SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^
HA! you beat me to it...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Prince Michele Vineyard. Dan Gade has my full support and judging by the turnout, quite a few others. Great guy.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a number of places where this might get posted, but I am putting it here since our DEM tyrants want to disarm us in Virginia.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ttacks-corona-virus/

California gun sales are surging as Asian Americans arm up to defend themselves, should they be targeted by people angry over the existence of the Corona virus.

CBS LA reports that gun stores in San Gabriel Valley are seeing gun sales skyrocket. Stores such as Arcadia Firearm & Safety are seeing “10 times” as many customers as usual, and store owner David Liu says it is because of fears caused by the Corona virus.

He said, “Because of Corona virus, a lot of people start to worry.” But he added, “If you’re prepared, you’re not afraid.”

The area is home to a large population of Asian Americans, many of whom are now seeking a firearm in order to be able to defend themselves in the event of an attack.

Resident David Lim said he just bought a gun for his wife, and fears the virus will eventually lead to social unrest.

On March 6, 2020, Breitbart News reported that ammo sales around the country were surging as people tried to get prepared in case of a social collapse.

At that time, PR Newswire reported online ammunition retailer Ammo.com had seen a 410 percent in .40 caliber handgun ammo sales since February 23, 2020. They saw a 194 percent increase in .223 (AR-15 ammo) sales, 101 percent increase in 9mm ammo sales, and a 95 percent increase in the sale of 12 gauge shells.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's one district over, but I got mail from a challenger to Jennifer Wexton's US House seat; Jeff Dove. I liked what I read. Waiting to get something from our challenger to Don Beyer though.

Thanks, sdy for that note on ammo as I'd planned a trip to pick up a few rounds Friday of 9mm. Maybe I'll make that stop tomorrow instead.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'd like to interrupt this thread for just a moment to say thank you to stickman for initiating it, to sdy and so many others for contributing to it, and to all have participated in it to keep Virginians and SF members aware.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks man. Hopefully we see the same level of energy in November. Dems overplayed their hand on guns. I cannot understand how they thought it was a good idea to immediately start infringing on liberty as soon as possible.

A democrat friend of mine in Virginia just shot me a text inquiring about which type of shotgun he should get while he still can. Roll Eyes shame the party can’t just abandon their infuriatingly moronic stance on the 2A.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Thanks man. Hopefully we see the same level of energy in November. Dems overplayed their hand on guns. I cannot understand how they thought it was a good idea to immediately start infringing on liberty as soon as possible.

A democrat friend of mine in Virginia just shot me a text inquiring about which type of shotgun he should get while he still can. Roll Eyes shame the party can’t just abandon their infuriatingly moronic stance on the 2A.

Of course the Viriginia Democrats campaign against gun owners is our main focus here, but their introduction and passing of many other bills has inflamed many Virginia voters.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
The Dems, not only pushed against Gun owners, they pushed against religious groups, History, tax payers, and anyone else they could find to piss off. I really hope the people remember this.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
The Dems, not only pushed against Gun owners, they pushed against religious groups, History, tax payers, and anyone else they could find to piss off. I really hope the people remember this.

I hope so as well and it seems almost unavoidable as much of what they have passed will constantly suck. Many areas will see a steady increase in gas tax. This alone will keep a lot of folks pissed off. I will do my part in telling every single person I know who bitches about it to thank a democrat.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really hope the people remember this.

The most important thing we can all do - keep reminding your circle of friends & relatives of what the DEMs are doing in Virginia.

Staying just below the level of "pissing them off", keep reminding them to vote in Nov 2020. And keep confirming that people are registered to vote.

Maybe not something that all will adopt, but I am gradually heating up the dialog w people who are DEMs.

DEMs have become tyrants in the literal sense. I have less and less interest in compromise but by pointing out the obvious, you can make some DEM voters uncomfortable.

Winning the coming elections in Virginia will come from two thrusts:

- turn out REP/conservative voters
- discourage DEM voters by giving them a big dose of truth & reality

edit: in tune w thunderson

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Delegates in the 7th Congressional District, candidate Andrew Knaggs still has several meet and greets scheduled before the delegate convention.

Goochland County Candidates Forum
March 12, 2020
7:00 PM
Goochland High School
3250 River Rd West, Goochland, VA

Nottoway Shooting Range Meet and Greet
March 15, 2020
4:00 PM
Nottoway Wildlife Association Range
1946 Jenningstown Rd, Crewe, VA

Nottoway/Amelia County Forum
March 24, 2020
7:00 PM
Nottoway High School
5267 Old Nottoway Rd, Crewe VA

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

The most important thing we can all do - keep reminding your circle of friends & relatives of what the DEMs are doing in Virginia.

