SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

Keep that offer up till after july first.

Virginians do not need to be running away, although we appreciate the people in WV offering to take in parts of Va. This is the time for Conservative Virginians to come tigether and fight back.

No one knows the future, who can tell in the future that WV could be facing this same dilemma as Virginia?

As an old school Southerner, I think WV should join back with Va.....:-)

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Gade Campaign will have a booth at the

Virginia Beach Gun Show FEB 1-2

Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

SDY---

I would very much like to sign the petition to put Gade on the ballot. I know a few dozen other registered voters that would do the same. Some of those, may also be able to provide a dozen or more sigs. Is there anything special involved with this process other than a single signature collector per page and notarization?
Should I contact Gade's office for forms?

I have never been so interested in politics before, so please pardon my ignorance of the process....

Even with my busy schedule of traveling and running my own business, I think this is an area where I can help out.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
ewills, I have one of sdy’s petition pages and can collect your signature. I’m in NoVA and was in the same boat. Email in profile to meet up.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some emails sent. However people near each other want to team, that's up to you.

I work together w a friend and we trade leads for signatures.

Not trying to make this the Gade thread, but I thought this was important:

https://combatveteransforcongress.org/

The Combat Veterans For Congress Political Action Committee is dedicated to supporting the election of fiscally conservative Combat Veterans For Congress. We seek Combat Veterans For Congress who believe in limited government, will rein in the out of control spending of Congress, are committed to preserving and defending the U.S. Constitution, and will support the independence and freedom of the individual as outlined in the Bill of Rights. We support Combat Veterans For Congress who are dedicated to promoting The Free Enterprise System creating the greatest economic engine in the history of mankind, provide for a strong national defense, and will endorse the teaching of U.S. history and the Founding Fathers’ core values in educational institutions.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
ewills, I have one of sdy’s petition pages and can collect your signature. I’m in NoVA and was in the same boat. Email in profile to meet up.

Thanks ceptor781. sdy just contacted me. I am going to work on collecting as many signatures as I can on my end. Working on friends, neighbors, and family.......

Edited to add....

If I can't sign one of the petitions I collect signatures from, I should meet up with ceptor781? Every signature counts....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The house red flag bill is going to be up for vote. This is from vcdl.

quote:
******Urgent Update******

House Bill 674, Red Flag Gun Confiscation, will be up for a vote in the House in on 48 hours...now is the time to act!

Every Patriot needs to call the following Delegates and tell them they must vote no on House Bill 674!!!

Delegate Guy- 804-698-1083
Delegate Tyler- 804-698-1075
Delegate Willett- 804-698-1073
Delegate Carter- 804-698-1050
Delegate Guzman- 804-698-1031
Delegate Cole- 804-698-1028
Delegate Gooditis- 804-698-1010

All of these politicians won their past election by 5% or less. It does not matter if you live in their district, call them anyhow and tell them you will work for the next 19 months to remove them from office if they vote for Red Flag Gun Confiscation!

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot...ndidates_in_Virginia

Circulation requirements
Each signature on a petition must have been witnessed by a person who is a legal resident of Virginia and who is not a minor or a felon whose voting rights have not been restored. Each page of a petition must include an affidavit to that effect.[14] If an election district includes more than one county or city, the Virginia State Board of Elections suggests that the circulator use a separate petition form for qualified voters in each county or city to facilitate the processing of the filing.

Petitions may be circulated beginning January 1.[14] The statutes do not stipulate whether the petition circulator is allowed to sign the petition.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

just to be safe, I have recommended signature collectors sign another collector's petition

Don't worry about keeping a petition in just one district. Campaign will sort the signatures. So you might have more than one district on the same petition

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Hey sdy, send me an email too please. I can get at least 10, probably more. Lot's of folks are fired up and getting more involved. Ready to do our part.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I REALLY wish I could sign that!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I REALLY wish I could sign that!

Your support from afar is still appreciated. As well as everyone else who stands in support of Virginians and the Second Amendment.

We are fighting the fight in VA to protect everyone else in all 50. Pay attention to what is happening here, cause it can spread to the 'safe' states. VA is the Democrats petri dish for America.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I am following this like a hawk and will be happy to provide logic, arguments, and research to the cause.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg wants to expand his bribe territory

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/...-60-million-reasons/

Michael Bloomberg has already spent more than $200-million in his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, but the former New York mayor and current gun control sugar daddy is also promising to nearly double what the NRA spent in the 2016 election in order to push anti-gun candidates around the country in this election cycle.

Everytown for Gun Safety, the Bloomberg-created gun control group, announced Monday that it plans on spending $60-million in the 2020 elections in a bid to do to the United States as a whole what the group did to Virginia in 2019: give Democrats complete control of the executive and legislative branches of government.

“This massive 2020 effort is fueled by a combination of financial resources, unprecedented grassroots power and a consensus among more than 90 percent of Americans across party lines that we need action now to reduce gun violence,” Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, a part of Everytown for Gun Safety, said in the press release.

