SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Yes, those people marching are in a way "intimidating" the government. However, that's the point of the 2nd Amendment. The government is absolutely supposed to be scared of the citizens if they overreach or become tyrannical. ...

Agreed.

"Power and Authority" (in themselves are neutral).

Police in uniform and or armed present and project Power and Authority and are in a manner "intimidating". Every individual in America should be seen by the people in government as "intimidating" as the public perceives the "Power and Authority" of the policeman.

Some of the greatest problems we have in our society is from government that is no longer aware and secure with "We the people..." having that "Power and Authority" over the government, and fears the day that may come where "We the people...", decide to visit upon them a reckoning day.

I a reminded in the military when we had "Self Inspections" of operations and procedures and self reports, as well as the many types of inspections for readiness, operations, and the like. They varied in type and focus of criteria being inspected, and we never looked forward to those.

Such inspections are much like our periodic elections from small to national, and the various GAO inspections and such.

But if there were a serious breach of discipline, an event or occurrence of certain type, a no notice and investigative inspection, or "reckoning day" occurred. Those were fearful, in that the folks that showed up were looking for "heads", and all knew that the SHTF. Certainly some folks welcomed the event, as they may have been victim of bad policy or command that needed to be dealt with. But the overall group, much like our government, feared the "reckoning".

It is my hope and desire, that people like President Trump, and those who have and will support him, will continue to pressing back and that perhaps those in government will realize and step back from their over-reach, and get back to over-sight of the processes put in motion by "We the people...".

Because, very few truly want change to come by hand of the "day of reckoning".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

In case anyone missed it:

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gentlemen, I don't want to see any defeatist talk in this thread. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see such lamentations and rushes to surrender in any thread in this entire forum.

Arc, if this had been your first response to Steadyhand, it is highly likely that the entire subthread would have been avoided. None of us is perfect, and this isn't meant as a holier-than-thou post, just a good reminder for all of us, me included.

I really hope this subthread is over.

A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.
- Proverbs 15:1

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Who really is watching NBC News anymore? Maybe a bunch of older people...

It's what's on before Wheel of Fortune down here. Frown
I am an "older people" and I don't watch NBC (or CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, etc.) Once in a great while I'll tune in CBS just to catch the current episode of NCIS, but I usually just wait until it comes to cable. During times of severe weather I will check a local TV station to see what's going on.

Don't knock "Wheel of Fortune"--I enjoy that show (and am pretty good at it).

I'm 82.

Back on topic, I am greatly pleased that the rally in Virginia went so well, with no violence and left all policed up (trash removed)--I think it reflects well on the character of gun owners in general, despite the attempts of the MSM to downplay it and spin other interpretations. I regret that my physical condition did not allow me to also participate, but I was with you in spirit.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
A lot of things to consider about the 2A rally yesterday. Most of you have already formed your opinions on the effect or non-effect it will have on Virginia's Democrat held houses.

My take on a it is thus, please post what you think, I would appreciate it.

A. I think this not only shows the leftist lawmakers that people are tired of their over reach, but also shows the leftist populace the resolve of legal gun owners. I frankly think this display made leftists think twice, although they are disquising it as outrage. I think they are very scared of law abiding gunowners.

B. Although, the rally , of course was directly aimed at Richmond, there should have been Support gatherings at every county seat yesterday, to thank the 2A Sanctuary governing bodies for suporting the citizens and 2nd Amendment. This would have really added to yesterday, perhaps. Not everyone could travel to Richmond.

C. Be proud. Yesterday, everyone who attended should be very proud, for taking a stand and showing courtesy, respect, but at the same time projecting your message.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hanover County A 2nd Amendment Sanctuary
· 1 hr ·

$15 minimum wage “Rally” at the Capital today.... who do you think Northman will listen to?

They did not learn.
quote:
Every pro-gun bill today was struck down in committee today, including the common sense measure to allow churches to decide if concealed carry is authorized inside.

The response from Democrats was one of gloating and arrogance.

