SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just posted in the Bloomberg thread a story about Mini-Mike's arrogant elitism in last night's town hall in Manassas. He was taken to task. And he still doesn't know it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg is a lying asshole.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
VA is an open primary state, I suggest Bernie is best bet to run against Trump for a Trump victory.

Please get out and vote if you are a VA resident!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I just posted in the Bloomberg thread a story about Mini-Mike's arrogant elitism in last night's town hall in Manassas. He was taken to task. And he still doesn't know it.

Just viewed the video from a link a GOP group sends me. FOX had to cut away from the meeting when two or three folks unfurled banners (I couldn't read them), and Bloomie was getting loudly ha-rumphed by a good portion of the audience, a fair number who appeared to be wearing GSL stickers. Folks in PW county haven't forgotten who funded the push here only a few weeks ago. Apparently he thought he was in a safe zone. I hope that displeasure by real people was shown on the air.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
We have some upcoming town hall Pro 2A meetings put on by our LGS, Safeside Tactical .

Also, I am registered as a delegate to vote for a new republican candidate for the House. Just the threat of a new voice in the Virginia GOP seems to be getting their attention. "can you hear the people sing?" . . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
We are going to a Campbell County rally next month and we are the 'selected' to vote for our House Rep . I was given a form that has to be pre-filed, so that can happen. Then I have to go to the convention and vote for our candidate. Currently it is Riggleman, but he is a nevertrumper, basically a democrat and now he has lost his base and is desperately trying to put it out there that he is a great conservative. Nope, I am voting for his challenger Bob Goode.

I am getting as involved as I can and will do what I can to change the GOP in Virginia from my end.

Redstone, I am also in Riggleman's district. I was under the impression that Trump had endorsed Riggleman. So I googled Trump endorse Riggleman and found this https://thehill.com/homenews/c...-virginia-house-race
There were several more along the same line. I had never heard of Riggleman being a never Trump guy. Could you tell me more about this?

Redstone, on page 81 of this thread, I asked about something you had said about Riggleman. I think maybe I missed your answer? I have been asked to be a delegate for Riggleman and I would like to know more on this subject. Thanks, Ironworker.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN calling Virginia for Biden

exit polls ?

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitic.../1234992015454064641

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Oh, Jeepers. Beto is back in the picture.

Fox News link.

Tammy Bruce brought this up on her website, concerning Smoking Joe's promise:

"18 U.S. Code § 599. Promise of appointment by candidate
U.S. Code
Notes
prev | next
Whoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 721; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), (L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)"

Of course, what does a Democrat care about laws?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Of course, what does a Democrat care about laws?

Well, we know King Ralph & Co don't care. Why should Creepy Joe?

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Virginia 99.9% in

Biden 53%
Sanders 23%
Warren 11%
Bloomberg 10%

Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
VA Democrats Poised to Take Pensions from Sheriffs Who Opposed Gun Control

They keep sinking lower and lower..

During CPAC, Culpepper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins told Breitbart News that Virginia Democrats are punishing sheriffs who continue to stand against gun control.

On December 7, 2019, Breitbart News reported Jenkins’ announcement that he was ready to “deputize thousands” to defend Second Amendment rights had the Virginia Democrats passed gun bans and other controls that were being pushed.

He made clear he equated his actions with calling forth the militia to defend freedom. He quoted Richard Henry Lee from 1788, saying, “A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.”

Over the past weekend of CPAC, Jenkins told Breitbart News:

In early December I came out against the newly proposed legislation to restrict everything from ‘assault weapons,’ so-called ‘assault weapons,’ to ‘high capacity magazines…and said that if we’re going to take away weapons from law-abiding citizens I intend to swear in thousands of citizens as reserve deputy sheriffs so they can keep those weapons and be able to protect themselves and use them.

Jenkins said that he and other sheriffs who took a similar stand were threatened with having insurance coverage removed “from deputies and staff.” He said that sheriffs throughout the state were offered a $10,000 raise “if we would tuck tail and follow [the Democrats’] lead and stop the push-back.”

But Jenkins refused to cower, and said they responded by saying “they would take away the raises of the deputies if we didn’t stop.”

He said State Sen. Janet Howell (D) “introduced a bill for next session where she could remove the pension of sheriffs…next year for…saying that we won’t follow unconstitutional laws or that I would use my lawful powers as sheriff to swear in thousands of people as deputies.”

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
We are going to a Campbell County rally next month and we are the 'selected' to vote for our House Rep . I was given a form that has to be pre-filed, so that can happen. Then I have to go to the convention and vote for our candidate. Currently it is Riggleman, but he is a nevertrumper, basically a democrat and now he has lost his base and is desperately trying to put it out there that he is a great conservative. Nope, I am voting for his challenger Bob Goode.

I am getting as involved as I can and will do what I can to change the GOP in Virginia from my end.

Redstone, I am also in Riggleman's district. I was under the impression that Trump had endorsed Riggleman. So I googled Trump endorse Riggleman and found this https://thehill.com/homenews/c...-virginia-house-race
There were several more along the same line. I had never heard of Riggleman being a never Trump guy. Could you tell me more about this?

