SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I live near Danville, the 2nd on the list of most violent crimes and homicides.

The ER at the local hospital has gunshot cases every day. Robberies on businesses now most likely involve a shooting. Rural areas near Danville sometimes experience burgalries, drug addicts seeking goods to fence, which really ca happen anywhere.

And of course, in a county that votes Republician, the City of Danville always votes blue.

Northam's gun laws will be meaningless to the hoods in Danville, but will make the SJW folks happy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Majority Of Virginia Homicides Come From Only Two Metro Areas

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...only-two-metro-areas

Not gonna quote the entirety of what was originally posted, but has ANY Republican politician anywhere, pointed out the obvious fact that the high murder rates come from cities that are Democrat controlled? I'm talking about paid billboards, fliers at events, and other such materials. We all know what the stats look like, but damn, something should have clicked for the constituents that keep electing the democrats. Since they aren't bright enough themselves, someone may just need to point to the obvious.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I live near Danville, the 2nd on the list of most violent crimes and homicides.

The ER at the local hospital has gunshot cases every day. Robberies on businesses now most likely involve a shooting. Rural areas near Danville sometimes experience burgalries, drug addicts seeking goods to fence, which really ca happen anywhere.

And of course, in a county that votes Republician, the City of Danville always votes blue.

Northam's gun laws will be meaningless to the hoods in Danville, but will make the SJW folks happy.

Wife and I visit Danville about once a month mostly for a little shopping and dinner just for a change, not much around Boydton. I would not think their would be a lot of violent crimes in the area but I guess we are not visiting the right part of town. Big Grin

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This is part of the problem. Loudoun County, VA., which is now one of the few holdouts from the "2A sanctuary" movement. Has little to no active resistance to this encroaching tyranny. Take a look at this: Loudoun County GOP.

For those who don't click, I'll post the "big reveal:" The web site hasn't been updated since November, 2019.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
This is part of the problem. Loudoun County, VA., which is now one of the few holdouts from the "2A sanctuary" movement. Has little to no active resistance to this encroaching tyranny. Take a look at this: Loudoun County GOP.

For those who don't click, I'll post the "big reveal:" The web site hasn't been updated since November, 2019.

Any of my fellow Loudoun county residents going to this?

https://m.facebook.com/events/194624978343712

Depending on when my new oven shows up, I plan on going. I have only one question I want to ask. "Which of your proposed laws will save lives. Please be specific, state the actual bill and how it will actually save lives."

Loudoun is a lost cause, I'm just in it to annoy the fuckers, maybe if I lucky someone will actually listen and think for themselves.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...emocrat-gun-control/

Ammunition sales are surging as many Virginian seek to stock up ahead of a slew of Democrat-mandated gun controls for the state.

WSET reports online ammunition seller AmmunitionToGo.com notes a 137 percent increase in ammo sales to Virginians now versus this same time last year.

AmmunitionToGo’s Brandon Black said, “We’re now seeing a massive number of Virginia shooters stocking up on ammunition in anticipation of new laws that they believe will make it harder to purchase rounds legally.”

WSET reports Virginians have purchased enough ammo to take the state from simply being in AmmunitionToGo’s “top 20 markets” to being in the top five.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I hadn’t considered the probability of what sdy posted above. It’s essentially what we saw in 07/08 when Stampy Feet was elected.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I'm going, early enough I hope get to speak.

I'm going in mufti (no "Guns Save Lives" sticker but wearing a MDA sticker). I hope it raises the odds of my addressing the crowd.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a town hall by the author to HB961. Mark Levine. Also on the 25th

quote:

‎Virginia Gun Owners Forum (VGOF)‎ to VGOF - Virginia Gun Owners Forum
17 hrs ·
Mark Levine, author of the dreadful HB961, is hosting a town hall on January 25th. Let's pack the room since the coward was unavailable on Lobby Day.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Town Hall with Delegate Mark Levine and Senator Adam Ebbin

January 25, 2020
1:00pm to 3:30pm

Mt. Vernon Community School, 2601 Commonwealth Ave, Alexandria, VA 22305

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I'm going, early enough I hope get to speak.

I'm going in mufti (no "Guns Save Lives" sticker but wearing a MDA sticker). I hope it raises the odds of my addressing the crowd.

Going in camouflaged, I like it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...emocrat-gun-control/

Ammunition sales are surging as many Virginian seek to stock up ahead of a slew of Democrat-mandated gun controls for the state.