“I think what we saw today is this is a new day in Virginia,” said Del. Jeffrey M. Bourne (D-Richmond), chairman of the firearms subcommittee of the House Public Safety Committee. “We’re going to go beyond thoughts and prayers. We’re going to give voters laws that will make Virginia safer.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com...SRHlJOrU0acekHxEhr8I

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
PASig,

I was thinking along those lines too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

diff item

Before the rally, VCDL was discouraging people from bringing long guns. I forget their exact language, but it was something like that would be a bit too extreme for a lobbying rally.

At the time I agreed w VCDL about that.

But after a ton of people said NO - they were bringing their long guns - and having watched a lot of video of the event, I now agree w those who brought them.

It was impactful. w all the displayed firepower, everyone was polite and law abiding.

And I definitely think it added to the message.

I've been wondering how this is going down w Democrat voters who own guns. Some do. I'd like to meet some of them and start to spread the idea they voted the wrong way in the last Virginia election.

that should be part of our "messaging"

I went unarmed as I intended to lobby. I too was concerned beforehand about the long guns. But once I was there I found it very comforting, like I was in my own safe space. :-)

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

They did not learn.
quote:
Every pro-gun bill today was struck down in committee today, including the common sense measure to allow churches to decide if concealed carry is authorized inside.

The response from Democrats was one of gloating and arrogance.

“I think what we saw today is this is a new day in Virginia,” said Del. Jeffrey M. Bourne (D-Richmond), chairman of the firearms subcommittee of the House Public Safety Committee. “We’re going to go beyond thoughts and prayers. We’re going to give voters laws that will make Virginia safer.”

Well they have been given fair warning. They have been asked nicely.

From here on out things will escalate through laws, courts, and peaceful civil disobedience.

It's a long road and I think VA Gun Owners put their best foot forward while showing solid resolve and support from most local governments and law enforcement.

Time will tell how it all plays out in the coming months and years.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I've been a bit under the weather lately and I'm not feeling all that hot today

Feel better Para!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just for you, boss...

[/drift] Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/...ow-to-ignore-voices/

If 20,000+ people show up to tell you what they think, that’s usually a sign you should probably at least consider listening. That’s especially true when they’re calling for you to respect their rights.

That’s about how many people showed up in Richmond, a powerful reminder that Virginians aren’t united behind this anti-gun nonsense.

However, despite the massive numbers that showed up, Democrats in the state have vowed to basically ignore them.

But Democratic lawmakers — including House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn and Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw — told AP the rally wouldn’t impact their plans to pass gun-control measures, including universal background checks and a one-handgun-purchase-a-month limit. Democrats say tightening Virginia’s gun laws will make communities safer and help prevent mass shootings like the one last year in Virginia Beach, where a dozen people were killed in a municipal building.

“I was prepared to see a whole lot more people show up than actually did and I think it’s an indication that a lot of this rhetoric is bluster, quite frankly,” said Del. Chris Hurst, a gun-control advocate whose TV journalist girlfriend was killed in an on-air shooting in 2015.

He expected to see more than 20,000 people?

Oh, I doubt that.

What these Democrats are saying is that they don’t actually care about your voice, about your rights. They’re going to trample on them and they really don’t care what you have to say about it.

Luckily, the way Virginia’s elections laws are currently structured puts the House of Delegates up for reelection in 2021. That will be a critical election as it’ll also be a gubernatorial election.

In other words, all it takes is holding ground for a year or two and we can then undo all of this.

However, Democrats are also trying to change a number of laws regarding elections in the state, including extending the governor’s term and eliminating gubernatorial term limits . Those are likely to be hard sells, even with a complete majority by Democrats. Changes like that aren’t likely to play well in the immediate aftermath of a takeover and some lawmakers will likely be hesitant to go down that road.

That means in 2021, Virginia may begin the process of returning to sanity.

If that happens, Democrats will only have themselves to blame. Most of the counties in the state have made their intentions to ignore gun control legislation quite clear, 20,000 Virginians showed up to make their voices heard, and people are sending every signal they can to lawmakers not to infringe on their constitutionally-protected rights. If Democrat continue pushing this, what happens next will be on them.

