SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, something stinks...

Unfortunately the freaks, geeks, and weirdos come out of the woodwork for things like this...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
He said way more than he had to. He could've simply said he was partially disabled and trying to determine if it was going to be safe to go with how many people were expected to be there. "Double hip replacement and walking with a cane. I wanted to get an idea how long I was going to have to be on my feet with all the added security measures and figure out if I could get by with a walker. I know other older people with similar issues and concerns." Simple.

Never tell police a lie.

You can avoid doing so by never telling them anything.

Why not lie? Especially if they can lie to you with impunity?

Because it casts doubt on your character. If you tell them a lie and they can prove it was a lie (in your example, saying you had hip replacement surgery when you did not), they can use that as evidence of intent to deceive, etc.

You are much better off remaining silent.

How are those, being legitimate concerns, a lie?

I was raised by a municipal cop and a fed. I know far better than to ever lie to the police. I know if I was going to a rally that big and had mobility problems, I'd probably want to take a look around first also for the reasons I posted.

I don't have to tell the police I'd be worried about it turning into a shit-show as dramatically as he did. The idea of getting around safely when you can't get around quickly and easily at all should be easy to grasp for anyone.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Smart people don’t engage in lying to the police, it’s far easier to ask to see a warrant and if none is produced to tell them, “On you way then” and close the door.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
This is some KGB/secret police stuff, Fox and others should pick this up and run it. This is how the Democrats will run the country given the chance.use the tools of intelligence against the American people, lie about the facts, and accuse innocents.WTF has happened to my country ?

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
< snip >

How are those, being legitimate concerns, a lie?

< snip[ >

You misunderstood my use of the statement about hip replacements.

I did not state the man in the video did not have replacement surgery.

I was saying if you haven't had such surgery, don't say you did.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I follow. I don't know where you got that I said it applied to anyone else but him.

Yeah. Don't lie to the police. Say no more than you absolutely have to, if even that.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Newsflash - don't lie to the police.

Next.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
For all that will be down there, let’s pray nothing stupid happens and we all stay safe.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Probably been said before, but watch out for troublemakers (for example, Antifa) dressed in conservative gear (MAGA hats, etc.) who will cause trouble and it will be blamed on regular conservatives.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I offered up prayers in church today for all of the patriots attending the events in Virginia. We have a very conservative group in our church and everyone is hoping that nothing bad happens.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
yup...while I like his speach

"Do you have a warrant?"

"no"

"I bid you good day"

and I would call the sheriffs dept to let them know

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm laying out my clothing and provisions for tomorrow. It will be just above freezing. No rain is forecast, but standing in dry, cold weather for hours requires some forethought. Layers of clothing (nothing provocative), plenty of water, and wool socks and comfortable shoes.

My buddy and I will not be going into the killing field. That may make it tough to show our support, but we are going nevertheless. Heard on the news today that at least one state rep was going to be cowering in a "safe place." Ball-less wonder.

Several of my friends have expressed concern for me, offered prayers and support. I am reminded of the line, "If not me, then who?" The Virginia Militia was key in many of the Revolutionary War battles. To that end, I am acquiring my Virginia Militia dog tags.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute -

60% of my 10-gun (semi-auto hand gun) collection is centered (e.g., designed) around 15+ round magazines. Who wants a custom Beretta limited to just 10-rounds of 9mm? A Sig X5? Custom M&P (don't laugh)? My regular-joe .44 Desert Eagle weighs 63oz and is thus an "assault" weapon...??

My ARs are out. Heck, my $1,300+ Volquartsen (.22lr) target has a threaded comp. That's an "assault" .22lr don't you know?

Point being, I have ~$8,000 (realistic street value) of guns that will be rendered moot (or illegal assault-type) - others here like PGT have WAY, WAY more money tied up in this than I do. Is Virginia going to pay us akin to "immanent domain?" If so, I could use the funds to buy several .44mag or 500 S&W revolvers (under 50oz, of course - wouldn't want those to be 'assault' guns).

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Will be watching for reports from SF members attending the event... stand tall, stay safe, and godspeed.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I can't be with you, but I leave you Patriots with this.

We are with you. From NC, we are with you.

And as Rick Monday did...you are all saving the US Flag and what it stands for.

"The Greatest Play In Baseball - Rick Monday Saves U.S. Flag"

[Little motivating film]

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Will be watching for reports from SF members attending the event... stand tall, stay safe, and godspeed.

I'm on a bus. LGS sponsored it and there staff were freezing but friendly. Lots of ladies so not just us old guys. Local news was here but the pic she tweeted only showed the back of one bus. She stated 'workers claim a 150 people are on these buses '.
Ha, see you guys in Richmond
Link to Tweet

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for safety of all supporters. Stay warm and hydrated.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

Moonbat

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post