SIGforum
Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8330006364

December 04, 2019, 12:09 PM
GWbiker
Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
quote:
The DEMs are very very good at turning out their voters....

Even if they have to bus them in from other areas.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
December 04, 2019, 12:42 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
The DEMs are very very good at turning out their voters....

Even if they have to bus them in from other areas.
Or exhume them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
December 04, 2019, 01:53 PM
sdy
U.S. House members are up for reelection in 2020

In 2018 DEM Abigail Spanberger defeated REP Dave Brat for Virginia seventh congressional district

REP Nick Freitas just won a VA Delegate position, but he now has announced he will run against Spanberger in 2020 (first he must win the REP primary)

Immediately after Freitas announced he was running for U.S. House, Senators Rand Paul and Mike Lee endorsed him

Freitas is a former green beret.
December 04, 2019, 02:22 PM
10-7 leo
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
U.S. House members are up for reelection in 2020

In 2018 DEM Abigail Spanberger defeated REP Dave Brat for Virginia seventh congressional district

REP Nick Freitas just won a VA Delegate position, but he now has announced he will run against Spanberger in 2020 (first he must win the REP primary)

Immediately after Freitas announced he was running for U.S. House, Senators Rand Paul and Mike Lee endorsed him

Freitas is a former green beret.

This year our candidate will be determined at a convention.

There are a number of people who will be seeking the nomination. I think the count now stands at six. There are two former green berets, a former SEAL, a bar owner, a lady that I can't remember what she does now, and another guy who I don't recall what he does, either.

The second green beret is a West Point grad, has already worked in the Trump admin. and has a very good resume.

It might be a difficult choice as to who is best qualified.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin
December 04, 2019, 03:39 PM
fiasconva
My county had a meeting last night and decided to bring it up at the next meeting on the 17th. I wrote my local supervisor encouraging him to vote for it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
December 04, 2019, 05:06 PM
sdy
a gentle suggestion - write to all the supervisors. Have your friends write to all the supervisors.
December 05, 2019, 05:26 AM
ceptor781
Here’s the speakers at the Fairfax County BoS meeting Tuesday night. It appears the board may address it at the January 14th meeting. Get the word out, contact all of the board members in the mean time and plan on attending. Those outside of Fairfax willing to do the above are thanked in advanced for their support.

Fairfax BoS Part 1

Fairfax BoS Part 2

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."
December 05, 2019, 03:58 PM
sdy
Daniel Gade is the Republican candidate I am supporting to run against Mark Warner next November.

December 05, 2019, 08:35 PM
Skins2881
Herring says we are just following gun lobby. Then says cops won't allow felons to buy guns. WTAF? No one wants felons to own guns, we are talking about making legal, vetted gun owners felons. Way to conflate shit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
December 05, 2019, 08:48 PM
Micropterus
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Herring says we are just following gun lobby. Then says cops won't allow felons to buy guns. WTAF? No one wants felons to own guns, we are talking about making legal, vetted gun owners felons. Way to conflate shit.

Herring. Another black-face wearing, baby-butchering sack of shit.

December 05, 2019, 08:52 PM
parabellum
What he said makes no sense, and I think he knows that it's not going to work out like he's saying. Also, he fails to realize that these resolutions embolden the populace to ignore any bans.

In a year's time, he won't be wearing a smile when talking about how the state is doing with enforcing these unconstitutional laws.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
December 05, 2019, 09:00 PM
vthoky
He's about a smug somebody, isn't he?

God bless America.
December 05, 2019, 09:27 PM
parabellum
He should enjoy the feeling, because it's not gonna last. I don't think he understand how people are going to react to these unconstitutional laws. I don't think understands at all. And I don't think he understands how law enforcement is going to act. Just who does he think makes up the law enforcement community in his state? Robots?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
December 05, 2019, 10:02 PM
wcb6092
Police officers know the good citizens and the bad. Local police in sanctuary areas will leave non felon citizens who don't engage in criminal activity alone.

The State agencies would be the ones to watch out for.But they have to work with local officers to survive.State Police routinely rely on local Law Enforcement for back up.Might be 2 State troopers working a county at night. One might get caught up in an accident investigation.Second Trooper pulls over a car and desperately needs backup. The local Leo responds to help.

So if the state Officers show no respect to sanctuary counties they may become neutered for lack of support from local Leos.

December 05, 2019, 10:25 PM
vthoky
According to the ol' Wiki, Mark is part of Ralph's blackface club....

Additional [WaPo] link

God bless America.
December 05, 2019, 11:47 PM
Leemur
Herring, who wouldn’t detain, arrest or turn over illegals to ICE now suddenly believes that sanctuary localities make no difference. Also, this pathetic excuse for a jester expects everyone to obey the law. Well guess what Shitfer the Clown, I expect you and the other two stooges to resign but we don’t always get what we want do we?
December 06, 2019, 05:19 AM
SSgt USMC/Vet
Here in Mecklenburg County Va. the vote is pending the next board meeting.
December 06, 2019, 06:22 AM
sdy
latest from VCDL:

In three weeks we now have 45 Second Amendment Sanctuary counties, towns, and cities.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is a change in the wind. If you are involved in this movement, you feel it
December 06, 2019, 07:29 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Police officers know the good citizens and the bad. Local police in sanctuary areas will leave non felon citizens who don't engage in criminal activity alone.

The State agencies would be the ones to watch out for.But they have to work with local officers to survive.State Police routinely rely on local Law Enforcement for back up.Might be 2 State troopers working a county at night. One might get caught up in an accident investigation.Second Trooper pulls over a car and desperately needs backup. The local Leo responds to help.

So if the state Officers show no respect to sanctuary counties they may become neutered for lack of support from local Leos.

I've been saying this for I don't know how long. You are exactly correct.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

December 06, 2019, 09:15 AM
RogB
If 2nd Amendment sanctuary counties are illegal, how is it that sanctuary cities to protect illegal immigrants are legal? Doesn't the federal government control immigration policies?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself