SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Look at the democrat behind Nick Freitas. She is holding a piece of paper and of course it says “hate” really big on it....that’s all that party has.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From VCDL:

The following six localities became sanctuaries tonight, making the total 101!:

Franklin County - Unanimous, 400+ in middle of the work day
Mathews County - Unanimous, 500+ in middle of the work day
Prince Edward County - 4 to 3, 550+, voted down a weaker resolution and passed a stronger one!
Stafford County - Unanimous, 3,000+
Town of Vinton - 4 to 1, 60+
York County - 4 to 1, 800+

https://mailchi.mp/692b658f751...tuaries?e=97fe860a1e

Posts: 12578 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a little perspective (within roundoff)

Stafford 3,000 + ( 2% of population)
population 129,000

King George 400 (2% of population)
population 24,000

These are big turn outs

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the energy that will exist when Trump has a rally in Virginia?? I bet it's gonna be AWESOME!!!

KAG 2020

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tim Pool's take on it. He has zero knowledge of guns, ignore that part it's not important. Listen to overall message.

I've posted this article a couple of times already, worth the read. Minority growth in Northern Virginia to bring major changes to the region. Virginia is losing its identity and the amount of immigration and carpetbaggers are not allowing for integration. Melting pot doesn't work if you put in so many ingredients it puts out the fire.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Lry4N78CCWI

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Lt. Gov Fairfax says we need to have a “thoughtful and respectful discussion” about all the reasons he’ll ignore the Constitution in order to insure all future victims of his sexual assaults will be unarmed.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/566282581.html

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
While we're at it, all men should have their penis removed to prevent rape.

The ignorance with this guy is stunning. The people have spoken in unprecedented numbers and in an unprecedented way. I didn't think Americans still had this "rebelliousness" within them, let alone the will/balls to do something about it. It's honestly refreshing to see true Patriots become so passionate about our God given rights. This thread makes me smile every time I open it.

We're all Virginians Dammit!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
From VCDL:

The following six localities became sanctuaries tonight, making the total 101!:

Franklin County - Unanimous, 400+ in middle of the work day
Mathews County - Unanimous, 500+ in middle of the work day
Prince Edward County - 4 to 3, 550+, voted down a weaker resolution and passed a stronger one!
Stafford County - Unanimous, 3,000+
Town of Vinton - 4 to 1, 60+
York County - 4 to 1, 800+

https://mailchi.mp/692b658f751...tuaries?e=97fe860a1e

I am glad the small town of Vinton,Va put their neighbor, The city of Roanoke, to shame.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
In one week a good friend of mine saw Northam defend his moronic idea of disarming law abiding citizens AND float an idea that would effectively kill my friends business. He inspects vehicles for a living and has a repair shop (state inspections is primarily what my friend does) well Northam just floated getting rid of the $16 vehicle inspection in favor of a $68+ gas tax.

Under the guise of being fair and helpful Northam is fucking Virginians and for those too stupid to look into it he is actually going to take more money from their pockets. This is the democrat way. Tax, spend and ban all the dangerous things.

I am so sick of the democrat party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Plus he’s looking to steal an extra $92 million from us for “affordable housing” which is really intended as a giveaway for all the refugees he’s begging to come to VA. That’s right, you’ll pay to house the people you’ll be helpless to defend yourself against under this commie asshole’s plan.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Can you imagine the energy that will exist when Trump has a rally in Virginia?? I bet it's gonna be AWESOME!!!

KAG 2020

Curious. If the "impeach circus" was not in every-town, how much more might this be in the news?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

KAG 2020

Curious. If the "impeach circus" was not in every-town, how much more might this be in the news?

That's it! The impeachment dog and pony show is a ploy to distract those asleep from the real Constitutional crisis. Jan. 1, I send Mr. Trump another contribution and see if I can make the meeting in my county for sanctuary status.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

KAG 2020

The news media is still waiting to get their spin from Bloomberg and Soros before they print "their" interpretation of the racism and bigotry that is going on in deplorable land outside the major metro areas of South New Jersey (i.e. NOVA).

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
One of my cousins lives in Charlottesville, which is in Albemarle County--one of 2 "pink" counties in that map. It's appropriate for her, though--she's somewhere to the left of Teddy Kennedy, and her husband and children aren't much better. (She thinks I'm to the right of Genghis Khan . . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
With all due respect she is a stupid c*nt and her police force just banned a car based on their feels.

They are the minority

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Lt. Gov Fairfax says we need to have a “thoughtful and respectful discussion” about all the reasons he’ll ignore the Constitution in order to insure all future victims of his sexual assaults will be unarmed.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/566282581.html

Of course. If you are going to rape someone, wouldn't you want to make sure they were unarmed.

Justin Fairfax’s Victims Say He’s a Manipulative Sexual Predator
https://www.thecut.com/2019/04...ls-alleged-rape.html

Virginia's tripartite is quite a group.

Governor Coon Man
Lt Gov Sex Predator
Attorney General Black Face

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Okay, now that I’ve had a couple of days to think on Monday’s meeting in Montgomery County, I’m having some fresh thoughts.

Monday night brought out a lot of people fueled by emotion – people bringing up the shooting at Virginia Tech, the shooting at New River Community College, the murders at Caldwell Fields, and the killings of a security guard and a sheriff’s deputy, all very harsh events in this area’s recent history. They spoke on the horrors of shootings, their desire for background checks, and the need for “common sense gun control legislation.”