For gun rights supporters, though, it means it’s time to dig in and get ready for 2021

Organize, rally, and educate.

Make sure people understand that gun rights are human rights, that gun control doesn’t work anyway, and it’s time to stop pretending that guns are the problem when the real solutions are still out there.

Do that over the next couple of years and watch the process of flipping back red begin.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BS - flip VA red in 2021. No "begin" the process

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like things went really well. I was proud to watch it. Way to go VA

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/x1igYnTpW50

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this may be Cortez' dumbest statement of all

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ce-confederate-flags

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's comments accusing Second Amendment supporters of "flying Confederate flags" during a peaceful rally in Richmond, Va. on Monday are "not worthy" of a response, Culpeper Country Sheriff Scott Jenkins said Tuesday.

Cortez:

"When we go out and march for the dignity and the recognition of the lives of people like Freddie Gray and Eric Garner, the whole place is surrounded by police in riot gear, without a gun in sight,"

because there are riots and Baltimore burned down

"And, here are all of these people flying Confederate flags with semi-automatic weapons, and [there are] almost no police officers at that protest.

because the day would have been the same if the police were not even there

"So, who or what are our institutions protecting from whom?"

Gun owners don't demand protection. They demand the right to protect themselves

xxxxxxxxxx

Freddie Gray - drug addict and drug pusher

Eric Garner - died because he resisted arrest

25,000 patriots w guns - no disturbances

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I went and had a good time. unfortunately, I did not get to see any other members there. My loss.

A friend of mine had his son go and his two friends. These are pretty quiet boys but good kids. They handed out flyers, and made it all the way into the capital building to talk to the reps. Only the Republicans were available. I was proud of them for standing up for their rights.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's comments accusing Second Amendment supporters of "flying Confederate flags" during a peaceful rally in Richmond, Va. on Monday are "not worthy" of a response, Culpeper Country Sheriff Scott Jenkins said Tuesday.

Show me the pictures of this occurring, or IT DIDN’T HAPPEN!!!

I call BULLSHIT, just everything else she has said and done. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to stick up for AOC... But while watching the numerous live streams, I did see one or more Confederate Flags being flown by individuals.

It was from the rooftop/copter footage.

I know this because I pointed it out to my wife and told her "wonder when those boys are going to get a talking to from the rest of the crowd".

Like I said... I saw one on a pole being hand carried like many other Gadsden Flags, American Flags, Rainbow Flags, etc. I may have seen that same flag more than once, or there were multiples.

As for me, the Confederate Flag is part of our history and does not represent a symbol of racism in all instances ... In my humble opinion.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have looked through all the photos and the only 'Confederate' Flag I can see is half American / half Confederate being flown next to a Rainbow Gadsden Flag.

I'd gladly be proven wrong but that is the only one I have seen photograph and seeing as this was billed as a "White Racist Rally", I figure if there was one it would be pictured front and center on page 1 of the MSM.

That and I don't equate the Confederate Flag in and of itself with racism, but that's beside the point.

ETA - This one, seen a couple of times in the photos. I can't find a true Confederate Flag in any of the photos.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Sig Forum legal experts;Can this happen if Northam continues on with his Tyranny? What is the legal mechanism to get this accomplished? Is it even possible?

Civil War II: Gun control could push Virginia counties to join West Virginia

https://www.washingtonexaminer...o-join-west-virginia

West Virginia lawmakers are scrambling to let rural Virginia counties join the Mountain State amid conservative voter anger with the new Democratic majority in Richmond and its push for gun control and other liberal initiatives.

In a building fight that echoes the Civil War-era split of the Old Dominion that created West Virginia in 1863, 40 of 100 West Virginia House delegates have signed on to legislation that would accept revolting Virginia counties and towns.

The effort began after the November elections when urban and suburban voters put the Virginia General Assembly into Democratic hands. Many of those Democrats ran on a platform of restricting and banning guns.

“We’re starting to get some phone calls from friends on the border who say these folks want to leave,” said West Virginia Del. Gary Howell.

