SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://fredericksburg.com/new...urce=home-the-latest

A Richmond judge ruled Thursday that state elections officials should bar rapper and entrepreneur Kanye West from Virginia’s presidential ballot.

Judge Joi Taylor found that 11 of the elector oaths West submitted “were obtained by improper, fraudulent or misleading means” or are otherwise invalid because of notary violations and misconduct.

The judge ordered state elections officials to not permit West’s name to be printed on ballots for the Nov. 3 election.

Heather Hays Lockerman, Virginia’s senior assistant attorney general, asked the judge to rule on Thursday. She noted that as of this week, 656,000 Virginians already have requested absentee ballots .

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daniel Gade:

Tonight Mark Warner and I were supposed to participate in the Arlington County Civic Federation townhall, but shocker, “Mark Warner can’t attend”. No show. That being said I am honored to do a solo townhall with Virginia voters tonight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...098fc73d4_story.html

"Warner, who has raised over $14 million — 14 times as much as Gade — launched a seven-figure, eight-week statewide ad buy that started Friday"

xxxxxxxxxxx

We only beat Warner by an energetic grass roots movement. Spread the word about the Gade campaign.

Virginians: Vote Trump / Gade / whatever REP is running for your Congressional District (House of Representatives)

Time is short.

gadeforvirginia.com

posted Hide Post
I am really pulling for Gade.

I think he has some really good ideals that can get VA back on track.

I like him even though he was a 19A (Tanker). (All joking aside, I am still trying to reclass 19k. I guess I will have be happy being a 19D in the past)

Plus he is from Minot ND.

I have never really liked Warner and I don't think I will.

Its not so much his politics but his overall persona itself.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
One of the fellows at work today pointed out something that I had seen but not exactly noticed: Daniel Gade ads are few and far between over on this side of the state. Mark Warner's TV ads are airing full-steam right now, it seems.

Maybe he's concentrating ad funds on the NoVa area, but we (my group at work) are of the opinion he could really stand to get some air time out here in the mountains too.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With NOVA being the smoldering cauldron of blue smudge, I imagine he is putting a lot of his focus and money on that area. I wish him luck but I think it will be hard for him to unseat Warner. Its a sad day when the voters take a shim sham man over a veteran with principals.

My last dept was in Prince William County in 2017 before I relocated to NC, and it was sickening with all that blue flu.

I last worked in the area from 2004 to 2007 but that was down around Fredericksburg. All the Officers/Deputies I used to work with told me that it has been trying to creep down I-95 ever since I left.

I wish him luck but I think it will be hard for him to unseat Warner. Its a sad day when the voters take a shim sham man over a veteran with principals.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Gainsville, VA

Daniel Gade will benefit greatly if Donald Trump carries Virginia.

vthoky, I sent your comment above to the Gade campaign.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sdy.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd definitely go if I wasn't working

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Can't make the event on Saturday. Sent a donation to help keep up the momentum.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Apparently voting has started already. They seem to be heeding the call to vote early and often.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/...ad-of-2020-election/

Virginia sees massive early voting lines ahead of general election
By Natalie MusumeciSeptember 18, 2020 | 2:03pm

Long lines packed with hundreds of voters were seen across Virginia Friday as in-person early voting kicked off there and in other states for the upcoming November general election.

Online videos showed masked and socially distanced Virginians lined up as far as the eye can see in the city of Fairfax to vote in the unprecedented presidential election amid the coronavirus pandemic.

A longtime poll worker in Fairfax told CNN that she had never seen turnout like Friday’s on the first day of early voting.

Arlington County’s elections office tweeted that 200 people cast ballots in the first hour of the polls being open.

Massive lines with enthusiastic voters were also reported in Alexandria and Virginia Beach.

In previous presidential elections, Virginia voters needed a reason to cast an early ballot, but this year, anyone was allowed to vote early.

Virginia, along with South Dakota, Wyoming and Minnesota, kicked off in-person early voting Friday for the Nov. 3 general election.

As President Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden continue to battle for country’s votes, Virginia — largely considered blue-leaning — does not appear to be getting the swing-state treatment it once did.

Neither Trump nor Biden appeared on broadcast television there as early voting got underway, the Washington Post reported.

“There’s really no discussion about the state being in play,” Amy Walter, national editor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report, told the news outlet. “If you’re Ohio or New Hampshire, or Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, you’ve always been in that spotlight. Virginia got it for such a short period of time.”

The last time presidential candidates stayed away from Virginia and off its airwaves was 2004, when the state was largely red, the report noted.

“Virginia was the belle of the ball in 2008, and again in 2012, and still once more in 2016, but in 2020, the commonwealth is a wallflower,” Stephen Farnsworth, a University of Mary Washington political scientist, told the Washington Post.

Still, the Trump and Biden campaigns claim they are making an effort for Virginia’s 13 Electoral College votes.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Apparently voting has started already. They seem to be heeding the call to vote early and often.

