SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Ralph is planning to launch another attempt at HB 961.

https://virginiaconservatives....adical-ralph-gun-ban

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Looks like Ralph is planning to launch another attempt at HB 961.

https://virginiaconservatives....adical-ralph-gun-ban

I left their Facebook group over the sheer number of fucking wierdos on the page. Conspiracy bullshit central. I agree that we need to oppose him, but getting these folks some meds and bringing them back down to at least alex jones level of sanity.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for us to begin monitoring VCDL and VSSA sites daily. I'm of the opinion that the hounds of hell will be unleashed on us leading up to the elections.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
How would he do it? He would have to call a special session. Because the 2020 session is over. They don't come back into session until early 2021.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
How would he do it? He would have to call a special session. Because the 2020 session is over. They don't come back into session until early 2021.

He called a special session last year. I went to Richmond for it. Their were a substantial number of Mad Mothers and other anti gunner there. A lot of them were bused in. I think that there might have been some Bloomberg money involved. We are not going to be safe unless we have a Republican sweep this year and regain control of the Legislature next year. Every gun owner in VA. needs to be involved. Join and give money to the VCDL. Register and vote. Do not under any circumstances vote for a Democrat. Even if they claim to be pro gun and you love them on every other issue. We have to regain the leadership of the Legislature.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd heard something that there would be a special session in July back in March. Did a search for something recent and found this: https://www.wric.com/news/virg...-reform-legislation/

They may have just been waiting for a reason to call for one, the unrest could well be it.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here is VCDL's primer on Northams august bs.

quote:
The following is post is from the VCDL VA-ALERT email list. The "real" alert may have color coded information and underline and hot links that don't transfer over to the Facebook Platform. Read the text and check your own email if action is required or check the ALERT archives on the VCDL web site. Thanks. Ed
========

1. General Assembly to reconvene in August, opening door for more potential gun-control laws
2. Richmond gun-control taking effect on July 1
3. Falls Church is now looking at gun-control options
4. Alexandria update
5. Hampton status
6. Loudoun
===
1. General Assembly to reconvene in August, opening door for more potential gun-control laws
Last week, Governor Northam posted this on his Twitter account (key part is highlighted in red):

"Even in a pandemic, we cannot forget about the gun violence epidemic and its disproportionate impacts on communities of color. We made progress by passing common sense gun safety laws in Virginia this year—but today, on National Gun Violence Awareness Day, we pledge to do more."

The Governor is planning to reconvene the General Assembly in early August (no date set yet). He said he was doing it for several reason, but didn't list them all. It is possible that he might push for more gun control to be passed at that time, possibly included the "assault weapon" ban that was carried over to 2021 back in January.

VCDL will have an alert shortly with how VCDL is going to address this potential threat to our right to keep and bear arms. Stay tuned...

2. Richmond gun-control taking effect on July 1
The City of Richmond passed an ordinance last year that would only become effective if the General Assembly passed a law allowing for local gun-control. As such, that ordinance will become effective on July 1. The ordinance bans guns in all City buildings, City parks, and at events and adjoining streets that require a permit. CHP holders are NOT exempted.

Here is the ordinance:
Sec. 19-334.1. - Carrying firearms in certain places. (Ord. No. 2019-165, § 1, 7-1-2019)

Editor's note— Ord. No. 2019-165, § 2, adopted July 1, 2019, provides: "This ordinance shall be in force and effect as of the date on which a statute enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia to authorize the City to adopt the prohibition set forth in section 1 of this ordinance takes effect."

No person shall carry any firearm within any City-owned building, park, or recreation or community facility. This prohibition shall not apply to any duly authorized (i) military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, (ii) law enforcement officer, or (iii) security guard contracted or employed by the City. Sec. 19-335. - Penalties.

Any person violating this division shall, except as otherwise provided, be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(Code 1993, § 20-161; Code 2004, § 66-354)

3. Falls Church is now looking at gun-control options
Falls Church City Council is waiting for a report from a working team on suggestions for possible gun control for the City. We are waiting to see what the committee suggests.

