SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Planning to be at the polls NLT 8:00 a.m. Was reading earlier that the Alexandria city council passed their restrictions for public buildings and venues, etc. unanimously recently.

https://patch.com/virginia/del...article_nid=28811889

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you haven't voted by mail, get out to the polls today and vote

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I was the first to vote at my precinct this morning. I arrived a few minutes after 6:00am as they were still setting up. They couldn't seem to get the balloting machine to work. I noticed a "Done" button after they'd applied the header ballot several times and pressed it. We were in business! Smile

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Wife, daughter and I will be heading to vote soon. We do not expect any trouble.

FWIW, I volunteered for the 5th district convention, it was a lot of fun. Some folks got antsy having to wait 45min in their cars to vote. But the process was smooth and it worked. We had folks just pulling in, "I want to vote" "are you a registered delegate for your county" "no, I just want to vote and be heard"
It was very encouraging to see how many people are mobilized and excited to get involved. I anticipate a good turnout today.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted, it was pretty light (two ahead of me) but then again I'm in a locale where it's about 4 Dems to 1 Rep. Had not heard of the third candidate, Alissa Baldwin until viewing something after casting the ballot.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Voted, it was pretty light (two ahead of me) but then again I'm in a locale where it's about 4 Dems to 1 Rep. Had not heard of the third candidate, Alissa Baldwin until viewing something after casting the ballot.

She like Omari Faulkner did not get enough signatures on the ballot. Omari Sued to be on the ballot, which got her on also. He took alot of flack for that. When Covid started, and he could not canvas, he dropped out.

I liked his Ideas, I think he was two steps behind Gade and Specialle (sp). I would be willing to be the attacks on Gade came from Her campaign.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
All of the candidates needed 10,000 signatures to get on the REP primary ballot.

Faulkner only collected 3700 signatures.
He went to court and said he would have been able to get 10,000 except for the COVID-19 lockdown.

Gade had 17,000 signatures. Speciale had over 10,000 (don't know the actual number)

The court lowered the requirement from 10,000 to 3500 signatures just for this one election. The limit was lowered to 3500 for all candidates.

When the election board reviewed Faulkner's petitions, they disqualified so many of the signatures as not valid, that Faulkner fell below even the 3500 requirement. He did not qualify for the ballot.

Baldwin also did not get 10,000 signatures, but she did get more than 3500 so she got on the ballot.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I trust we will have a winner in Gade, come November. Our nod for the 8th District R candidate per local convention sounds good too (Jeff Jordan).

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
My wife and I voted about 10 this AM. I asked about the turnout and they said 109 voters so far. This is a pretty majority Republican precinct so I hope it picked up.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My polling place was empty, only me and one person. Not sure I can take anything away from that. I was torn but ended up going with Gade, Speciale just seems too unlikeable for people in the middle.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NYT has already called it for Gade

https://www.nytimes.com/intera...in-email&login=email

23% in

Gade 45,712
Baldwin 12,896
Speciale 9,393

100% in

Gade 205,685
Baldwin 55,144
Speciale 44,105

Gade won every county and city in Virginia

There were 304,934 total votes in this primary election. That is 17% of the number of votes that President Trump got in the 2016 Virginia election.

Thanks to all the effort from so many SIGforum members. Especially those who signed petitions and collected signatures.

Let's go get Mark Warner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
All of the candidates needed 10,000 signatures to get on the REP primary ballot.

Faulkner only collected 3700 signatures.
He went to court and said he would have been able to get 10,000 except for the COVID-19 lockdown.

Gade had 17,000 signatures. Speciale had over 10,000 (don't know the actual number)

The court lowered the requirement from 10,000 to 3500 signatures just for this one election. The limit was lowered to 3500 for all candidates.

When the election board reviewed Faulkner's petitions, they disqualified so many of the signatures as not valid, that Faulkner fell below even the 3500 requirement. He did not qualify for the ballot.

Baldwin also did not get 10,000 signatures, but she did get more than 3500 so she got on the ballot.

SDY Thanks mate, I was trying to remember what you had posted about it in the past. I am happy Gade moved forward.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I am happy Gade moved forward.

No doubt! Now go kick Warner's tail, Dr. Gade!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update from VSSA on the special session.
https://virginiashootingsports...g+Sports+Association)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I can only hope that given the COVID run on stores and the other one that I can't mention that caused a second run on stores that a few more people will see the need for self defense if not the entire reason for 2A, considering the tyranny we currently face and our own damn VA flag.

The current times demand we and no so enlightened people pay attention to 2A. Hopefully they are paying attention. I remember my mom calling me panicked she couldn't buy a gun when she wanted to, hopefully other leftists felt that discomfort too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Warner came close to losing his seat last time around. Here’s to hoping it happens this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Amen, brother!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amanda Chase was out with Tim Anderson yesterday and today. Hitting spots all over goochland and chestfield along with a 2a Rally.

She's got a lot of punch compared to corey or geillespie

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I realize our vote count is small potatoes out here, but Ms. Chase and Dr. Gade really ought to come out to central and southwest Va some....

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I realize our vote count is small potatoes out here, but Ms. Chase and Dr. Gade really ought to come out to central and southwest Va some....

have you contacted her to try and host a bbq with a local republican rep?

My daughter meeting her at the local gunstore she works at part time.

Apparently I need a haircut