Monday also brought out a number of people lecturing the board of supervisors about the intent of the Second Amendment, the trials and tribulations of our ancestors, and the insanity of the proposed laws. Many spoke on their desire and duty to protect their families, their families’ military service, the behavioral failures of recent society, and the [often geographic] inability of law enforcement to “be there” quickly enough when something bad happens.

Both sides offered their viewpoints, and each side had a crackpot or two. Statistically, I suppose that’s the nature of it.

But what I’ve realized is that the lectures given weren’t answers to the real question in front of the board. The board’s primary question for the night was essentially, “should the county pass a resolution supporting the Second Amendment and making the county a Second Amendment sanctuary?”

Having had some time now to think about the meeting, I realize that nobody who spoke (at least those who spoke before 12:30am) addressed the economic problems associated with the proposed laws.

I wish now that I had realized this earlier and gotten on the list for an opportunity to speak.

The reality I’m seeing now is that the county is, in many ways, a business. A business needs revenue in order to survive. If these onerous new laws passed and all [or most of] the gun owners in the county were suddenly felons, prosecuted and jailed, the county would go bankrupt. No longer would the good people – those who get up each morning and go to work, earn a paycheck, spend that paycheck, pay their county taxes – be part of a functioning economy. Being in jail, they would not be generating any [tax] revenue for the county; further, they would be a cost to the county (three hots and a cot, right?). I suppose the lawyers would make some money, but I don’t think the county could function purely on the tax revenue drawn from only the lawyers in town. (Those who weren’t also arrested and prosecuted under the new laws, that is).

So from a black-and-white, non-emotional, business standpoint, any county [locality] that doesn’t fight these draconian proposals is essentially begging for its own economic failure.

I wish someone had pointed that out to the board last Monday. Not only is it the members’ duty to uphold the oaths they took, but it’s their duty to look out for the business interests of the county. Failure to protect its citizens from arrest and prosecution would lead to the financial ruin of the county, and allowing it to happen would be a dereliction of duty.

Now take that logic outside county lines and apply it to the entire state. The same logic applies! Take away the good revenue-generating people, and the state won’t have the funds it needs to continue its existence.

Most things in life are a business, one way or another. Your household is a business. The county is a business. The state (commonwealth) is a business. Allowing these laws to take hold is bad business (particularly for the gun shop and range owners), in addition to being an infringement on our rights.

Back to the question: should the county pass this resolution? It had better, if it wants to stay in business.

Am I wrong?

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
vthoky,

I don't remember a shooting at NRCC? Tried googling it, nothing came up.

Second, as far as the question at hand. Should county affirm the Second Amendment and/or should they pass an resolution rebuking or refusing to enforce laws that violate the 2A or VA Constitution. The other side is not arguing that at all. They are arguing that bad shit is the result of guns and they don't like being sad when bad shit happens so they want to ban one of the many instruments of bad things happening.

The thing that they are forgetting is that bad people will not stop being bad based on whatever laws GA passes. These laws only affect people that follow the law. Money, legislation, Navy Seals, Superman, or Jesus can't get rid of people that don't follow the law. How about they focus on locking up the people that are harming people, and leaving he law abiding people along?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hey, Skins. The NRCC shooting is an interesting thing, for sure. I haven't researched it any, so I wasn't aware that Googling it wouldn't bring any info. I can't put my finger on a specific date right now, but the basics of it are this: NRCC has an off-campus site at New River Valley Mall. Several years ago a kid wandered into the mall site and popped off a few rounds. If I remember correctly, at least one person was killed. The odd thing (to me) is that the case all but disappeared after the kid was arrested. Normally something like this is in the news for a good long time, and this particular case just seems to have vanished. (Probably why we can't learn much about it right now.) Honestly, I'm WAY curious why/how that case disappeared.

I don't disagree with your statement about the other side arguing that bad shit is the result of guns. Not a bit. However, the people on the other side at Monday's meeting here were arguing that the county should not pass the resolution, claiming that the idea of "sanctuary" leads to the belief that the area would be a safe haven for those who would commit crimes with guns. That's why Montgomery County got a watered-down version of the resolution that does not include the word "sanctuary" (Resolution B) as opposed to Resolution A which did include the word.

And yes, several people at the meeting did mention that bad people won't stop being bad people just because the jerks in the legislature pass some new laws, and at least one did mention that the efforts should be put toward dealing with the bad guys rather than making bad guys out of good guys.

- - - - -

ETA: Thanks to your response, Skins, I've learned a little tonight.
* Event took place in April 2013
* two wounded, none killed
* shooter sentenced just two months later to 38 years
* links: here and here .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
To show you what 2A supporters are up against, this week's edition of our local newspaper had a "man on the street" poll....Do you feel guns should be registered?

I could not believe it, when all 5 people said "Yes", these were a cross section of people, young,old,female,male, black ,white.

One person stated, it would guns out the hands of felons..

Hey, that's a good idea !

Ask ( if you know any...... Holocaust survivors, if gun registration is a good thing.
And no doubt, some will say the Holocaust can't happen here.I

And this poll was conducted in a conservative area !

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post