SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Of the SF members that attended the event today, I'm curious if any of you spoke with legislators there, and if so, what their reactions were to it?

I intended to lobby, but I arrived at the Capitol too late.

My thinking was that the opportunity to meet with legislators doesn't happen often, so it would be a great opportunity to both unite with other 2A supporters while combining missions and getting face time with the reps. making laws...just seems like a missed opportunity for 2A supporters...but thank you for going and trying to lobby! Seems like those of you who went have a pretty cool day to remember with pride.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
It was a good day. I have to say, first class effort by our LEO's. Just a prime example of the quality of people we have working in our state.

Yes it was. It was nice to meet you in person, as well as 10-7_Leo, Architect, and Thunderson. Sorry I missed you 95flhr.

Great job guys showing up!

It was nice to meet you all, as well!

It was a GREAT day!

ETA: My only regret was not being able to meet other forum members who were there.

Thanks for all of the support of the forum from a distance! It is encouraging!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
but people told me it was there as well as some snipers.

From inside the fenced in area, I saw 3 snipers/overwatch types on each side of the Capitol building facing towards Bank Street (can see 3 in one of the pics I posted). There were approximately 15 or so on top of the Court of Appeals building, with an additional 4 on top of the building at 9th and Franklin doing drone recon. Also noticed some open windows on the top floor of the apartment complex. I'd imagine there was some kind of surveillance being done out of there too.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I saw video earlier from the surrounding streets and not just the capital grounds. Waaaaaaay more than 120,000 there. I would say closer to 300,000, possibly more.

um, no. 30k is what I am betting.

From the pics you’ve posted and the videos and pictures I’ve seen from other sites, there was way more than just 30k people there. I’ve been to football games at Ohio Stadium (capacity 100,000) and Sanford Stadiium (93,000) and the crowds you had today were that or more.

Either way, great job guys!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Great job in Richmond today. I am hoping the Legislature was paying attention.

Virginia's Delegates and Senators have offices in their home districts -- we can stop in and see them or their office managers/reps to give them our opinions on a 1:1 basis.

I just checked my Delegate's web page, and he has a survey about the major initiatives the Democratic Party is pushing this session - so I got the chance to give my input directly. Yes, some of the questions are presented in a biased manner... but I could get my point across. All of the current gun control initiatives are in there.

And I just found out my Senator has a Twitter page, where he brings up issues like gun control and asks for comments! (Your Senator or Delegate might have Twitter accounts too). Twitter provides a great opportunity to frame concise, polite, logical reasons why it is more important to enforce current laws against violent crime than it is to try to take guns away from law-abiding citizens - and I will be on Twitter, which is new for me, to do just that.

Contact your Senator and Delegate and give them your views on Gun Control (and other Progressive initiatives for Virginia)!

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
RPD is reporting 7k inside the fence and 15k outside for 22k total. Everybody who was there said that number was max sustained numbers but total that came/went at some point (not everybody stayed all day) was definitely multiples of that.

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...endment-unprotected/

On the very day that Virginians rallied in support of gun rights President Trump tweeted that he will never leave the Second Amendment “unprotected.”

President Trump tweet:

I will NEVER allow our great Second Amendment to go unprotected, not even a little bit!

xxxxxxxxxx

On January 17, Breitbart News reported Trump warning voters to learn from the gun control push in Virginia. He noted, “Your 2nd Amendment is under very serious attack in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia. That’s what happens when you vote for Democrats, they will take your guns away. Republicans will win Virginia in 2020.”

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is all very encouraging viewing it from CA.

For us living behind enemy lines, this should serve as a beacon that there are many, many, likeminded, law abiding firearm owners who are concerned enough about their rights to actually show-up to their lawmakers and let their voice be heard. It wasn't too long ago that VA was safely red, hopefully the last 10-years have woken people up to the realization that they too can be like Colorado or, slip all the way to CA, NY, MA, CT. Keep up the fight Virginians!

Posts: 14635 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'm certain that there were 10-12K inside the fence. They had people taking a tally on the downlow doing a headcount as you were screened going in. They told everyone before the event that once 10k was reached, they'd stop the flow in and that happened about 10am as far as I know. As for those outside, my best guess would be much closer to the 80-90K. Nobody will know for sure as bodies were moving constantly to keep warm and be seen, but I am sure it's well north of 50k and closer to the 100k mark that was predicted.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Just got home from the event. Good investment of time I believe. I’ll second what’s been said already by others.

