SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Remember, nothing has been passed yet. They can add language to the laws to put maximum torque on uncooperative jurisdictions (loss of state funds, state takeover of responsibilities, even criminal action against local government officials who resist, etc.).

You guys have a little war going on down there, and right now the enemy has the high ground (the ability to pass any state law they want.)

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^ I posted interview a day or two ago. Dude is smoking crack. Yeah the cops are going to hand over guns in defiance? WTF? Sadly most people will see this and think 'felons can buy guns?'

I hate that asshole.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
Thanks for posting. Very well done.

He is correct. We have a very big family and we know our history.

And the family is a lot bigger than a city, county, or even the entire state of Virginia. These crooked bastards are messing with the wrong peoples rights.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Looks like Rockingham County is poised to join the resistance. I’m told the sheriff is behind us but he’s still not saying anything publicly. I’ll be at the BoS meeting tomorrow night.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many of us in Arizona following these postings.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
From the Declaration of Independence:

“..whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...,"

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James City County became a Second Amendment sanctuary tonight.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nice! I am proud of the pushback the good freedom loving people of VA are giving the heavy handed lefty State gov!

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, what's the count now? What does the county map in Virginia look like as of tonight?

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^63 cities and counties according to VCDL. Three more counties are having hearings tonight.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
James City County became a Second Amendment sanctuary tonight.

You got a link? This one says they didn’t vote for it. Same thing but different language?

https://www.13newsnow.com/amp/...a4-8959-8202d8b78a75

Just curious because my brother in law is a Marine stationed there/living in Williamsburg.

I’m not familiar with VA, but I’m just staying up on the news for him.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I'm really heartened by this movement. I hope those of us in other states that are under attack can muster similar strength and follow this example.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a link, but I was there.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Go to hell Ralph and take the rest of the commie trash with you. My apologies to the devil for sending him such repulsive filth.

Again, I'm missing that "Like" button...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have a link, but I was there.

So...whatever they voted for in that article means they’re technically a sanctuary city?

posted Hide Post
quote:

So...whatever they voted for in that article means they’re technically a sanctuary city?

That's certainly the take I got from it and the reaction of the crowd, yes.
It took us 2 hours standing outside to even make it into the lobby. Huge crowd.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's certainly the take I got from it and the reaction of the crowd, yes.
It took us 2 hours standing outside to even make it into the lobby. Huge crowd.

Ok, this link explains it better. Good stuff

https://wydaily.com/local-news...amendment-sanctuary/

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I got me an idea, tell me if you guys think it makes sense. What if we at set our VA withholding to zero on 1/1/20, put it in a savings account, and pay the taxes on 4/15/21. Zero tax penalty for that. Call/email/write our BoS, and state Reps and tell them if they want our money, affirm the Bill of Rights and VA Constitution.

quote:

Article I, § 13 of the Virginia Constitution:

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed;

Could the state fund everything if they were without a quarter million people paying taxes for a year and four months? How much would lack of funding affect the 'kick the door in and snatch the guns fund'?

Could they vote to issue bonds quickly to offset the year of no gun owner taxes? Not sure how quickly they could react to a sudden shortfall of revenue or if it would actually affect budget/reserves.

What do you all think?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
They wouldn't care. Since when did a democrat care about fiscal responsibility ? I've haven't seen that in a long time from a democrat.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8660 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

From Prince William County BoS meeting. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, used to be- and not anymore, I am certain- kids in grade school memorized at least part of the Declaration of Independence. All Americans my age are familiar with the part that says:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

...and that's about all your average Fourth Grader could memorize. But, immediately after that part comes something which all Virginians- and all Americans for that matter- need to be thinking about these days:

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Food for thought

"...their right..."

"...their duty..."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post