SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
“The overall goal here is to protect and ensure the safety of our members and of the people that are in our building coming and going,” Democratic Del. Marcus Simon said before the vote.

The ban would apply to lawmakers in addition to the general public.

Republicans have voiced opposition to banning guns at the Capitol and some GOP lawmakers routinely carry guns while at the legislature. “I feel this egregious, I think it’s an overreach.” said Del. Terry Austin.

How will they enforce this?
I guess with metal detectors and state police searches at every entrance?
If I were a Delegate, I'd feel safer with my own carry gun.

They are afraid.

It is insane. Soon everything "Gun" will be a felony.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I think that is what they are trying to do.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I’ve emailed and spoken directly with my senator, unfortunately it’s (D)David “they’re acting like boorish children” Marsden. So there’s no hope there. During our conversation he stated, “you responsible gun owners are the problem” and then went off on a tangent about what happens to your guns when you die and all the threats he’s received from 2A supporters. When pressed about him reporting these threats he backpedaled that they weren’t really threats but vulgar language.

And I’ve emailed my delegate, (D)Karrie Delaney, but have not received a response. I’m optimistic as the only firearm legislation I can find her on is commending the state 4H shotgun team.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
During our conversation he stated, “you responsible gun owners are the problem” .

But criminals,and thugs are not a problem.
Since they could give a rat's ass about passing laws.
Great attitide.

From the liberal rag news of Roanoke:

RICHMOND, Va. (WDBJ7)- Virginia lawmakers have voted to ban firearms at the state Capitol, the first in what's expected to be many contentious gun votes in coming weeks.

Newly empowered Democrats in the General Assembly voted Friday to ban guns at the Capitol and a legislative office building, saying the move was needed to protect public safety.

Republicans have voiced opposition to such a ban and some GOP lawmakers routinely carry guns into the Capitol.

Public officials have expressed concerns about planned Jan. 20 rallies that are set to draw huge crowds of pro-gun and gun-control advocates."

Of course, include your opposition party in your silly games name calling. I am sure there are many Democrats that did the same thing.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope I am doing this right. I just got this from the VCDL

https://mailchi.mp/aef93dc1f0d...at-8-am?e=f2548ca2fb

I plan on being there.

Posts: 620 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Now they want to ban outdoor ranges. This bill, if voted into law, would eliminate my club. My club was founded in the 1940s in an extremely rural area. In the 1980s neighborhoods built up around it. Those new residents sued and the gun club won each time. This bill would kill it:

2020 SESSION
INTRODUCED
20102617D
SENATE BILL NO. 353
Offered January 8, 2020
Prefiled January 6, 2020
A BILL to amend the Code of Virginia by adding in Article 3 of Chapter 12 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-511.2, relating to outdoor shooting ranges; prohibited adjacent to residential areas; exceptions; civil penalty.
––––––––––
Patron––Bell
––––––––––
Referred to Committee on the Judiciary
––––––––––
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That the Code of Virginia is amended by adding in Article 3 of Chapter 12 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-511.2 as follows:

§ 18.2-511.2. Outdoor shooting ranges; prohibited adjacent to residential areas; exceptions; civil penalty.

A. As used in this section, "outdoor shooting range" means any partially enclosed or unenclosed area or facility designed for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, black powder, or any other similar sport shooting.
B. It is unlawful to operate an outdoor shooting range within 500 yards of any property zoned for residential use unless the Range Design Criteria developed by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Health, Safety and Security have been met.
C. Any person who violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation
thereafter.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
I guess that means the guy who was heading to the Capitol to commit murder will now be dissuaded due to the possibility of being charged with misdemeanor trespassing because he brought a gun into the Capitol. Genius! This, people, is why gun free zones work!

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Reading this thread is making me physically sick to my stomach.

Hate is a strong word, but my feelings toward the democrats in this country has progressed well beyond simple disagreement.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
I hope I am doing this right. I just got this from the VCDL

https://mailchi.mp/aef93dc1f0d...at-8-am?e=f2548ca2fb

I plan on being there.

my wife and I emailed. Sanislaw is the primary to SB 16. So he is not likely to do much but piss all over the state and federal constitution.

quote:
URGENT ACTION ALERT ITEMS!

Democrats delayed getting this information out until Friday afternoon intentionally!

There are a series of extremely bad gun-control bills to be heard on Monday at 8 AM in the Senate Judiciary Committee:

General Assembly Building
Senate Room A
9th and Main Streets in Richmond

ACTION ITEM #1:

We need a large turnout to flood the room with GSL stickers and we need to be there early to get seats! This is where the rubber meets the road!

NEW RULE: GUNS ARE NOT ALLOWED NOW INSIDE THE BUILDING, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A CHP.

