SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
Our bluff has been called and we are now exposed as harmless, spineless, nutless wonders. All that we've ever tried to project as strong, capable citizens willing to defend our rights is but one big monumental joke. We're nothing of that sort - it's but fantasy and these new laws prove it. The Dems have won...because we're afraid of being arrested, losing our jobs, and family, etc. - not willing to sacrifice anything at all. Our ancestors (some of them recently alive) gave/sacrificed all for WWII and those type of people were citizens. Not us, we're mere subjects of Democrat-party rule.

You're not helping yourself, or anyone else in VA with that attitude. If you're so quick to concede defeat, how are you supposed to weather it if all of this legislation actually passes?

Honestly, guys, posting this stuff after all the "it'll never happen here," and telling members who live in CA and other places with ridiculous gun laws to "just move," well... they've all toughed it out, you can too. Unless you just give up.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
^^Taking a deep breath here; I appreciate the work you put into keeping us at home in the loop on what was going on in the front line. The images of the Lt. Gov working the attendance lines and seeing youth, young men and women, seniors, and hopefully folks from all walks of life as the faces of good citizens, were actually encouraging.
I believe part of it is too many of the folks pushing this live in echo chambers of high rolling donors, etc. repeating the same lines. May they all see and hear us in this effort.

It is possible that the allegations against fairfax if false may be a pivotable shift for him. I know several candidates from the conservative side have talked to him about the 2a in the last few months. I don't know much other than he has the allegations against him, IIRC I believe He and CBS may have settled his suit recently.

On a side note, Tappannock town council voted to become a 2a sanctuary. Unaimously

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:
Our bluff has been called and we are now exposed as harmless, spineless, nutless wonders. All that we've ever tried to project as strong, capable citizens willing to defend our rights is but one big monumental joke. We're nothing of that sort - it's but fantasy and these new laws prove it. The Dems have won...because we're afraid of being arrested, losing our jobs, and family, etc. - not willing to sacrifice anything at all. Our ancestors (some of them recently alive) gave/sacrificed all for WWII and those type of people were citizens. Not us, we're mere subjects of Democrat-party rule.

You're not helping yourself, or anyone else in VA with that attitude. If you're so quick to concede defeat, how are you supposed to weather it if all of this legislation actually passes?

Honestly, guys, posting this stuff after all the "it'll never happen here," and telling members who live in CA and other places with ridiculous gun laws to "just move," well... they've all toughed it out, you can too. Unless you just give up.

I always thought it'd never happen here, then it was brought right to my front door step. Virginians battle is not just for Virginia, it's for everyone in all fifty states. I may be fighting for myself, but I am also fighting for my brethren in CA, MD, and NJ too. If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere. Texas watch out, you are being invaded as we speak.

This battle is not going to be won today, or next Monday. Some of this stuff is going to pass, it's not going to be won by a brilliant letter, a heartfelt phone call, or a huge showing for lobby day. All of these will help, but we are in a serious war, and only a few shots into the first battle. We need to keep up a maximum pressure attack on the enemy every single, day, week, month, and year until 2021, then we need to show up en masse at the polls Nov. 2021.

We can use all the help we can get in this fight, remember we are fighting for you too guys, this fight is for the entire country.

There will be victories and losses along the way, keep your head up, dig in, fight on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Fairfax BOS meeting that will be with open comments from the citizens is the 28th. Meeting tomorrow, but not showing open comments.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Virginians' battle is not just for Virginia, it's for everyone in all fifty states. I may be fighting for myself, but I am also fighting for my brethren in CA, MD, and NJ too. If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere.

{snip}

We need to keep up a maximum pressure attack on the enemy every single, day, week, month, and year until 2021, then we need to show up en masse at the polls Nov. 2021.

We can use all the help we can get in this fight, remember we are fighting for you too guys, this fight is for the entire country.

There will be victories and losses along the way, keep your head up, dig in, fight on.

Amen, brother.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
unless we have a political party that has more to offer than high-school jabs at those who are the enemies of decency and liberty, we have no hope for turning things around. . . .