WSET reports online ammunition seller AmmunitionToGo.com notes a 137 percent increase in ammo sales to Virginians now versus this same time last year.

AmmunitionToGo’s Brandon Black said, “We’re now seeing a massive number of Virginia shooters stocking up on ammunition in anticipation of new laws that they believe will make it harder to purchase rounds legally.”

WSET reports Virginians have purchased enough ammo to take the state from simply being in AmmunitionToGo’s “top 20 markets” to being in the top five.

A clear indicator that Virginia will NOT comply and are stocking up for more than just the possibility of running out. I just hope there is enough outraged citizens to turn the tide in the next election cycle.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Wife and I visit Danville about once a month mostly for a little shopping and dinner just for a change, not much around Boydton. I would not think their would be a lot of violent crimes in the area but I guess we are not visiting the right part of town. Big Grin
Is the Tank Museum still there? I went through it in 2005--fabulous!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is how the last state election went using their popular electoral vote.

NRA survey.
https://membersurvey.nra.org/2...5J4BD498_-hTvoN-5e1s

Be sure to email every day.
quote:
Alfonso Lopez
5 hrs
What a morning in the Public Safety Committee!!

We PASSED:

* Universal Background Checks
* Red Flag Protective Orders
* One handgun a month
* Reporting Lost/Stolen guns
* Local Auth.-ban guns-gov buildings
* Children’s Access protections
* Protective orders & firearms

So proud of all the stalwarts on the Committee for their amazing work - Patrick Hope, Kenneth R. Plum, Jeff Bourne, Kaye Kory, Sam Rasoul, Marcia Price, Mark Levine, Jennifer Carroll Foy, Dan Helmer, Joshua G. Cole, Shelly Simonds, Clint L. Jenkins, Michael Mullin, Cliff Hayes, and Rip Sullivan.

Thank you to Lori Hanky Haas, Andrew Goddard, Brian Moran, and the amazing Moms Demand Action - VA!!

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

Yes,it's still open. They had talked about moving as few years back, but changed their mind

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The blue area on the map stretching from Charlottesville to WV..is that a district that voted Democrat?

I can understand the Montgomery Blacksburg area.

美しい犬

Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
One big thing I noticed lacking: EMS, nothing all day, never saw a single ambulance, first aid station or any rescue/medical personnel.
Nothing.

We saw one golf cart set up as an ambulance, it went up 9th street a couple of times during the day.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Southern Police Association Voices Opposition to Ralph Northam's 'Gun Confiscation Scheme'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gun-control-n2560074

The new Virginia state General Assembly is ramming a host of new gun control bills through committees despite the massive showing from pro-gun rights activists on Monday.

As the bills are making their way to a full vote on the floor, a police officer association voiced its opposition to the bills. Sean McGowan, executive director of the Southern States Police Benevolent Association (SSPBA), issued a statement stating they know law-abiding armed citizens are not a threat.

"Members of the law enforcement community throughout the South stand united with our fellow officers in Virginia in opposition to Governor Ralph Northam's gun confiscation scheme. We know that a well-armed, well-trained, law-abiding citizen is our best friend. And these are exactly the people New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg and Governor Ralph Northam want to disarm," McGowan said.

The National Rifle Association also slammed the bills that were passed out of the Virginia House Public Safety committee, such as a red flag bill. House Bill 812 and House Bill 1502 were also passed out of the committee and would only let people in Virginia to only lawfully purchase one handgun within 30 days at a time.

"Today, the House Public Safety committee shamefully rubber-stamped the Bloomberg-Northam gun control scheme. By blocking legislator's questions and preventing constituents from speaking, today's hearing was a disgrace to the democratic process. Virginians deserve lawmakers who will hear testimony and conduct serious vetting of each bill — as the Senate Judiciary Committee did — before voting on measures that will strip away the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens and leave them defenseless," said NRA spokesperson Catherine Mortensen.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Virginia resident, nor have family there. I have not read the entire thread, so I'm going to ask. Is there any support for a recall election? Sounds like that would be a definite step in the right direction.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:
I'm not a Virginia resident, nor have family there. I have not read the entire thread, so I'm going to ask. Is there any support for a recall election? Sounds like that would be a definite step in the right direction.

Yes there is an effort ongoing. The Democrats have countered by attempting to change the recall process and increase the percentage of voter signatures required to trigger recall.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

Yes,it's still open. They had talked about moving as few years back, but changed their mind
Yeah, I know. They were thinking about moving to Urbana, Ohio.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post