Mostly it’s fueled by Michael Bloomberg’s bank account, but gun owners can’t ignore the threat that this spending campaign poses to our right to keep and bear arms. The tens of millions that Bloomberg will be pouring into congressional and senate campaigns will play an outsized roll in aiding anti-gun candidates across the country, but gun owners can blunt the effects of the Bloomberg bucks by getting involved now.

While media outlets have long decried spending by the NRA and other groups as attempts to buy elections, so far most news outlets appear to be simply enthralled by the prospect of Bloomberg spending gobs of cash to advance his anti-gun agenda. NBC News, for example, described Bloomberg’s bid to become president in glowing terms earlier this week

Bloomberg won’t target every congressional seat. His gun control group will borrow pages from their Virginia playbook and focus their efforts on flipping suburban swing districts across the country while they also devote considerable time and cash to electing Democrat senators in states like Colorado, Kentucky (where Mitch McConnell is a huge target), and Arizona.

No matter what state you live in, however, chances are there’s a race that Bloomberg and his anti-gun activists will be involved in, and that’s a race that you should be involved in as well. Work with the campaign directly, or with your state party organization, or with Second Amendment groups like the NRA, GOA, and state level groups as well. What we can’t do is stay on our couch and think someone else will do the heavy lifting for us. Gun control groups believe 2020 is the year that they can put the pieces in places to completely gut our right to keep and bear arms in 2021, and it’s up to us to stop them at the ballot box.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I realize this isn't entirely related to the thread, but I've learned that our local legislator got a pass on a drunk driving charge this weekend. Why? Because he's a legislator and the General Assembly is in session.

I see this as another example of "we're better than you are, so the rules don't apply to us." Toss him to the MADD wolves with whom the officer has been working.

Grrr.

Link

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I realize this isn't entirely related to the thread, but I've learned that our local legislator got a pass on a drunk driving charge this weekend. Why? Because he's a legislator and the General Assembly is in session.

I see this as another example of "we're better than you are, so the rules don't apply to us." Toss him to the MADD wolves with whom the officer has been working.

Grrr.

Link

We’ve gotta ban guns for safety! *drives drunk* Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Grrr.

Link

From what I understand is that he was not supposed to get a pass. The law is only if the Del or Sen are driving to the legislature for a vote. Going anywhere else, no pass, not voting, no pass.

Why the fuck do we give a pass to drunk driving regardless if they are voting i don't know.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/h...msn2JTcsvQ6mP5rHsrkI

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, a guy would have to be dirty bathroom floor kissing drunk to vote for some of these bills. But I'm not an elected official.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
From what I understand is that he was not supposed to get a pass. The law is only if the Del or Sen are driving to the legislature for a vote. Going anywhere else, no pass, not voting, no pass.

Not to further derail the thread, but I'm guessing that at roughly 2am young Christopher wasn't driving to a vote. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why didn't he get charged? This, from the news article:

quote:
Hurst soon was asked to step out of his vehicle and perform three sobriety tests and a breath test. While the breath test showed a higher-than-allowed blood-alcohol concentration, it was near enough that the officer determined it might well be within the legal limit by the time Hurst was taken to the magistrate’s office and given a formal test that would be admissible in court, the town statement said.

“Because of this, along with Hurst’s overall performance during the field sobriety tests and coupled with the fact that Hurst had a sober companion in the vehicle who could drive him home, the officer released Hurst without charging him,” the town statement said.

Why the "sober companion" wasn't driving in the first place causes one to wonder. If Hurst is that stupid, why should he be a delegate?

But he's a democRAT, and he'll get a pass.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Why didn't he get charged? This, from the news article:

Hurst soon was asked to step out of his vehicle and perform three sobriety tests and a breath test. While the breath test showed a higher-than-allowed blood-alcohol concentration, it was near enough that the officer determined it might well be within the legal limit by the time Hurst was taken to the magistrate’s office and given a formal test that would be admissible in court, the town statement said.

I probably should have started a separate thread for this. Anyway, the last four paragraphs from the article may answer your question.

quote:

Article IV of the constitution says that during a session, legislators may not be arrested for anything short of “treason, felony, or breach of peace.”

“I think it would have applied in this instance if things had risen to the level where an officer wanted to charge him,” Pettitt said.

Intoxicated driving is a misdemeanor in Virginia until a third offense. While it could be argued to be a breach of peace, that phrase typically is defined as covering violent offenses, Pettitt said.

The town’s statement said that Swecker knew that legislators were immune from many arrests because it is taught in the police academy.

- - - - - - - -

Back on track:

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Petitions may be circulated beginning January 1.[14] The statutes do not stipulate whether the petition circulator is allowed to sign the petition.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

just to be safe, I have recommended signature collectors sign another collector's petition

Sdy, I'm sorry I missed that statement. Mine is the first signature on the first page you sent me. I hope that won't be problematic.

God bless America.