There is no vision. No facts. Nothing. Just stupid, meaningless, juvenile retorts than will persuade exactly no one. . . .

It's time the Va GOP be taken over by adults. It's like some kiddie's twitter page.

Amen, brother. Amen.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
SteadyHand you can take that shit and take a hike.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
May I say, "Maybe we've beat on SteadyHand enough now... let's refocus on the task at hand."

- - - - - -
Meanwhile, Chris Muir beats on King Ralph a little more.

- - - - - -
ETA: link to original image: https://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/slaves/

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
May I say, "I think we've beat on SteadyHand enough. Let's refocus on the task at hand."

This for sure. He's on our team, even if he's lost his way for a moment. I was in the fuck it I'll move camp, screw that, I'm in the fuck it I'll fight camp now.

Here's a bit of distraction/inspiration. Thanks Victor.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/GSPTIuaoiSM

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember Marine Corps Lt Gen Chesty Puller ?

He fought in the Korean War. At the Battle of Chosin Reservoir he told his troops:

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
May I say, "Maybe we've beat on SteadyHand enough now... let's refocus on the task at hand."

And in closing may I say "speak for yourself, ShakeyKnees" as Para suggested.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zachariah would be pissed...just sayin'

“The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them.”
-Zachariah Johnson, Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 25, 1788

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's the spirit, SteadyHand! Welcome back! Big Grin

God bless America.

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
To my friends in VA, Don't you bastards give up. I left VA 1 year ago for AZ and currently have a bit of survivors guilt. I didn't leave because I didn't like VA, I just had a different course that life took me down. I never imagined 1 year ago this is where VA would be. I have immediate family and a large circle of friends still there. In addition to now being a AZCDL member, I have remained a VCDL member and even kicked a bit extra recently. If it were in the cards I would be in Richmond on the 20th, my half century birthday even, standing arm in arm with all of you.

Now is not the time for infighting. For many years I read people say "Just move out of California/Maryland/Massachusetts/Shittygunlawville", and I never said anything. I should have, we should have. We all should have taken up the flag when it fell and kept running. But some of us didn't. So weather or not we did or didn't, now we have seen that eben in a state considered great for 2A rights, it can happen. No sense in trying for 20/20 hindsight, it's just to late for that. Now is the time stand side by side and pick up the flag that fell in CA/MD/MA/SGV. Now is the time to use the events to reverse the trend.

The tide can turn in VA and rise in other places and sooner rather than later there won't be a place called Shittygunlawville.

quote:
Never take counsel of your fears.

~ Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson ~

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Take Heart! Even though the larger media venues are providing very little coverage there are still things happening. This meeting took place in Culpeper on Sat. There were several speakers including Phillip Van Cleave, Sheriff Scott Jenkins, and Delegate John McGuire. Something over 500 people showed up and stood in the rain to hear the speakers and attend an invocation at the very site where in 1775 350 men gathered and formed the Culpeper Minutemen. Believe me, the Dems noticed.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Virginians' battle is not just for Virginia, it's for everyone in all fifty states. I may be fighting for myself, but I am also fighting for my brethren in CA, MD, and NJ too. If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere.

{snip}

We need to keep up a maximum pressure attack on the enemy every single, day, week, month, and year until 2021, then we need to show up en masse at the polls Nov. 2021.

Amen, brother.

Well said!

Everyone can do something. I can’t be in Richmond Monday but you can donate money to VCDL to pay for someone’s seat on one of the buses. That money was well spent.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Don't let em have it VA! You have the backing of all the good guys. Sic semper Tyrannis

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well I procrastinated on booking a hotel room, so I will be waking up very early to drive down. Figured I could find something in Gochland, or Ashland, or Petersburg, or something off 95 somewhere. Nope. Then I figured oh I'll go down to Hampton and visit my Mom over the weekend, nope. Then I tried searching the ENTIRE state of Virginia, could not find a single hotel in the whole state.

Wow.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
I put a little survey together to better gauge the current climate. It should take under 1 min.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PYZTVH8

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post