents in this forum, or be quiet.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
In the context of Virginia:

The DEMs are very very good at turning out their voters. Much better than Republicans.

My feeling about Virginia is that while the state is undeniably blue right now, we have the votes to turn that around - if enough conservatives get off their butts and get angry enough to engage politically.

I have always voted and contributed small amounts to campaigns, but now I am stepping up. Going to political mtgs, increasing donations, and actively campaigning for a Republican candidate. (Daniel Gade for U.S. Senate)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from Wiki: 2A Sanctuary Counties

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Amendment_sanctuary

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
In the context of Virginia:

The DEMs are very very good at turning out their voters. Much better than Republicans.

My feeling about Virginia is that while the state is undeniably blue right now, we have the votes to turn that around - if enough conservatives get off their butts and get angry enough to engage politically.

Doesn't help if you don't even try. 35/140 seats went to D's uncontested.

To make things worse, the D's get to redraw the map, redistricting will hurt chances for next go around.

Please R's get your shit in order, fund raise, and put up a candidate in all races.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Danville, will be like Roanoke City, and wah wah.

Based on the news clip I saw the other night, I'm not really sure what Mayor Lea was trying to say.
Was it, "we're not going to mess with it because the second amendment already takes care of it," or was it "we're going to wuss out and run away from the issue?" It was, however, a very good non-answer.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Be an ally of the Virginia residents in this forum

Thank you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That whole map needs to be green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen, if you have anything discouraging to say to our members in Virginia, you can KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

What, you think things aren't bad enough for them, that you have to put your heel to them while they're down? Tell them they're screwed? Tell them they're now a hopeless minority? Chastise them and act as if they are personally responsible for the behavior of voters/non-voters in their state?

Is this how you would want to be treated by your fellow forum members if this shit should come to your state? Be an ally of the Virginia residents in this forum, or be quiet.

Thanks chief!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank You

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post