Question: is there some kind of metric politicians use, like “for every person that shows up to an in person like this equals [x] votes”

Posts: 502 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I already posted that at 930am I couldn't get closer than 3 miles to the rally by car. The roads around the Diamond were clogged.

I believe a lot of people just couldn't get there later in the morning.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
"Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully," said Northam. "I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe."

This is code for "fuck you, I didn't learn a thing today, I still want to confiscate your guns."

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
Just got home from the event. Good investment of time I believe. I’ll second what’s been said already by others.

Question: is there some kind of metric politicians use, like “for every person that shows up to an in person like this equals [x] votes”

The buses running from the western part of the state were sold out.It showed this when you hit the ticket button. I bet many,many more people would have shown up if they ran more buses.

I would have liked to have seen marches in all the sanctuary county seats going on at the same time as the Richmond rally. I bet the streets all over Virginia would have been overflowing.

Posts: 12659 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

Try Canada, New Zealand, maybe Iran.

In all seriousness, stop posting your bullshit and move on.

That you served in the military is irrelevant.

Your bad attitude has no place here or in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever self-reflected ARC? Ever? Your attitude is bad. How else but with bad attitude can you turn someone who is a 100% disabled Gulf War (all of them, on the ground/in the air) 30 yr veteran (pilot) into a "dipshit" and a "coward?"

I'm certainly neither of these things and your attitude lets you cast me that way? Your narcissism is larger than the universe if you're smug enough to turn me into your kind of dipshit coward. I flew 6,800+ hours (non training), incurred holes, tears and blasts and still managed to land hot in places that stood the hairs on my neck - not very dipshit-like nor cowardly by reasonable standards, but in "your" world, I'm a cowardly dipshit. Wow. Think about that.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Question for those in attendance...was there a visible presence of ANTIFA and if so, what was their attitude? Did they even "engage" in protest, hold up 2A signage, mingle/converse with VCDL folks, or anything like that?? And did the NRA have a presence there?

GREAT job, my Virginia neighbors (though it's a long stretch to Houston. Smile).
I think posts were going by so fast that maybe my questions got lost in the shuffle. Any feedback??

Again...GREAT job, Virginians!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Now, with the momentum and high spirits of today I encourage each Virginian to work toward the election with front lines style activism. There does need to be zealous opposition to gov. Caligula and his fellow travelers. Apply that zeal in some way every day to recruit, organize and evangelize until the electoral defeat is astounding and humiliating. That is a weapon tyrants cannot ban.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, SteadyHand, your point is made. Everybody got their shots in. Let's have you and arcwelder unload and show clear.

Come on, guys. Let's put aside our differences in this thread.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
"Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully," said Northam. "I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe."

This is code for "fuck you, I didn't learn a thing today, I still want to confiscate your guns."

^^^^^^^
Most assuredly.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
ShakeyKnees, why don’t you throw out that 100% disabled veteran shit a few more times. Get a clue bud. It’s great if you served but that doesn’t give you the right to come in here and shit all over our massive rally in VA, our mods/admins in this forum or excuse your bullshit cut and run attitude.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

Try Canada, New Zealand, maybe Iran.

In all seriousness, stop posting your bullshit and move on.

That you served in the military is irrelevant.

Your bad attitude has no place here or in this thread.

Have you ever self-reflected ARC? Ever? Your attitude is bad. How else but with bad attitude can you turn someone who is a 100% disabled Gulf War (all of them, on the ground/in the air) 30 yr veteran (pilot) into a "dipshit" and a "coward?"

I'm certainly neither of these things and your attitude lets you cast me that way? Your narcissism is larger than the universe if you're smug enough to turn me into your kind of dipshit coward. I flew 6,800+ hours (non training), incurred holes, tears and blasts and still managed to land hot in places that stood the hairs on my neck - not very dipshit-like nor cowardly by reasonable standards, but in "your" world, I'm a cowardly dipshit. Wow. Think about that.[/QUOTE]

Your service has nothing to do with all the bellyaching you've done in this thread. Your service has nothing to do with your terrible, and yes apparently cowardly attitude that has you leaving MA, and now apparently VA. This "VA has fallen" pall you've brought to the thread is entirely unwelcome. Nobody needs that shit.

You can either be positive and supportive of the efforts to fend of the Democrats, or you can stay out of the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post