Staying just below the level of "pissing them off", keep reminding them to vote in Nov 2020. And keep confirming that people are registered to vote.

Maybe not something that all will adopt, but I am gradually heating up the dialog w people who are DEMs.

DEMs have become tyrants in the literal sense. I have less and less interest in compromise but by pointing out the obvious, you can make some DEM voters uncomfortable.

I stole this from the VCDL Page but it is so true it's not funny.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

I stole this from the VCDL Page but it is so true it's not funny.

This gets repeated constantly by people who don't seem to understand the reality of how things are and it's overly simplistic in the extreme.

People in politics are CORRUPT. I'm speaking generally here but we're talking about the overwhelming majority. I don't care if they have a D or R after their name, they're CORRUPT. Laws don't apply to them, they enrich themselves and their first and last thought is how to move up the ladder and acquire more power. Fuck the people they pretend to serve.

If they're running for any type of office and have any meaningful support behind them in terms of money and influence, they're most likely corrupt. And if they're one of the few that are not corrupt, they're either forced to sell out or get crushed by the system that can't allow their type inside (hence the barrage of attacks against the President).

Many people out there are no longer fooled, like so many still seem to be, and they're discouraged. That's why they're not voting.

Aside from anomalies like Trump, your vote doesn't mean shit. How many times can you possibly be fooled by these roaches?

The truth is that we'll never vote ourselves back to how things should be. NEVER.

Once Trump is out of office, things will go right back to they way they've been.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:

Agreed. Let's keep this thread alive, so as to keep our attention on it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And for those of us in the Virginia Shooting Sports Assn., this little item is on the latest blog page. The assn. will receive a bit of the funds from the sales of these shirts.

https://virginiashootingsports...g+Sports+Association)

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"This gets repeated constantly by people who don't seem to understand the reality of how things are and it's overly simplistic in the extreme."

DEMs love that message. Give up REPs. There is no hope. Sorry, I'll pass.

"Many people out there are no longer fooled, like so many still seem to be, and they're discouraged. That's why they're not voting"

so you don't see any diff between DEMs running Virginia compared to REPs running Virginia?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So we want to change things in Virginia (at least some of us do)

Look back at 2017 election where Northam got elected

2017 NBC exit polls

Male voters 51%
Female Voters 49%

Male voters: 48% for Northam, 50% for Gillespie

Female voters: 61% for Northam, 39% for Gillespie

So one thing men (and women) can do is talk to the ladies you know about politics. Not in an argumentative way, but point out the bad effects of what DEMs are doing in the country and our state.

Don't make it an overwhelming all inclusive argument. Pick 2 or 3 important items and clearly explain why the DEM policies are so damaging to our individual liberties. Liberties of men and women.

Don't assume you will win the battle for everyone. Don' assume you will win the battle w just one exchange.

Try not to make it an argument. Make it a conversation.

Some thoughts for the day

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
It took me 25 years to get my wife to see the light. My suggestion is to find the hot buttons she has and find how the Dems are against it and the Republicans support it. It’s the only thing that worked for me. Once we got past that hurdle she figured out the rest on her own.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just musing out loud; I wonder if anyone involved in the push to enact the statues Bloomberg paid for in Richmond are now worried about their security in the pandemic, and thinking to themselves "maybe I should get a Glock", drive over to Green Top or another dealer only to find them out of stock and no ammo?

I can dream, can't I?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Another note on Daniel Gade

He had just recently started a state wide tour for small local "meet & greet" sessions. Normally these were in restaurants.

He has suspended these sessions because of the coronavirus related guidance to avoid holding group meetings at least for the next few weeks.

But to fill that gap, Daniel Gade is doing 3x a week Facebook sessions. He talks in real time, you can send him questions, and he answers them on the fly.

They are held here:

https://www.facebook.com/GadeForVirginia/

older videos are on this Facebook page.

So if you want to learn about Gade, and hear his thoughts, visit the above page.

He plans on doing these Mon, Wed, Fri typically around 6pm.

One person asked him "What can we do to help you?" .

His answer was to send texts, emails, and phone calls to people you know. Let them know why you support him. The race is on to get him much more state wide recognition before the 9 June 2020 REP primary.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edit:

There will be a session today (18 Mar 2020) 6pm to 630pm

Daniel Gade:

Please join me TODAY from 6:00pm to 6:30pm for a Facebook Town Hall to voice your concerns about our current lack of leadership in the US Senate! Please submit question at info@gadeforvirginia.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
^^ Just posted to a 2A page I'm on.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post