SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Oh Gov Blackface declared a "state of emergency" to keep the GUNZ!?!?!??! away.

A True Tyrant in the making.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/virg...un/story?id=68299433

https://www.governor.virginia....ia-State-Capitol.pdf

PDF is too hard to cut and paste, but available at the link.
Your ABC link has 1 ad and a load of garbage about impeachment and dem candidates.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
There will be a lawsuit over this as there was a law passed a couple years ago prohibiting banning guns during a declared emergency.

I doubt it will go far, here is a break down by attorney tim anderson.

https://www.facebook.com/60100...ts/2936198089748062/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
There will be a lawsuit over this as there was a law passed a couple years ago prohibiting banning guns during a declared emergency.

Unfortunately I don’t do Facebookso can’t see the post.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee: Your ABC link has 1 ad and a load of garbage about impeachment and dem candidates.
Takes me right to the article.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

Unfortunately I don’t do Facebookso can’t see the post.

This one might work

https://youtu.be/lQZtryHaZ20

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
"they unleashed a problem they cannot control"

Ummm... no. King Ralph and his cronies have unleashed a problem they cannot control.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more dirty tricks Northam produces,the more resolve he is galvanizing among Virginians.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) -- Liberty University President Jerry Falwell said he would be in support of a civil disobedience if certain gun legislation is passed in the Virginia General Assembly.
Falwell appeared on the Todd Starnes Radio Show this week to talk about the big debate in Virginia.
Governor Northam said he plans to reintroduce eight bills he claims will "save lives and improve public safety in our communities" including:
• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
• Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
• Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
• Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
• Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
• Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
• Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
• Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.
"I'm pretty sure I'm going to call for civil disobedience if the Democrats go through with this," Falwell said on the show.
Other legislation that has been filed includes banning indoor shooting ranges at offices where there are more than 50 employees. That would include a shooting range at the NRA headquarters, which is located in northern Virginia.
Republicans and gun-rights groups have pledged stiff resistance.
"I've never seen such a response from my fellow Virginians, negative response, to any proposal ever out of Richmond," Falwell said. "They are up in arms."
More than 100 counties, cities, and towns have declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries and vowed to oppose any new "unconstitutional restrictions" on guns. Lynchburg voted early Wednesday morning to not declare Lynchburg a second amendment sanctuary.
Civil disobedience, which Falwell said helped pass the Civil Rights Act, basically means people don't follow a law because they don't agree with it. Falwell feels like the gun laws in Richmond will illicit the same response in our communities.
"I will not be surprised at all if the citizens and police in a good part of Virginia just decided not to enforce whatever this governor and legislature passes," he said.
Several Virginia sheriffs have vowed to deputize thousands of county residents "to protect their constitutional right to own firearms."
The future of the package of gun legislation is unclear. Some top Virginia Democratic senators expressed reservations about passing one of the bills, the plan to ban assault weapons.
"That's why I haven't recommended civil disobedience yet because I don't know what the exact legislation is going to be," Falwell said. "If it's really bad I could see supporting something like that. But I think the people are going to decide that on their own."
Gov. Ralph Northam and Democratic lawmakers have credited their focus on gun control for helping them win full control of the General Assembly for the first time in more than two decades.
Northam announced Wednesday he will declare a temporary emergency, banning all weapons, including guns, from Capitol Square ahead of a massive rally planned next week over gun rights.

Link

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Redstone, thanks for posting that.

But my understanding is, Lynchburg voted nay to becoming a 2A sanctuary city yesterday.

My statement has nothing to do with Falwells news release, just something a friend told me today.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
But my understanding is, Lynchburg voted nay to becoming a 2A sanctuary city yesterday.

True. https://www.wdbj7.com/content/...ction-567019711.html

Lynchburg City council

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
VA is the litmus test for beating the NRA and Gun owners political power and the Script from Bloomberg funded politicians.

Lot riding on VA

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You know your doing something wrong when a pastor is considering supporting civil disobedience...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Talk about text book tyrants. The saying "the second amendment is not about hunting" is playing out right in front of us. Stand strong Virginia.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI, not legal advice and the statement below is made by me and me alone.

From what I can gather the capitol grounds complex will have a cordon around the entire area that will require some level of screening to enter during the period covered by King Ralph’s decree, with emphasis on lobby day. If you’re caught in this area with a lawfully carried weapon and not in violation of any other articulable offense you will be asked to leave and refusal will result in a criminal trespass charge. This is a class 1 misdemeanor, there is no applicable weapon related charge that I can locate with the fact pattern above.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Just an FYI, not legal advice and the statement below is made by me and me alone.

From what I can gather the capitol grounds complex will have a cordon around the entire area that will require some level of screening to enter during the period covered by King Ralph’s decree, with emphasis on lobby day. If you’re caught in this area with a lawfully carried weapon and not in violation of any other articulable offense you will be asked to leave and refusal will result in a criminal trespass charge. This is a class 1 misdemeanor, there is no applicable weapon related charge that I can locate with the fact pattern above.

When 1 or 2 do it sure.
When 20,000 show up I say good luck citing everyone. Cops should all have the blue flu that day.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What’s next? King Coonhound gonna try to call out the National Guard?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Northam is scared. He’s using the power of his office as a weapon the way tyrants have done historically. If LE in Virginia have any integrity they’ll refuse to act against the public here. Leave the tyrant powerless. Northam can only oppress if LE allows him to.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
When 1 or 2 do it sure.
When 20,000 show up I say good luck citing everyone. Cops should all have the blue flu that day.

This will be where we find out what LEO thinks of us peons. By and large I support most LEO and their efforts, but sometimes I think they’ll blindly do what they know is wrong just to keep their jobs. Hopefully we see a lot of call offs that day and Northam scrambles to break some more rules which will lead to his undoing

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this thread is moving fast, sorry if this is already posted

from VCDL

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS: There have been many rumors, videos, and articles flying around the internet. We cannot stress enough that this is a peaceful day to assemble and address our Legislature about protecting our right to keep and bear arms. Lobby Day is NOT about statues, flags, racism, sexism, or anything other than protecting the right to keep and bear arms for ALL law-abiding citizens.

Yes, we hold a rally, but the point of the day is communication with our legislators. (Note that a rally is not the same thing as a protest.)

To our knowledge there are no credible threats of violence. That being said, please practice appropriate situational awareness. IF YOU SEE A BAD ACTOR flag down a police officer and point it out. If someone tries to provoke you, smile and walk away. There is probably someone secretly recording the interaction, with the intent of capturing some kind of inappropriate reaction on your part. Don't take the bait. It's not worth the bad press. Again, you might want to notify law enforcement of such bad actors.

The eyes of the nation and the world are on Virginia and VCDL right now and we must show them that gun owners are not the problem. Lead by example. We have been, and continue to be, in close contact with several law enforcement agencies and will keep them informed of all potential threats that we become aware of. Law enforcement will be in abundance at the event, both uniformed and plain clothes, to provide security and we are sincerely appreciative of their efforts to keep everyone as safe as possible.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Truly amazing
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Wow
I cannot believe Portsmouth became a 2A sanctuary city.

I am glad that Hopewell voted to become one as well but Portsmouth just blows my mind.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post