Howell, a Republican, told Secrets that what started off as a long-shot effort “has turned into a real thing.”

He said that Virginia lawmakers and officials along the West Virginia border have cited the Democratic drive for gun control and desire to shift spending to the urban areas near Washington as reasons to leave for West Virginia.

In his bill, HCR 8, Howell and his team wrote about the urban-rural battle. “These tensions have been compounded by a perception of contempt on the part of the government at Richmond for the differences in certain fundamental political and societal principles which prevail between the varied counties and cities of that Commonwealth.”

He also cited gun control, a huge fight on display in Richmond Monday when some 22,000 gun owners protested restrictions sweeping through the state Senate. There is no new push for gun control in West Virginia.

“In the latest, and most evident, in this string of grievances, the government at Richmond now seeks to place intolerable restraints upon the rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution to the citizens of that Commonwealth,” said the Howell legislation, now before the rules committee. Howell is on the rules committee and is also the chairman of Government Organization Committee.

The bottom line in the legislation: “In a spirit of conciliation, the legislature of West Virginia hereby extends an invitation to our fellow Virginians who wish to do so, to join us in our noble experiment of 156 years of separation from the government at Richmond; and, we extend an invitation to any constituent county or city of the Commonwealth of Virginia to be admitted to the body politic of the state of West Virginia.”

One county that could lead the way with or without the legislation is Frederick, some 70 miles from Washington. It still has an open invitation from the 1800s to join West Virginia, and some members of the county board of supervisors have expressed support for a vote to leave.

In the West Virginia Senate, Sen. Charles Trump has offered a resolution urging Frederick County to join West Virginia.

Closer to D.C., Loudoun County was recently home to a short-lived effort to split, with some in the more rural and conservative western half — which borders West Virginia — bidding to create their own county called Catoctin for the mountains that provide a border.

Howell said that he has a team working on how any merger would work. He said that since West Virginia operates much like Virginia, it would be easy to merge police and infrastructure.

He also said that border shifts do not need federal approval.

“We’ve been looking way down the road. Once we realized that this was getting very real, we figured that we have to have answers for this, we have to have a plan in place, that’s what we’ve been discussing,” he told Secrets.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I spent most of the day either circling the perimeter or from an elevated position in a private parking garage I managed to get into. There were some confederate flags. Like. 3? Maybe? So to say there were “none” isn’t correct but to try and paint it as the predominant symbol (which is what that vacuous bitch is trying to do) is extremely disingenuous.

I am still very glad I went and did what I could. And although I expected as much, I am disappointed that the majority has vowed to let the display not matter one bit

I am still hoping 2 senators will vote against the mag ban/awb. I didn’t think there was anyway we weren’t getting UBCs, red flag laws, etc. hoping. But not hopeful (not trying to be a Debbie downer.....for me this has all always been about 2021)

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
OK Sig Forum legal experts;Can this happen if Northam continues on with his Tyranny? What is the legal mechanism to get this accomplished?

Civil War II: Gun control could push Virginia counties to join West Virginia

https://www.washingtonexaminer...o-join-west-virginia

West Virginia lawmakers are scrambling to let rural Virginia counties join the Mountain State amid conservative voter anger with the new Democratic majority in Richmond and its push for gun control and other liberal initiatives.

In his bill, HCR 8, Howell and his team wrote about the urban-rural battle. “These tensions have been compounded by a perception of contempt on the part of the government at Richmond for the differences in certain fundamental political and societal principles which prevail between the varied counties and cities of that Commonwealth.”
In the West Virginia Senate, Sen. Charles Trump has offered a resolution urging Frederick County to join West Virginia.

“We’ve been looking way down the road. Once we realized that this was getting very real, we figured that we have to have answers for this, we have to have a plan in place, that’s what we’ve been discussing,” he told Secrets.

One border county in Va that comes to mind is Highland County, bordered by Pendleton and Pocahontas Counties, WV. Highland county probably identifies more with WV than Va.

I think the rural people of Va are just about fed up with NoVa and Richmond.

I do hope this thread continues, even though the rally happened and most of the counties have gone 2ASanc.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post