I find this gross. This early voting nonsense--and it is nonsensical--is way out of bounds. The Presidential candidates haven't even had a debate yet for chrissakes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I just heard on Fox that our illustrious Governor (who is a MD.) and his wife have both come down with Covid.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer couple!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I just heard on Fox that our illustrious Governor (who is a MD.) and his wife have both come down with Covid.

Here's hoping it's not a mild case.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:

Doesn't Trump have a rally in Virginia today? Hmmm, curious timing there, gov. Call me cynical, but Gov. Baby Murderer is trying to disrupt or have the rally canceled due to rising Chinese virus concerns.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Doesn't Trump have a rally in Virginia today? Hmmm, curious timing there, gov. Call me cynical, but Gov. Baby Murderer is trying to disrupt or have the rally canceled due to rising Chinese virus concerns.

I think he has one today, or soon, at the Newport News/Williamsburg Airport. I should be able to see his plane fly in.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...alth-threat-n1241054

A Virginia health official is warning of a “severe public health threat” if a planned campaign rally for President Donald Trump goes forward Friday evening.

Dr. Natasha Dwamena, a Department of Public Health district director, said in a letter Thursday that the 4,000 people expected to attend Trump’s rally at the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport would be breaking Gov. Ralph Northam’s executive order generally banning gatherings of more than 250 people. She said the rally should be canceled, rescheduled or scaled down to comply with the governor’s order.

“The rally poses a concerning public health risk,” Dwamena said in the letter, which was addressed to the private company that leases the hangar where the rally is set to take place.

Hours before Trump was to arrive on Friday, Northam announced that he and his wife Pamela Northam had tested positive for the virus. Northam’s office said he is not experiencing any symptoms and Pamela Northam is experiencing mild symptoms.

Northam’s top health and transportation aides also sent letters Thursday to airport officials around the state reminding them that they have “the authority to enforce” the state’s laws.

But it’s unlikely to make a difference, as the Trump campaign has routinely flouted public health guidelines intended to halt the spread of COVID-19. Trump has tried to use this summer’s mass protests over racial injustice and police misconduct as cover for his rallies, making the case that, if demonstrators can gather en masse, so can his supporters.

John Fredericks, a conservative radio host and chairman of the Virginia delegation for the Trump campaign, said Democrats are trying to block the rally for political reasons.

“Panic has set in amongst Virginia Democrats,” Fredericks said. Northam is a Democrat.

Hillary Clinton easily won Virginia in 2016, and the state has not been a focal point of either campaign this year. But Fredericks said the internal polling data he sees each morning shows the race tightening to the point where he said it’s now winnable for Trump.

Trump’s campaign has insisted it takes appropriate health precautions, including handing out masks and hand sanitizer and checking the temperatures of rallygoers. But many of his campaign rallies have seen thousands of maskless supporters standing shoulder to shoulder, something Dwamena noted in her letter.

xxxxxxxxxxx

4,000 people expected to attend Trump’s rally at the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Panic has set in amongst Virginia Democrats,” Fredericks said.

Hillary Clinton easily won Virginia in 2016, and the state has not been a focal point of either campaign this year. But Fredericks said the internal polling data he sees each morning shows the race tightening to the point where he said it’s now winnable for Trump.

Music to my ears! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This was the one debate (that I know of) between Gade and Warner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq4-U-DGk8s

adding: of course I'm biased, but I thought Gade was very effective in the above debate

70 Gade yard signs:

10 Gade signs 4'x 8'

Over the next 2 weeks, need to get these out of my garage and on people's lawns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Hours before Trump was to arrive on Friday, Northam announced that he and his wife Pamela Northam had tested positive for the virus. Northam’s office said he is not experiencing any symptoms and Pamela Northam is experiencing mild symptoms.

We will keep him comfortable while Tea Party officials discuss whether to provide any further treatment.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2020...wo-absentee-ballots/

Over 1,000 Virginia voters who sought an absentee ballot to vote received an additional ballot in the mail , raising further concerns about possible electoral fraud in the November election.

Fairfax saw the majority of the duplicate ballots, with about 1,000, out of roughly 1,400 across the state. Another 300 were sent to voters in the city of Richmond and 100 in Henrico County, just to the north.

(all heavy DEM)

Officials blamed the confusion on label printing machines that jammed, erroneously causing some to be duplicated when entire pages were reprinted due to damage to just some of the labels. “Before the supervisors caught it, the people applying the labels applied them to the entire sheet of labels rather than just pulling out the ones that should have been processed,” Fairfax County Registrar Gary Scott told NBC 4

“We knew the Democrats’ many last-minute changes to our election law would make our elections less secure, but no one could imagine voters receiving two ballots,” Virginia Republican Party chairman Rich Anderson said in a statement.