SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
yes the petition process is quite formal.

I am campaigning for Daniel Gade for U.S. senator for Virginia.

There are three big steps to get there

1 . Get 10,000 petition signatures for Gade to be on the Rep primary ballot

10,000 by 26 Mar 2020

Do you have 10,000 yet? I'd be glad to meet you somewhere to give you mine.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have 10,000 yet?

No we are really just beginning. You are not allowed to start getting signatures until 1 Jan 2020. You must get them all by 26 Mar 2020

That's about 12 weeks.

This is a big hurdle for first time politicians w no state wide infrastructure. I am getting a lesson in how important money is in a political campaign.

vthoky: Will send email

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
sdy please email me as well. I’d be happy to sign.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I'd also be happy to sign.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
2017 VA Gov election

Northam(D) 1,409,175
Gillespie(R) 1,175,731
Hyra(L) 27,987
write in 1389

total votes 2,614,282

2,614,282 out of 5,502,993 registered/eligible voters in Virginia in 2017. 48% of registered voters cast votes in the gubernatorial race in Virginia 2017.

Source:
Commonwealth of Virginia
State Board of Elections
Registrant Counts By Locality
Voters registered as of 12/1/2017
All Localities
Registered Voters
Active --- Inactive --- All
5,134,717 368,276 5,502,993

“Inactive” voters are eligible to vote if they re-register, or if they appear at the polls (or apply to vote absentee) and confirm that they have not moved (or have moved, but within the same locality and congressional district)

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The Town of Culpeper is a Constitutional Town by a vote of 6 to 2.

About 80 people showed up, of which, about 75% were there for the 2A resolution. About a dozen people spoke. Two were against, the rest were in favor.

Stuff It Northam!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Davidson County, North Carolina voted tonight 7-0 in favor of declaring Davidson County a Second Amendment Protected County.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Davidson County, North Carolina voted tonight 7-0 in favor of declaring Davidson County a Second Amendment Protected County.

Excellent.

I didn't know NC was having to go through this too.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

Excellent.

I didn't know NC was having to go through this too.

They don't, yet. But cancer can spread if its not taken care of early.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Just in time for Lobby Day on January 20, an event that has happened every year for years on end without any hint of incident to date. Governor Northam is absolutely unhinged. I'm not even sure he has the authority to do this:

https://wtkr.com/2020/01/14/go...rom-capitol-grounds/

quote:

Gov. Northam to declare temporary emergency banning all weapons from Capitol grounds

(AP) – Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam plans to declare a temporary emergency Wednesday banning all weapons, including guns, from Capitol Square ahead of a massive rally planned next week over gun rights.

Virginia State Capitol in Richmond, Virginia, USA.

That’s according to two state officials who were briefed on the plans but not authorized to speak publicly about them.

One official says the Democratic governor plans to announce the plans at a news conference Wednesday afternoon because of credible threats of potential violence and extremism.

The planned announcement comes days after lawmakers voted to ban firearms at the Capitol, saying the move was needed to protect public safety.

AP reports Friday’s ban did not include Capitol grounds, which are under the governor’s control.

The governor’s declaration will also reportedly ban items like helmets and shields, which are what some white nationalists carried in the Charlottesville protest in 2017.

It is unknown how long the temporary ban will be in effect.

Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Micropterus,

VCDL just stated they had attorneys ready to fight that but they need to wait until he releases an actual statement/ban.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Creditable threat my ass. He's just trying to silence us. Makes me want to come with an AR slung across my back and stand right outside of whatever imaginary line he wants to draw.

Fucking tyrant.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Not only is Northam a lying, conniving, racist prick, but he's a fucking scaredy-cat, as well. He's just fine with bulking up his personal protective detail, but is adamant about disarming the rest of us. This is EXACTLY the kind of attitude and behavior that caused us to toss King George III on his ass.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
He is hoping that he can convince us not to come and all he is doing is strengthening our resolve.

Skins, I like the way you’re thinking. Wink. Maybe set up perimeter security for the group.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Remember Gents- According to arbitrary state law one cannot legally carry a rifle with a magazine larger than 20 rounds (because...you know...that lack of 10rds made all the difference to the original design) unless you have a chp. Then of course drive on.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Portsmouth and Hopewell voted to become 2nd Amendment sanctuary cities. PORTSMOUTH AND HOPEWELL! Two ultra-Democrat cities. One of Portsmouth's councilmen came to the meeting wearing an AR15 across his chest. When Democrats lose Portsmouth and Hopewell, they've lost big time.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A tyrant getting 'scared' and declaring an 'emergency' for 'safety'.

Hmmm, we have seen this over and over throughout history...

Fucking Gov Blackface is scared.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa!! P-town is a 2A sanctuary?! Eek I cannot believe Portsmouth did it!

Cmon Norfolk what’s the hold up?

I love that Davidson County NC joined the good fight. I ride my motorcycle in Davidson County all the time. I’d actually been considering buying land there and changing my auto registration to that county to avoid my counties idiotic emissions testing. (Eventually I’m going to get something fun to drive/modify and cannot be bothered with malarkey like emission testing) Now that I know good people who support the 2A live there I want to buy land there even more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I love that Davidson County NC joined the good fight. {snip} Now that I know good people who support the 2A live there I want to buy land there even more!

[thread drift] My family is after me to move to NC, totally unrelated to the nutty events going on in Richmond. Maybe Davidson County is a place to look at [eventually]. [/thread drift... Back to the fight!]

God bless America.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Its not even remotely a handicapped friendly event so I'm unable to attend, but if I could I'd bring my AR-15 SBR with a suppressor and a 100 round drum magazine!

Triple fuck offs be given to the tyrant.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post