SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The City of Roanoke, Va , once again chose not to become a sanctuary city.

Beautiful city and area, infested with liberal leaders and SJW's.

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/...tatus-566268571.html

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, what does the map look like now? What's the count?

Map image, as of a few minutes ago, from keepva2a.com

- - - - - -

ETA: The image above is linked directly from keepva2a.com.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I don't see an up to date map. The VCDL website shows 95 but with Franklin, Montgomery and Pulaski Counties standing up it is at least 98 jurisdictions so far.

VCDL

Scroll down and bit and click on the list. Map is a little further down.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
It's not 95 counties

It is

70-72 counties passed 2A resolutions
6 passed proposed constitutional amendments
17 cities/towns passed 2A resolutions

about 15 counties haven't voted yet

very dynamic situation

Stafford votes tonight

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think York County votes tonight.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, what does the map look like now? What's the count?

Map image, as of a few minutes ago, from keepva2a.com

You can add Mathews county to that, they just passed 5-0!

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Yep I was at the Franklin County meeting this afternoon...

A unanimous vote citing the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution and the Virginia Constitution which both affirms the right to keep and bears arms.

An added cherry on the cake was our Sheriff getting up, after the vote, and and stating that he and his department, who are constitutional appointments and not under the control of the BOS , would support our rights to keep and bear arms.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
An added cherry on the cake was our Sheriff getting up, after the vote, and and stating that he and his department, who are constitutional appointments and not under the control of the BOS , would support our rights to keep and bear arms.

Excellent! I'm told our Sheriff did something similar. I couldn't stay late enough to witness that, but I wish I had.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjp:
You can add Mathews county to that, they just passed 5-0!

Mathews! I love Mathews. I've hunted a lot in Mathews. It's a great county. One of the few that border the bay where you can still use a rifle for deer hunting.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not live in Virginia. I do work frequently in many area in West and central VA.

if the voting public is so adamant about the sanctuary status, why not recall the senators or elected officials and put in someone else.

Recall and Replace as needed.

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eltonr:
I do not live in Virginia. I do work frequently in many area in West and central VA.

if the voting public is so adamant about the sanctuary status, why not recall the senators or elected officials and put in someone else.

Recall and Replace as needed.

Because the laws in Virginia make it virtually impossible to recall a state representative or senator unless they have committed a crime and even then it would take a long, long time to happen and these laws are going to be introduced in a couple of weeks - they have been pre-filed. Also, the ones who would need to be recalled have not even taken office yet, so recall is not even an option yet.

Link to Virginia recall laws:
https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_g...g_recall_in_Virginia

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I wonder with all of these counties declaring themselves sanctuaries if West Virginia may become a bigger state.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Crap, I forgot that Highland hasn’t voted yet. So one county in the western half isn’t official. I’d be very surprised if they don’t join the resistance though.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sadly my county is pink on the map and got flipped from 5-4 R to 6-3 D, so the commie bastards are probably going to pass a resolution in January disaffirming 2A and Art 1 Sec 13 of VA Constitution.

I'm still going to keep showing up and being a thorn in their sides.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
It begins: Virginia County forms active militia to protect sheriffs, citizens from unconstitutional laws

https://www.lawenforcementtoda...constitutional-laws/

Things are getting really bad in Virginia. But this group isn’t going down without a fight.

Virginia – Earlier in the week, we reported on how lawmakers over in Virginia were threatening to use the National Guard if members of local law enforcement refused to enforce laws passed in the state that they felt violated the second amendment.

Well, looks like Tazewell County isn’t going down without a fight. On top of calling themselves a second amendment sanctuary county, they’re also crafting a militia as well. The Virginia county has taken the movement that has swept across the state and added an element that is sure to trigger pro gun-grabbing politicians in the state.

Just this past Tuesday, on December 10th, the Board of Supervisors from Tazewell County passed two different resolutions in light of controversy circling those who are pro-gun. The first resolution declared the county to be a second amendment sanctuary. This is not at all surprising to see, as 76 out of 95 counties, 9 out of 38 independent cities, and 13 towns have adopted second amendment sanctuary resolutions.

The second item on the agenda was the proposition of establishing a militia in the county. When both of the resolutions passed, the crowd cheered loudly in support of the decisions. Also, the resolutions didn’t exactly pass by a small margin; the votes were unanimous, with more than 200 citizens standing by in support.

The motion of the creation of the militia had already succeeded in an unofficial way based on the results of a survey conducted earlier in the month by county officials. But Board Chairman Travis Hackworth said people have persisted to press for the district to declare itself a second amendment sanctuary.

Hackworth went on to state that there were three attorneys on the Board of Supervisors. Many of the other declarations made from other counties in Virginia were closely checked by the three attorneys to ensure nothing important would be glossed over or left out.

Two of the biggest factors in resolutions such as these can be boiled down to funding and prosecution.

The resolutions in Tazewell County would remove funding for any law enforcement department that would infringe residents’ right to keep and bear arms.

Yet, if the state wanted to combat the resolutions, they could deny the county funding in areas other than law enforcement, or perhaps attempt to evict public officials from their held offices. Those are rather valid fears, considering this week’s warnings from Northam and Congressman McEachin.

