SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
have you contacted her to try and host a bbq with a local republican rep?

I haven't, but it's a darned good idea. I have a Rep contact at work, I believe.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe she wouldn't like the opportunity if the scheduling worked out. My wife and I were impressed yesterday. Let alone our positive impressions of her from jan 20th.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is the event Chase attended yesterday.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
DSGrouse, you in Goochland? I'm about 10 minutes from town. Nice to see local SigForum members, makes feel better about Goochland.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maidens actually. The hanover maidens. I can piss into louisa and spit into goochland. Lol. My daughter works at teds shop.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
have you contacted her to try and host a bbq with a local republican rep?

I haven't, but it's a darned good idea. I have a Rep contact at work, I believe.

She is heading your way.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Bloody awesome!!

Thank you for the info, DS.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
As if I needed another reason to make a trip to the Fatback Soul Shack.... Cool

God bless America.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Northam to convene a special session on 18 Aug 2020

focus on budget, social justice reform, racial equity, and police reform. Article didn't mention more anti 2A laws, but I doubt they will miss their chance.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Well, if anything needs reforming, I'm sure it's this concept of "social justice." Good grief.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
it is getting stupid ridiculous out there.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Freitas to go against Spanberger in VA CD 7

https://richmond.com/news/virg...0d-e8ee0240afec.html

Del. Nick Freitas, R-Culpeper, will take on Rep. Abigail Spanberger, D-7th, in November.

In an in-person convention in Caroline County on Saturday, Freitas, who has served in the House of Delegates since 2016, received 56% of the vote on the third ballot, outlasting five challengers in his bid to secure the GOP nomination in the one-time Republican stronghold that turned blue in 2018.

In the final round of balloting, Freitas topped Del. John McGuire, R-Goochland, who received 44% of the vote. The win for Freitas, who sought the GOP U.S. Senate nomination in 2018, sets up what is likely to be a closely watched contest with Spanberger in a swing district that includes eight rural counties and large swaths of suburban Chesterfield and Henrico.

“Today is a victory, and it’s the victory that launches another fight,” Freitas told supporters after the results were announced around 8:30 p.m., “and the fight that we’re going on next, this is the one we wanted. We had to fight this one first, but the one we’re in now, that’s the one we wanted. That’s the one we’re excited about.”

Freitas, a U.S. Army veteran who gained national recognition in 2018 for a pro-guns speech on the House floor, looks to represent a district that includes all of Orange, Culpeper, Goochland, Louisa, Nottoway, Amelia and Powhatan counties, along with large parts of Spotsylvania, Chesterfield and Henrico counties

xxxxxxxxxx

This is a big one. Let's send Freitas to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Freitas to go against Spanberger in VA CD 7

https://richmond.com/news/virg...0d-e8ee0240afec.html

Del. Nick Freitas, R-Culpeper, will take on Rep. Abigail Spanberger, D-7th, in November.

In an in-person convention in Caroline County on Saturday, Freitas, who has served in the House of Delegates since 2016, received 56% of the vote on the third ballot, outlasting five challengers in his bid to secure the GOP nomination in the one-time Republican stronghold that turned blue in 2018.

In the final round of balloting, Freitas topped Del. John McGuire, R-Goochland, who received 44% of the vote. The win for Freitas, who sought the GOP U.S. Senate nomination in 2018, sets up what is likely to be a closely watched contest with Spanberger in a swing district that includes eight rural counties and large swaths of suburban Chesterfield and Henrico.

“Today is a victory, and it’s the victory that launches another fight,” Freitas told supporters after the results were announced around 8:30 p.m., “and the fight that we’re going on next, this is the one we wanted. We had to fight this one first, but the one we’re in now, that’s the one we wanted. That’s the one we’re excited about.”

Freitas, a U.S. Army veteran who gained national recognition in 2018 for a pro-guns speech on the House floor, looks to represent a district that includes all of Orange, Culpeper, Goochland, Louisa, Nottoway, Amelia and Powhatan counties, along with large parts of Spotsylvania, Chesterfield and Henrico counties

xxxxxxxxxx

This is a big one. Let's send Freitas to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Is he going to file the paperwork on time. This time, I mean 3rd times the charm right?

As much as I like Nick and his wife. Once is an oops, twice is wtf bbq. I was hoping Knaggs would get the nod. It was a long shot, i know. I just have a problem with Freitas's inability to actually, well fill out the fucking paperwork.

I

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It was an amazing day at the 7th Congressional District Convention. My wife and I arrived at 8am and didn't leave until 6:45pm, after the 3rd and final round. It was hot....like stupid hot, but that didn't dissuade those of us that know what kind of fight we need to put up against Spanberger. I spent the time between rounds talking with other patriots and like minded individuals about what needs to happen. Dan Gade and Amanda Chase were there too. Overall it was 3500 people that showed to vote in the convention and all but one campaign was civil...he lost and I am certain it was because of how he conducted himself. Here is a really good breakdown of the events

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
It was an amazing day at the 7th Congressional District Convention. My wife and I arrived at 8am and didn't leave until 6:45pm, after the 3rd and final round. It was hot....like stupid hot, but that didn't dissuade those of us that know what kind of fight we need to put up against Spanberger. I spent the time between rounds talking with other patriots and like minded individuals about what needs to happen. Dan Gade and Amanda Chase were there too. Overall it was 3500 people that showed to vote in the convention and all but one campaign was civil...he lost and I am certain it was because of how he conducted himself. Here is a really good breakdown of the events

Yup. We were there so long specifically because of how one of the cantidates conducted themselves. I spoke to multiple people who said he was one of their top candidates until he went negative.

I told people if I had the chance to talk to him that I would tell him that. I would have voted 3rd party over him in November if he had won.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
I told people if I had the chance to talk to him that I would tell him that. I would have voted 3rd party over him in November if he had won.

I only saw him once all day yesterday and when I did, I confronted him about it. He didn't think what he was doing was wrong. Anyhow, my wife said the exact same thing you did.

Overall, I was quite surprised at how approachable the other candidates were.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

I only saw him once all day yesterday and when I did, I confronted him about it. He didn't think what he was doing was wrong. Anyhow, my wife said the exact same thing you did.

Overall, I was quite surprised at how approachable the other candidates were.

Well my olan was to tell him how the content of his attacks just made me like Nick more because I agreed with all of them. I know its not germane to this but i fimrly believe the Republican party can only survive lomg term in this state if they take a lihttps://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1480058464bertarian bent.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1480058464

was it john mcguire? I know tina ramirez was in a pissing match with Nicks wife the last few weeks.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Yeah, John wasn’t playing nice and hadn’t been for the last 3 weeks. A month ago he was in my top 3. After I got the first email from his campaign, it completely turned me off. With every text, email and flyer that followed, it just pissed me off even more.

The campaign staff from McGuire were running up and down the lines while we were waiting to vote screaming that those of us that were voting for Freitas were disgusting and the reason Democrats were gonna win come November. Fucking sickening!