Here is a link to the City Council video from June 8th. Skip to 2:01:40 to see discussion on the gun-control working-team:

http://www.fallschurchva.gov/4...ity-Council-Meetings

4. Alexandria update
Many VCDL members kept their reservation to speak at the Alexandria City Council meeting tonight and, surprisingly and luckily, the Council allowed citizens to give their comments on the proposed gun-control ordinance banning guns in City buildings, parks, events requiring permits and adjoining streets, instead of requiring the comments be made on June 20th.

The speakers did a great job and most were residents of Alexandria and the rest visit there frequently. 10 people spoke against the proposed ordinance and only 2 for it.

I will address the City on the behalf of VCDL on the 20th, when Alexandria will take comments from those that did not speak tonight.

City Council voted unanimously tonight for the proposed ordinance to go forward for public input and a vote on June 20th. They only change they made was a minor change to the exemption for museums and re-enactors.

We need to keep the pressure on City Council to withdraw this atrocity on the 20th.

VCDL is weighing its options. Stay tuned.

5. Hampton status
Hampton is spending money with Michael Bloomberg's Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research to investigate options for reducing violence and crime. They are planning on spending $150,000 on this project. We are waiting to see what the report contains.

6. Loudoun status
Loudoun County is starting "research" on the new laws passed by the General Assembly this year and how that legislation impacts localities. We are waiting to see what that report contains.

https://www.facebook.com/VCDL....075196030?__tn__=K-R

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tim Anderson asked Gade where he stoon on Red Flag laws.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=260579381942848

https://www.facebook.com/virgi...eos/260579381942848/

The reason for the above video was to refute his previous comment at a college republican meeting back in oct 2019

https://www.facebook.com/10005...07940994289112/?t=39
https://www.facebook.com/10005...eos/107940994289112/

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Tim Anderson asked Gade where he stoon on Red Flag laws.

https://www.facebook.com/virgi...eos/260579381942848/

The reason for the above video was to refute his previous comment at a college republican meeting back in oct 2019

https://www.facebook.com/10005...07940994289112/?t=39
https://www.facebook.com/10005...eos/107940994289112/
For those VA voters that have doubts about Dan Gade, I will take a moment to point out that there is another Republican primary candidate for the Senate seat that is very strong on 2A issues, namely Tom Speciale.

I, for one, would be happy to see either of these gentlemen sitting where Warner is now, but having personally met both of them, and even having signed up Dan to a VCDL membership, I'd prefer Tom. Dan is definitely more "Republican establishment" than Tom, but to my mind that is not necessarily a plus given the current state of the Republican party in VA.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think most people know where I stand

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought gade explained his conversation that was taken out of context well. I have 0 issue with my Vote for Gade.

That being said, Had gade not run, I would have zero issues for Specialle or Faulkner before he dropped out.

Another Guy running against spanberger I really like is Andrew Knaggs. If you are in the 7th. Please check him out.

https://andrewknaggs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AndrewKnaggsVA/

Like Gade, Freitas, he has been holding many live streams, and small get togethers.

I am impressed.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Observation: there is [still] virtually NO republican presence on TV/radio ads in my area right now. Zip, nada, none.

On the other hand, Democrat candidates for Congress are showing up every 20 minutes or so, it seems.

The Republican Party of Virginia has GOT to get some presence, IMO.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Torn between Gade and speciale. I think Gade is more likeable in a general, but his Red Flag comments have me worried. I was voting for Gade before that came to light.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Torn between Gade and speciale. I think Gade is more likeable in a general, but his Red Flag comments have me worried. I was voting for Gade before that came to light.

Gades comments were a in answer to a College question of WHAT IF.

If there was a red Flag Law. What should it look like.

