SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from VCDL which has a parody of the Tom Petty’s song “Won’t Back Down” used with permission of course and thought you might like to hear it..

https://soundcloud.com/user262...-back-down-virginans

We’re getting ready to go to our BOS meeting in Franklin County this afternoon. Hopefully I’ll have some good news to report on later this afternoon.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Some VA political hacks want to mobilize the National Guard in VA to enforce the coming gun bans in a LEO capacity.

https://wset.com/news/at-the-c...ional-guard-responds

If I'm reading between the lines, I can't tell which side of the fence this General is on, or if he even cares. I understand the requirements of his position in this regard, but is he sending a signal one way or the other in this piece ? He sounds like a 2A person, but I can't tell for sure, nor how far he would go before he would tell the politicians in Richmond to pound sand when the Governor orders him to go door to door hunting for previously legal guns. VA has citizens who would start a gunfight with the National Guard. They would say FU and start shooting. For many citizens in VA it's more or less that simple. I hope this shit backfires big time on the Governor and State houses.

I read that "statement" and my first thought was, "Damn, another political POS that does not have the guts or integrity to stand up for what is blatantly RIGHT!"

But then, how many of our flag grade officers (reserves, guards, active duty) have the balls to stand up and speak against blatantly anti-American crap like this going on in Virginia?

Remember how many of them were put in place by the previous administration.

Serving general officers cannot become arbiters of public policy. If the Adjutant General were to enter the discussion on one side or the other of the argument it would be cause for removal. His means of resistance is to resign. From what I can see, the talk of using the National Guard to enforce civilian law is just coming from loudmouthed idiots revealing their pipe dreams, but is not going anywhere.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
My local news is just mentioned that Montgomery County approved a 2A sanctuary resolution last night. Cool

Lt. governor Justin Fairfax appears to be toeing the Dem line, stating that the sanctuary push doesn't change his mind about further gun control. Roll Eyes

Even mentioning as you stated earlier..."Common sense gun laws"...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the odds (or word on the street) that Virginia Dems concede and they DO place a grandfather clause in to allow our currently owned firearms and hi-cap mags?

I ask, because maybe it would be prudent to order a pallet of 15rd mags for my Berettas/Glocks...??

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
What are the odds (or word on the street) that Virginia Dems concede and they DO place a grandfather clause in to allow our currently owned firearms and hi-cap mags?

I ask, because maybe it would be prudent to order a pallet of 15rd mags for my Berettas/Glocks...??

The language about pistols is rather vague at this time. As for a grandfather clause, they’ve already offered that BUT you have to register everything they currently deem evil. As for myself and everyone else I know, we’ve told them, “No deal. Fuck off.”

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

The language about pistols is rather vague at this time. As for a grandfather clause, they’ve already offered that BUT you have to register everything they currently deem evil. As for myself and everyone else I know, we’ve told them, “No deal. Fuck off.”

Yup. They want a war, give it to them not give in.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

I don't think any of us are willing to compromise. We will accept no restrictions.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
They want to register existing items and grandfather them!?! Great idea! Then they know what’s out there. What could possibly go wrong later?

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the VA politicians think the people in VA are the same as NY and will accept those "common sense" gun control measures. Everyone ive talked to isn't.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
There is nothing "common sense" about subverting our inherent rights. It has gone on for far too long and not just regarding the right to keep and bear arms.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Worth your time

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in going down there for Lobby Day to show support (I'm behind enemy lines in NJ). I'm contacting members in my club to see if anyone else is interested.

I'm really hoping that this movement continues to spread and gain strength. At some point down the road, I'd like to see it evolve from "Hell no, we're not accepting any more restrictions" to "Not only do we reject more restrictions, we're taking back some lost ground!".

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Come on down! I want there to be so many pro 2nd people that the Capitol looks like a rock concert.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It makes sense to not comply with such garbage Liberal laws (and keep my soon-to-be "illegal" full capacity mags)…however, at some point, like other states, no one will ship in those regular mags.

I suppose it's prudent to purchase a lifetime supply of regular capacity mags now (guessing ~$1,500 worth) and just keep most of them in a box in the attic.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good comment. Agree that the Natl Guard AG did the right thing keeping his mouth shut for the most part.

I also like that in cases when they are challenged, the Dems will always tell you what their ultimate goal is: in this case totalitarian rule enoforced by military force, which is easier to accomplish if the populace has been disarmed.

The old adage has never been more true: "Gun Control" isn't about guns, its about control.

quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Some VA political hacks want to mobilize the National Guard in VA to enforce the coming gun bans in a LEO capacity.

If I'm reading between the lines, I can't tell which side of the fence this General is on, or if he even cares. I understand the requirements of his position in this regard, but is he sending a signal one way or the other in this piece ? He sounds like a 2A person, but I can't tell for sure, nor how far he would go before he would tell the politicians in Richmond to pound sand when the Governor orders him to go door to door hunting for previously legal guns. VA has citizens who would start a gunfight with the National Guard. They would say FU and start shooting. For many citizens in VA it's more or less that simple. I hope this shit backfires big time on the Governor and State houses.

I read that "statement" and my first thought was, "Damn, another political POS that does not have the guts or integrity to stand up for what is blatantly RIGHT!"

But then, how many of our flag grade officers (reserves, guards, active duty) have the balls to stand up and speak against blatantly anti-American crap like this going on in Virginia?

Remember how many of them were put in place by the previous administration.

Serving general officers cannot become arbiters of public policy. If the Adjutant General were to enter the discussion on one side or the other of the argument it would be cause for removal. His means of resistance is to resign. From what I can see, the talk of using the National Guard to enforce civilian law is just coming from loudmouthed idiots revealing their pipe dreams, but is not going anywhere.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose it's prudent to purchase a lifetime supply of regular capacity mags now (guessing ~$1,500 worth) and just keep most of them in a box in the attic.

I’m sure you mean add $1500 worth in addition to current stock...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Franklin county joined the resistance. The entire western half of the state has told Coonman to pound sand!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

I do mean to add that many, so long as the grandfather clause is realistic. Without grandfathering, then I'd be wasting that money and risk a class 6 felony if caught...has any state ever 'not' grandfathered existing mags when they switched to 10-round limits?

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

I do mean to add that many, so long as the grandfather clause is realistic. Without grandfathering, then I'd be wasting that money and risk a class 6 felony if caught...has any state ever 'not' grandfathered existing mags when they switched to 10-round limits?

Yes, New Jersey.

Btw, I’m not sure why you’d even consider abiding by these unjust laws.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, what does the map look like now? What's the count?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post