SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of the 284 gun related murders, I bet 75% were guns illegally owned.

I'd be curious to find out if anyone even keeps track of such statistics, seems like that would be an important number to know.

I mean, you have to figure that in places like Chicago, St Louis, Baltimore, etc, that most of the murders in the "high crime" areas are committed using "illegally owned" or illegally possessed weapons.

Isn't that the High Point, stolen Glock market?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by sdy:

"Assault weapons and high-capacity magazines are designed for one purpose—to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. There is no reason to have these weapons of war in our communities," Biden said.

I've had both a military career and leo (federal bureau of prisons) and I take offense to this. Our goal was and will remain (according to the courts) to stop the threat - center mass until the life/death threat is not there anymore.

If someone in military uniform or wearing a badge in blue said to their supervisor, "I have this 15-round Beretta/Ruger (BOP) and the goal is to kill as many people as I can as quick as I can!" - well.....that wouldn't go well (termination with an order to seek help).

If that's what Democrats think of people who use 15+ round mags, then their own security teams must want to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible (I'm being coy again, I know they don't and likely have never taken a life).

S -

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Huh?

The bottom line is there exists a good reason the Democrats are so staunchly trying to blame guns. It would seem like they have a gun derangement syndrome, but they don't. What they have is a ton of money being donated to their campaigns/coffers by big-Pharma - and those donations aren't to support their drug R&D efforts, etc., like you would reasonably assume. Instead, those donations are so the Dems would blame 'scary' guns/hi-cap mags (or guns in general) for school/mass shootings. This in turn takes our eyes off of the notion that a common thread for many mass shooters (particularly the younger set) is that they have been patients given SSRIs and other behavior-based meds. Again, I don't usually promote conspiracy theories (this is my firs ever); however, you can't deny how effective this type of approach has been - blame the NRA, not big-Pharma. It's pretty clever.

That makes a little more sense.

Weren't you the one ready to give up?

Great to see everyone's hard work pay off for HB961 isn't it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Well, the good news is that I can continue to research my first AR purchase without feeling like I have to buy one tomorrow! Smile

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Well, the good news is that I can continue to research my first AR purchase without feeling like I have to buy one tomorrow! Smile

The sense of relief was almost over whelming. If HB961 did pass I would have been a felon. It's weird to even think that. Thank God!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Picking up my Inox 92 FS soon as the shop opens. Yo Ralphie boy, suck it!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Laura Ingraham on good Virginians' win:

(Link)
Very good news. Thanks VT.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I've been leaning on this thread to keep people aware of the Daniel Gade campaign for U.S. Senator from Virginia

We get to send the DEMs a message in about 8 months

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been leaning on this thread to keep people aware of the Daniel Gade campaign for U.S. Senator from Virginia

Thanks to you I looked into Gade and came away impressed. So much so that I sent him a check.
I hope he comes to my neck of the woods as I would love to hear him in person.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Met Gade back in January and had a brief conversation with him. Very amicable and seemed to have good intentions. Would love to see him end Warner's run.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
The AWB battle was won.. we have more bills to action:

VCDL:
URGENT ACTION ITEM

We need to stop Delegate Price's HB 421, which destroys Virginia's firearms preemption law!

Currently gun laws in the Commonwealth are consistent, with the exception of shooting and hunting. Purchase, carry, transport, etc. are the same state statewide.

HB 421 allows localities to control possession, carry, transport, and storage of firearms! This will create a nightmare of confusing gun laws everywhere you go.

You need to contact your Senator and tell him or her to oppose HB 421. Click here here to email and (optionally) call your Senator with a prewritten message.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^
Thank you for the link, Sig226.

- - - - - -

Keeping in mind our collective success in getting HB961 put aside for a while, I think it's worthwhile to write our legislators who voted the right way and recognize/thank them for doing so. Keeping the importance of the event in their minds, so to speak.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:The sense of relief was almost over whelming. If HB961 did pass I would have been a felon. It's weird to even think that. Thank God!

One of the arguments I made to Virginia legislators was that passage of HB961 would immediately make felons of a large number of people who are employed in Virginia who carry security clearances. A felony beef would automatically remove these clearances, so the choice of many of these people and their employers, would be to move out of state. I tried to make HB961 all about negative economic impact, given that lawmakers care little for the Constitution.

In fact, my son-in-law is one of these. He is no longer in the military, but works as a contractor for the government. In a high-security environment. One of the requirements of his job is that he spend two weeks a year in the field, training, to keep his skills up. HB961 would not only have put his job in jeopardy, but also his training.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent out an email today on the few gun control bills, right to work, popular vote and minimum wage. 2/3rds of them blocked my email.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

Thanks to you I looked into Gade and came away impressed. So much so that I sent him a check.
I hope he comes to my neck of the woods as I would love to hear him in person.

As far as I know, the Gade team is still collecting signatures to get him on the ballot.
Get your name on the list!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I sent out an email today on the few gun control bills, right to work, popular vote and minimum wage. 2/3rds of them blocked my email.

For real? That's about shady, man! Mad

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

What? How did you know that?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Perhaps we've crashed the switchboards and servers again; no reply to my thank you notes to the two Fairfax County Senators that voted "No" on HB961 Monday as yet.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
no reply to my thank you notes to the two Fairfax County Senators that voted "No" on HB961 Monday as yet.

Maybe I'm old-school, but I'm thinking our thank-you notes ought to be on paper anyway. Smile

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
no reply to my thank you notes to the two Fairfax County Senators that voted "No" on HB961 Monday as yet.

Maybe I'm old-school, but I'm thinking our thank-you notes ought to be on paper anyway. Smile
That's not such a bad idea. I can only imagine the flak they're catching from members of their own party now.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post