Not what red flag law would you implement.

posted Hide Post
MCGuire campaign trying to block 7th district convention.

http://thebullelephant.com/mcg...NcwjUEQ9y9-VkFU59uP0

quote:
McGuire Campaign Caught Trying To Block 7th District Convention
written by TBE Staff June 10, 2020

Why did a staffer for congressional candidate John McGuire try to book the venue that the 7th Congressional District Committee is planning on having their convention at?

That’s the question on the minds of delegates and several members of the Arrangements Committee of the 7th District Republican Committee.

The 7th Congressional District Republican Committee voted on May 14th to select the Meadow Event Park on July 18th as their new date for the convention.

Yet sometime after that date became known by the various campaigns running in the 7th District, a member linked to John McGuire’s campaign was caught red-handed trying to book the venue for the same day.

It was revealed on Sunday’s conference call of the 7th District’s Arrangement Committee, which has been working to set up the venue for the upcoming Republican Convention, that an individual named “Patrick Trueman” attempted to book the venue on July 18th, the same day as the scheduled convention.

Trueman’s offer to completely book the venue on the 18th, without disclosing what the purpose was or why he was uninterested in re-scheduling his offer to any other dates in July, prompted suspicion by the venue’s operators.

Upon further investigation of John McGuire’s most recent FEC filings, Patrick Trueman appears to be a paid employee of the John McGuire campaign.

The 7th District Republican Committee was originally set to hold its congressional convention back in April, but the COVID-19 pandemic, coupled with a statewide shutdown, prevented it from going through.

But with the lockdowns beginning to lift across the Commonwealth, the Republican Committee recently voted to reschedule their congressional convention for July 18th, at Meadow Event Park in Doswell, VA.

Yet with just over a month to go until the newly re-scheduled convention is set to take place, this blatant attempt to block their own convention from taking place from the McGuire campaign could have thrown the process into chaos.

McGuire is one of six candidates — along with Tina Ramirez, Delegate Nick Freitas, Andrew Knaggs, Jason Roberge, and Peter Greenwald — seeking the party’s nomination to take on Democrat incumbent Abigail Spanberger in the November general election.

The 7th District is expected to be one of the most competitive races in the country this year.

The fact that McGuire’s campaign attempted to subvert their own party’s convention from taking place, suggests that the campaign’s earlier statements about being well ahead in the delegate filing count are false.

“I’ve never seen a candidate who believes he or she is going to win, try to block their own party’s nomination contest from taking place,” said one Republican Delegate when asked about the revelation that McGuire’s campaign attempted to swipe out the convention venue from underneath the Republican Party, “Frankly, the McGuire campaign should be ashamed of themselves for being caught in an act of political corruption as big as this.”

The McGuire campaign’s ploy ultimately failed as Meadow Event Park rejected Trueman’s offer and is moving forward with the 7th District Republican Convention on July 18th.

UPDATE: McGuire campaign refutes anonymous smear
Everything You Need to Know About the 7th District VCN Ticket
A Very Few Members of the Sixth Congressional District Leadership Just Don’t Get It
JOHN MCGUIRE VIRGINIA 7TH DISTRICT
1 comment

TBE STAFF
Posts by The Bull Elephant Staff contain news of general interest and/or a consensus opinion of our contributors, but do not necessarily reflect the views of each member of the TBE community.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you have the full video, I've only seen cut portion of it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you have the full video, I've only seen cut portion of it.

I do not, I think the cut version came from the 3rd republican candidate. The one who did not get enough signatures but is still in the race. If you onto anderson and associates. Tim Anderson has an interview with Gade. He lays it out. I will see if i can find it.

posted Hide Post
Here is Tim Anderson and Daniel Gade.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I am currently in Alaska for a while.
Both myself and my wife absenteed voted for Gade before we left.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Reminder

Virginia Republican Primary Election is tomorrow.

23 June 2020

This is a strange election w all the COVID-19 restrictions.

Let's have a strong REP turn out, whoever you support.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post