County Administrator Eric Young reportedly considered that element, and that’s why they opted for the militia aspect:

“Our position is that Article I, Section 13, of the Constitution of Virginia reserves the right to ‘order’ militia to the localities. Therefore, counties, not the state, determine what types of arms may be carried in their territory and by whom. So, we are ‘ordering’ the militia by making sure everyone can own a weapon.”

Thus, if anyone from the state tries to remove the Sheriff from their elected office because they refuse to enforce unjust laws, those state officials will be faced with a lawful militia composed of citizens within the state.

The county is taking their militia element very seriously as the new ordinance calls for concealed weapons training for any resident of the county that can lawfully own a gun.

They’ve also called for schools to adopt firearms safety training programs. Considering the blue wave that hit the state, along with Bloomberg pouring in millions toward the election, this is a massive win that shows gun owners aren’t going to lie down.

And as they’re pushing to ramp up safety and training – officials within the state are trying to get rid of personal defense. And if it’s not bad enough that they’re going after firearms, they’re going after self-defense measures as well.

An amendment to a current law in Virginia has some martial arts companies, as well as some citizens concerned.

Known as SB64, the bill, according to Self Defense Company, would “instantly transform all martial arts instructors into criminal felons.” They also claim that it would criminalize all firearms training classes, including concealed carry classes.

According to SDC, the law would “even criminalize a father teaching his own son how to use a hunting rifle.”

The law, which was initially passed in 1987 relates the following:

A person is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

Teaches, demonstrates to any other person the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder;
Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder;

SB 64 adds the following language:

Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

According to the article in Natural News, the language of the bill as written is too wide open to interpretation, especially in a state that appears to be going hard left like Virginia. We recently published a couple of stories on new confiscatory gun laws that are being proposed in the Virginia legislature.

In fact, numerous counties in Virginia and elsewhere have vowed to become so-called “Second Amendment Sanctuaries” (thank you California and other immigration law sanctuaries for the idea) where any laws that counter the Second Amendment would not be enforced.

The fact that this law is being amended, at the same time when new confiscatory gun laws are going to be put forth, gives gun owners reason to be concerned. As always, laws like this will likely be adjudicated in court. As we are painfully aware, that can be a crapshoot. It is inevitable that this new law will somehow be tested via a court case.

One can understand how people might be concerned. For example, the firearms addendum is somewhat vague.

If a person has a license to carry and happens to be with one or two people and they are involved in a counter protest to something like an Antifa or BLM rally, based on this law, the Antifa thugs or BLM participants could say that someone exercising their Second Amendment rights “intimidated” them and that would result in them getting arrested.

The statute is ripe for abuse.

Are some being paranoid? Perhaps. But in 2019, anything goes. All it takes is a social justice warrior wearing a robe and you could easily see why some people are concerned.

Last Thursday, lawmakers in Virginia threatened to deploy the National Guard to enforce the strict gun legislation they’re pushing for if law enforcement officials refuse to do it themselves.

They said, “the law is the law.”

But apparently that’s a double standard in Virginia. Instead of focusing on what is and what isn’t against the law, it seems as though these lawmakers are only pushing to enforce rules that they believe are right.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Crap, I forgot that Highland hasn’t voted yet. So one county in the western half isn’t official. I’d be very surprised if they don’t join the resistance though.

I subscribe to the Recorder Online, The Monterey (Highland County)newspaper, was curious why they had not voted , and researched the newspaper and found this:

"In Highland County, supervisors will consider a Second Amendment sanctuary resolution on Jan. 7."

Perhaps thats when the next BOS meets?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
A little Nick Freitas for you. I keep liking this guy more and more. Ran a write in campaign and won, pretty damn impressive.

Culpeper BoS:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/YYtsuQXNMdg

What to do on Lobby Day:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Q2nhBL5rxOw

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sadly my county is pink on the map and got flipped from 5-4 R to 6-3 D, so the commie bastards are probably going to pass a resolution in January disaffirming 2A and Art 1 Sec 13 of VA Constitution.

Yeah. Loudoun County, the wealthiest county in the COUNTRY looks like an angry zit on that map.

And you know what? There is no industry, no manufacturing, and only few big businesses in Loudoun County. Most of the wealth comes from government-oriented work and sports teams.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

Yeah. Loudoun County, the wealthiest county in the COUNTRY looks like an angry zit on that map.

And you know what? There is no industry, no manufacturing, and only few big businesses in Loudoun County. Most of the wealth comes from government-oriented work and sports teams.

It once had a good farming industry. The history of LC is quite different from today.

The new industry is the Silicone Valley of data. A very large portion of all data for the country is housed in Ashburn. AWS is the biggest, but there are many. Drive down Waxpool and you can see where all the land has been taken over by data centers.

Manufacturing is not what LC specializes in. It's the suburbs to DC and filled with civil service, tech, and entrepreneurs.

Yes there are a ton of Redskins players as well as other pro athletes, but that's not what drives the wealth. The exotic car dealerships arent here to serve the 100 rich athletes that live in the county.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis