SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
My family moved West from the Shenandoah Valley long ago. I have never been to Virginia. But I can see how it is over run with North Eastern Liberals. So sad. Confused

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
City of Staunton gun owners, if you are displeased about how our City Council killed a 2A sanctuary resolution, your chance to fix the problem is coming up real soon. On May 5, four of the seven Staunton City Council seats are up for election, to serve four-year terms starting on July 1. With the right votes, we can flip the City Council our way.

Vote for Andrea Oakes, Steve Claffey, Mark Robertson, and Amy Darby. If they are elected, there is a good chance that the Council will pass a 2A sanctuary resolution. Even more important, it probably won’t pass any local restrictions on carrying a gun in our city, which it will have the power to do after July 1, thanks to SB35/HB421. We all know what the current lineup at City Hall will do, if they are still in office on July 1.

Four incumbents are up for re-election. Of the four, only Andrea Oakes spoke in favor of the City Council holding a special 2A hearing. Ophie Kier, Erik Curren and James Harrington voted to keep a 2A sanctuary resolution off the City Council agenda, despite requests from many Staunton residents in favor of a 2A sanctuary resolution.

Of the four non-incumbent candidates, three have conservative credentials, and two of them have indicated they are pro-gun. Mark Robertson had a meet-and-greet at Nuckols Gun Works. Stephen Claffey said on his candidate FB page that he is “pro Constitution and pro Right to Bear Arms. I think the City Council failed to hear all of their citizens by banning an open hearing.” Amy Darby was a former conservative member of the school board, and ran for City Council in 2018.

This election will have a light turnout, so every vote counts A LOT. Get all your friends and neighbors in the City to vote for the pro-gun candidates!

Please reply if you are a Staunton resident reading this page. Any insights you can provide will be helpful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JackBlundell,

Posts: 311 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Andrew Knaggs, 7th District Republican contender, send this out:

Please join me Monday, March 23rd at 7:00 PM on Facebook Live! I will discuss my campaign, the Wuhan coronavirus and any updates we know on the 7th District Convention. Bring your questions, because I'll be ready to answer those too! Looking forward to hearing from you! My Facebook page is @AndrewKnaggsVA.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a matter related to the Virginia REP primary for the U.S. Senate seat:

Omari Faulkner is one of the people trying to get on the REP primary ballot for the 9 Jun 2020 election.

He is running for the senate seat and thus needs 10,000 signatures to get on the ballot. Or so we thought.

Faulkner only got 3,769 signatures. He only got 400 signatures in 2 of the 11 congressional districts.

But he filed a complaint to the court that he could have gotten the required number of signatures but when the virus pandemic hit a few weeks ago, he could not collect more signatures.

His complaint said if he wasn't on the primary ballot, his constitutional rights to free speech and free association would be violated.

Judge Reilly Marchant agreed with the complaint.

Marchant’s order lowers the ballot threshold from its usual 10,000 signatures down to 3,500, just below the number collected by Faulkner, according to his complaint filed Monday.

The order applies the new standard to all six candidates currently in the running for the Republican nomination for the Senate seat. The 3,500-signature threshold was requested by Faulkner and, according to the ruling, was not opposed by the Virginia Republican Party or the state’s Board of Elections, which were both defendants in the suit.

https://www.courthousenews.com...rules-amid-pandemic/

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How far West? Far enough that your getting over run by California liberals?

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Bridger:
My family moved West from the Shenandoah Valley long ago. I have never been to Virginia. But I can see how it is over run with North Eastern Liberals. So sad. Confused

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We finally have clarity re the candidates in the REP primary for the U.S. senate seat.

Three people will be on the REP primary ballot

Daniel Gade
Thomas Speciale
Alissa Baldwin

Omari Faulkner got a court order to drop the requirement from 10,000 to 3,500 signatures.

Faulkner submitted about 3,700 signatures, but after review, enough of those were rejected that he fell below 3,500.

Faulkner has ended his campaign.

The reduction of the requirement to 3500 allowed Alissa Baldwin to qualify.

The primary date is still 9 June 2020. No one is sure how that will happen with the coronavirus lock down.

Take a look at them, and I think you will see Daniel Gade is by far the best candidate for us to vote for in the REP primary

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We finally have clarity re the candidates in the REP primary for the U.S. senate seat.

Three people will be on the REP primary ballot

Daniel Gade
Thomas Speciale
Alissa Baldwin

Omari Faulkner got a court order to drop the requirement from 10,000 to 3,500 signatures.

Faulkner submitted about 3,700 signatures, but after review, enough of those were rejected that he fell below 3,500.

Faulkner has ended his campaign.

The reduction of the requirement to 3500 allowed Alissa Baldwin to qualify.

The primary date is still 9 June 2020. No one is sure how that will happen with the coronavirus lock down.

Take a look at them, and I think you will see Daniel Gade is by far the best candidate for us to vote for in the REP primary

I liked Omari Faulkner's message and his ideas. I think he could be a great senator. He has heavy competition in Gade. I would have still pulled the primary vote for Gade. Faulkner versus Speciale, Faulkner.

Here are his own words.

quote:
Omari Faulkner For Virginia
21 hrs ·
It is with a heavy heart that I come to this decision. In this unprecedented time, with so much death, fear and anxiety for millions across the globe, my time and calling right now is not meant to continue my political campaign, but instead work together and combat an invisible enemy, COVID-19.

Words can’t fully express my disappointment, but a leader must know when to charge for the sake of others and for the common good. My heart is full of gratitude for the heartfelt reception I received from people all across the State. The goal was to bring a voice of civility and optimism to our party and return true servant leadership to the Commonwealth.

Jack Wilson, Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia is a good man who has worked tirelessly to rebuild our party and the negative comments made by campaign staff about the chairman are wrong and in no way reflect my opinion or beliefs. I have been very clear with Chairman Wilson, that it did not appear that the ballot verification procedure was executed in an organized and transparent fashion and much improvement is needed. I am saddened that thousands of my supporters will not be able to vote for me this November but I believe in God’s will for my path.

I would personally like to thank all of our volunteers and campaign donors across Virginia and my family for their continued support. Against conventional wisdom, I decided not to launch my campaign until after the November 2019 elections because I understood the significant need to focus solely on those elections. Our campaign was fully operating in January 2020 and building momentum across the Commonwealth that hasn’t been seen in a very long time. While our campaign surged, so did this global pandemic, wreaking havoc on everyone, including our campaign.

Many have asked that I pursue further action, yet the damage it would do to our cause and the division it would sow within our Virginia Republican Party would be counterproductive. My foundational principles have always been rooted in problem solving conservative leadership, which is desperately needed in this moment, as we face a global ill that hasn’t been experienced in over a century.

I am beyond grateful for the thousands of emails, text messages and phone calls that I’ve received in the past days. As I’ve shared with many, I am disappointed with the end result and events that were out of our control, but I am encouraged by the love and support of thousands of Virginians. I also remain encouraged by the words of Martin Luther King, Jr., ‘We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.’

Virginia, I promise you that I am not finished. During this campaign you have opened your homes, community rooms, churches, businesses and most importantly, you opened your hearts to me. I hear you loud and clear! Your voices have made me stronger and a better leader because of you. I will continue to fight for Virginia’s bright future today, tomorrow, and in the years to come, that I can promise you!

If it is God’s will for me to campaign for public office again, I can assure you that this experience has only prepared me, my family and all of our supporters for an astounding victory. For now, my focus is on defeating this global pandemic, rebuilding our economy, and the safety and security of our blessed United States of America.

Thank you again for your faith and confidence in me. My heart remains full of the American spirit- we never quit, nor surrender- we make the impossible a reality. God bless all the good people of Virginia!

God Speed,
Omari

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Just a PSA guys.

If you are possibly concerned with going to the poles in June for the Republican primary you can fill out an absentee voter application form online and they will mail you your ballot.

Here’s the link:

https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation

I am supporting Gade for the US Senate! Don’t take too much time so they have the necessary time to process your ballot!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^
Thank you for that, smlsig.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsls.com/decision-...tion-back-two-weeks/

Northam also announced that because it’s within his power to move primary elections, he is moving Virginia’s June 9 primary back two weeks to June 23.

New Virginia primary date: 23 June 2020

posted Hide Post
What an ass, it is time to sue.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Ralph's a power-drunk jerk.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I didn't think I could despise Governor Blackface McBabyMurderer more than I already do, but he proved me wrong.

In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, Northam today signed five new anti-gun measures into law. These include the "red flag" law, one gun per month purchase, stricter background checks, making it a crime to not report a stolen firearm within 48 hours, and one that raises the punishment for leaving a "loaded, unsecured firearm" near minors.

I want so badly to have this cretin run out of office. I know he can't run again -- at least for a consecutive term -- but I want him out of Virginia politics and publicly shamed. Tarred and feathered would be an acceptable option, too.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Look at what’s going on. Look at the number of people that are cheer leading the Constitution being shredded in every state “to save one life”.

You make something scary enough, even so called gun owners will fold. If you run him out, another will take his place. Until people start standing up for the Constitution, this will continue.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If you run him out, another will take his place.

True. Ralph is a rat, a cockroach. And there are more rats and cockroaches lined up behind him. I'm hearing that Terry McAwful wants another shot at the big chair. The line of rats and roaches is to be expected, but not necessarily to be accepted.

quote:
Until people start standing up for the Constitution, this will continue.

True again, and I hope the energy of the recent 2A sanctuary city movement can be maintained through the upcoming election cycle, punting a batch of the rats and roaches out of the system.

God bless America.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
If you run him out, another will take his place.

True. Ralph is a rat, a cockroach. And there are more rats and cockroaches lined up behind him. I'm hearing that Terry McAwful wants another shot at the big chair. The line of rats and roaches is to be expected, but not necessarily to be accepted.

quote:
Until people start standing up for the Constitution, this will continue.

True again, and I hope the energy of the recent 2A sanctuary city movement can be maintained through the upcoming election cycle, punting a batch of the rats and roaches out of the system.

Currently in Kentucky, violent criminals are being let out of jail by the hundreds. And the same governor that is letting them out is threatening to arrest you if you go to church this Easter.

Not only is this happening, people are applauding it. The state police is being sent to churches and gatherings to take down license plate numbers so that people who dare to practice religion can be arrested in their own homes for 14 days.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I get it, Mr Jones. King Ralph has a plan to toss a bunch of prisoners back out into society as well. It's insanity.

God bless America.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not only is this happening, people are applauding it. The state police is being sent to churches and gatherings to take down license plate numbers so that people who dare to practice religion can be arrested in their own homes for 14 days.

Goose-stepping check cashing Gestapo fucks. I hope everyone remembers the ones that issue the citations to them and hem their assess up when the courts can get back to doing what they're supposed to.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
At this point, I am not going to be surprised if in one of his afternoon press conferences, he announces the creation of a secret police force to enforce his executive orders.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I think we should go back to literal stump speeches rather than these controlled-environment press conferences.

That way, We The People could bring back the tradition of throwing eggs, rotten vegetables, and worn-out shoes.

God bless America.