Redstone, on page 81 of this thread, I asked about something you had said about Riggleman. I think maybe I missed your answer? I have been asked to be a delegate for Riggleman and I would like to know more on this subject. Thanks, Ironworker.

I just saw your post, my apologies.

President Trump wanted to bring our troops home from Syria:
Riggleman voted NO - HJ RES 77 (16-Oct-19)

Trump wanted to repeal Obamacare:
Riggleman voted NO. Voted for a Democrat bill condemning Trump for working for repeal. H RES 271 (3-Apr-19)

Trump wanted to fund the border wall:
Riggleman voted NO. Voted with Democrats to strip $4 billion from the President’s border wall budget and end the government shutdown HJ RES 31 (14-Feb-19)

However, I am not sure this is the purpose of this forum thread, If requested I will delete my post.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Virginia 99.9% in

Biden 53%
Sanders 23%
Warren 11%
Bloomberg 10%

Goddamn it.

I voted for Bernie six times!

And he still is second!!!!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
State Sen. Janet Howell (D) “introduced a bill for next session where she could remove the pension of sheriffs…next year for…saying that we won’t follow unconstitutional laws or that I would use my lawful powers as sheriff to swear in thousands of people as deputies.”

I believe it's nearing time to vote Ms. Howell out of office.

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
VA Democrats Poised to Take Pensions from Sheriffs Who Opposed Gun Control

They keep sinking lower and lower..

During CPAC, Culpepper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins told Breitbart News that Virginia Democrats are punishing sheriffs who continue to stand against gun control.

On December 7, 2019, Breitbart News reported Jenkins’ announcement that he was ready to “deputize thousands” to defend Second Amendment rights had the Virginia Democrats passed gun bans and other controls that were being pushed.

He made clear he equated his actions with calling forth the militia to defend freedom. He quoted Richard Henry Lee from 1788, saying, “A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.”

Over the past weekend of CPAC, Jenkins told Breitbart News:

In early December I came out against the newly proposed legislation to restrict everything from ‘assault weapons,’ so-called ‘assault weapons,’ to ‘high capacity magazines…and said that if we’re going to take away weapons from law-abiding citizens I intend to swear in thousands of citizens as reserve deputy sheriffs so they can keep those weapons and be able to protect themselves and use them.

Jenkins said that he and other sheriffs who took a similar stand were threatened with having insurance coverage removed “from deputies and staff.” He said that sheriffs throughout the state were offered a $10,000 raise “if we would tuck tail and follow [the Democrats’] lead and stop the push-back.”

But Jenkins refused to cower, and said they responded by saying “they would take away the raises of the deputies if we didn’t stop.”

He said State Sen. Janet Howell (D) “introduced a bill for next session where she could remove the pension of sheriffs…next year for…saying that we won’t follow unconstitutional laws or that I would use my lawful powers as sheriff to swear in thousands of people as deputies.”

Unfortunately this is a common tactic used by the modern Democrat party...both "incentives" (bribes) and retaliation against those who don't conform or acquiesce to their demands...essentially the same tactics used by the mafia or gang thugs.

After many of our Sheriffs came out against the 2013 round of gun control bills, especially the magazine capacity restriction, and our own former county sheriff not only vocally opposed the laws but actively testified against them and signed onto a law suit, and actively handed out standard cap. AR mags at fund raising events (funding lawsuits to fight the bad laws) prior to the law going into effect, the Democrat controlled legislature voted to withhold funding for Sheriff deputy pay raises...

...as I've pointed out before, what Virginia is seeing now in terms of both proposed gun control legislation as well as other bad bills, as well as the tactics used by Democrats has been going on for years in other states. Nothing new here, you guys are just the latest to experience it.

Good job Virginia gun owners in rallying and standing up to the onslaught, and congratulations in stopping at least some of the worst of the bills...and welcome to the fight!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

I think there is a next level of review to get on the ballot. This was a "pre-certification" review. Usually if you pass this, you will pass the final.

Very good news.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^

AWESOME!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daniel Gade "meet and greet" tomorrow in Leon VA zip 22725

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

also

I am fully supporting Daniel Gade in this primary election, but I want to let VA voters know that Thomas Speciale also had a successful Republican pre-check. Both may make the REP primary ballot.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I'll be there!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
edit: I have a clarifying question into the Gade campaign to address an ambiguity

Has the VA Board of Elections given final approval to the petitions submitted ?

or

Is the announcement that the campaign has submitted the petitions for subsequent final approval ?

The title indicates "officially makes", but the body says "after officially submitting"

Will update when I get answer.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update re above "clarification request"

It is a bit complicated, but here is what was relayed to me:

The board of elections will hold onto the petitions until 26 Mar 2020.

The board will do a review of the petitions and note any issues

On 26 Mar the board will give the petitions to the REP Party for the final REP Party approval

So the fact that the package went thru a successful REP pre-check means it is extremely likely to pass the final REP review. (emphasis on extremely)

How to summarize that ?

Not a lock in the literal sense, but a lock in the practical sense (I made that up)

This is why the campaign was so excited when they passed the REP pre-check

Gade is on the REP primary ballot

thanks again for all the support.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,