ACTION ITEM #2:

We need to absolutely bombard the Judiciary Committee's email! Click on this link to send a prewritten email to the Judiciary Committee:

https://oneclickpolitics.globa...s/edit?promo_id=7553

ACTION ITEM #3:

Spread this alert and that link far and wide!

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Hate is a strong word, but my feelings toward the democrats in this country has progressed well beyond simple disagreement.

It's not only you.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Chris Muir (Day By Day Cartoon) nails it again.

- - - - -

And for a bit of inspiration: Mark Robinson.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/OgOt2Lzlz1Q

(Thank you to Chase and the Karmanator for the code help.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not sure how the GDC’s can ban ranges. Seems like deliberate overreaching in order divert attention and diffuse resistance from their real objective, which are the gun bans.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Not sure how the GDC’s can ban ranges. Seems like deliberate overreaching in order divert attention and diffuse resistance from their real objective, which are the gun bans.

They might be able to regulate the number of gun ranges in a community.

Tucson did just that a number of years ago with city ordinance regulating only two pistol ranges within the city.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

It's not only you.

You can add me to the list as well. I was raised to be tolerant and to not hate and to try and live by the golden rule, which I've done most of my life. I'm at a point now where I hate child molesters and elite democrats equally. That's harsh but really, I can't tolerate anyone who wants to take away my God given rights as outlined by the Constitution and my ability to protect myself and my family. I agree with everything Mr. Robinson said in his speech to the NRA and I'll stand up and fight for those rights, whatever it takes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have extreme, raging, persistent and growing hatred by the day. It's as though I understand the need for war for the first time, because sometimes, one side is quite simply being maleficent and evil for no good reason at all...and I spent 30 years on active-duty.

Squashing law-abiding gun owners merely because there are murderous people is like squashing law-abiding car drivers merely because there are drunk-drivers. It makes no sense.

I had never before quite rested on what the meaning of my life was or could be - simply enlisting out of high school then commissioning later was a matter of course (military family)...if my life can serve this cause and provide for generations of warning to future tyrants, then so be it - that shall define the reason for my having lived enough to make it happen.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herring pulled this stunt a few years ago and received so much flak that he backed down.This time he may not feel the need to back down.

Virginia gun proposal puts concealed carry agreements with other states in jeopardy

https://www.washingtonexaminer...r-states-in-jeopardy

Virginia Democratic Del. Dan Helmer filed a bill Wednesday that would give the commonwealth’s attorney general, Mark Herring, discretion over which states’ carry permits Virginia would continue to recognize.

Virginia’s current concealed carry reciprocity law recognizes every out-of-state concealed carry license, but the new proposal from Helmer could limit the number of out-of-state concealed carry permits Virginia recognizes if Herring deems their carry permit requirements insufficient.

“This is certainly more restrictive than the current process, which recognizes everyone's permit. He can start saying, well, for this reason or that reason, I'm not going to recognize their permit now,” Virginia lawyer George Lyon of Arsenal Attorneys told the Washington Examiner.

Lyon noted, ”There are provisions where people can be denied a permit. For example, if they've had a stalking conviction or if they've had a drug conviction or possibly multiple DUI convictions.”

Virginia is home to the headquarters for the National Rifle Association. The legislature flipped from Republican to Democrat after the 2019 election.

The state's concealed carry reciprocity law was briefly tinkered with in 2015, after the then-Republican majority General Assembly found itself in a grudge match with Herring over firearms-related issues.

When Republicans initially refused to budge over passing two specific measures, Herring ceased concealed carry reciprocity agreements Virginia had with the 25 states. Six of these states, which had recognized Virginia's concealed carry permit on the condition that the commonwealth recognize their concealed carry licenses, severed their agreements with Virginia as well.

Republicans and Democrats came to a compromise on the measures, one associated with domestic violence and protective orders and the other related to state police being stationed at gun shows for background checks of private sellers. Herring restored not just the original reciprocity agreements but ensured reciprocity pacts with every state that offers them. As a result of this deal, all out-of-state concealed carry permit holders could carry concealed in Virginia.

The Washington Examiner reached out to Herring's and Helmer's offices, but they did not provide comment.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The more this complete disregard for it's citizens rights goes on, the more I see VA flipping next cycle...and I'm strongly beginning to believe we will not only win the presidency and keep the Senate, but that we will win back the house from these traitorous leftists. The smartest democrat in the field seems to think so too.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/g...p-taking-back-house/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15574 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Transfer from another thread:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Virginians voted these fools in and it's up to Virginians to vote them out.
I suspect many were asleep at the switch at voting time, didn't believe this would happen, and hopefully won't be during the next round.

Why does Virginia vote for its House of Delegates in odd years (2019, 2021)? It seems to me that they would have better turn out in even years when people vote for national offices.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
So my question is what happens after we all become felon? What do we think these clowns really think is going to happen?

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post