SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
According to VCDL with the addition of Highland County the count is now at 125 sanctuaries or 94% of all localities. Only considering counties that percentage rises to 96%.

Since the remainder is so low, then I vote the 96% of us refuse to spend a dime in those anti 2A counties...not on gas, not on fast-food, not on anything, and make it known...loud and clear...Dems are raining havoc on the 2A, and therefore severe unrelenting economic consequences will continue in Democrat counties until the 2A is fully restored. My 2 cents.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Skins, its all good. We're on the same team.

That's the spirit! Now let's get back after chewing on our politicians rather than chewing on each other. Wink

As for getting manufacturers to stop doing business with tyrannical counties: how can we go about that? I'm not closely familiar with what companies are suppliers to what localities, and I don't want LEO getting hurt as a result, but I'm certainly up for writing letters and emails and asking suppliers to exert some influence on their customers.

"Hit 'em in the pocketbook," they say....

- - - - - -

I got email from Del. Joe McNamara today. The following is clipped from that message:

"While the legislative horizon is uncertain with Democrats taking control of both state houses, it is imperative that we, the good people of Virginia, fight to preserve the Commonwealth we know and love.

[snip]

I will to continue to fight for lower taxes, Second Amendment rights, and the right to life. We need a smaller, lighter, and more efficient government."

McNamara isn't my area's delegate, but that didn't stop me from responding to the email requesting specifics on his plan to fight for our rights. In my opinion, it's too often that a politician's office staff says, "we hear your voices," but offers no details on how they intend to support us. It's time to ask pointed questions and request (I dislike the word 'demand') specific answers.

- - - - - -

Following is contact information, copied and pasted, if you'd be inclined to pile on:

Richmond Mailing Address
Pocahontas Building, 900 E. Main St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Phone
(804)698-1008, Richmond Office
(540)384-0276, Roanoke Office

Staff

Robert Andrews
Legislative Aide
DelJMcNamara@house.virginia.gov

Evyn Duff
Deputy Legislative Aide
DelJMcNamara@house.virginia.gov

- - - - - -

quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
Since the remainder is so low, then I vote the 96% of us refuse to spend a dime in those anti 2A counties...not on gas, not on fast-food, not on anything, and make it known...loud and clear...Dems are raining havoc on the 2A, and therefore severe unrelenting economic consequences will continue in Democrat counties until the 2A is fully restored. My 2 cents.

It's a good start, I think. In the words of a previous boss: "Make 'em feel the pain a little."

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Might be very difficult to achieve for those who happen to live and work in those locations.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:

This. The Democratic Party in my area posted the exact thing on Facebook when my county was debating sanctuary status. They encouraged their folks to not spend a dime in any 2A county. Then my county voted for it and they realized they would have to drive 45 minutes or more to get somewhere that wasn't a 2A sanctuary. They took the post down. Fortunately the Republican Party in my area grabbed a screenshot.

It would be slightly inconvenient, but that's it. I work in an area that hasn't passed yet. Should they choose to not pass the resolution I would simply have to make sure I'm gassed up before I leave my county, and if I grab lunch out, do so in a pro-town or county. The beauty here is one really doesn't have to go too far out of their way to find a pro-area. Sucks for those stuck behind enemy lines though.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last word was Prince William did not vote on the resolution last night. Fairfax is scheduled for the 14th (I think).

Edit: According to a sign seen in Woodbridge today, Prince William is to vote on the resolution at a hearing on Jan. 21.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Interesting article for those looking to attend the "Lobby Day" 2nd Amendment rally.

Bracken has always been a bit tin foil-ish (or maybe not) but his over all message makes sense

"Don't be the buffalo"

https://www.americanpartisan.o...f-all-buffalo-jumps/

If you do attend keep your head on a swivel and keep an eye out for who you are standing near

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ So if I'm reading this correctly, according to the author, VSP will be pulling every single vehicle over that is attempting to enter Richmond and check their vehicle for firearms and essentially registering them on the spot? Did I get that right? Lol,wut?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
According to VCDL with the addition of Highland County the count is now at 125 sanctuaries or 94% of all localities. Only considering counties that percentage rises to 96%.

I’ve been doing this already. I knew Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Waynesboro and Staunton would be communist areas so I stopped spending there as much as possible. No gas, groceries, etc, Order more things online if I can’t get them in friendly areas.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the delegate and state senator emails. I am emailing daily. If you do, please be polite, concise and on point.

If you don't want to write your own, this link is to the VCDL mail chimp emailer. It will focus on your district only.

https://oneclickpolitics.globa...s/edit?promo_id=7527

DelDAdams@house.virginia.gov
DelLAird@house.virginia.gov,
DelLAdams@house.virginia.gov,
DelAAskew@house.virginia.gov,
DelJAvoli@house.virginia.gov,
DelHAyala@house.virginia.gov,
DelLBagby@house.virginia.gov,
DelABatten@house.virginia.gov,
DelRBell@house.virginia.gov,
DelRBloxom@house.virginia.gov,
DelJBourne@house.virginia.gov,
DelEBrewer@house.virginia.gov,
DelDBulova@house.virginia.gov,
DelKByron@house.virginia.gov,
DelJCampbell@house.virginia.gov,
DelRCampbell@house.virginia.gov,
DelBCarr@house.virginia.gov,
DelJCarrollFoy@house.virginia.gov,
DelLCarter@house.virginia.gov,
DelJCole@house.virginia.gov,
DelMCole@house.virginia.gov,
DelCCollins@house.virginia.gov,
DELKConvirs-Fowler@house.virginia.gov,
DelKCox@house.virginia.gov,
DelCCoyner@house.virginia.gov,
DelGDavis@house.virginia.gov,
DelKDelaney@house.virginia.gov,
DelJEdmunds@house.virginia.gov,
DelMFariss@house.virginia.gov,
DelEFiller-Corn@house.virginia.gov,
DelBFowler@house.virginia.gov,
DelNFreitas@house.virginia.gov,
DelTGilbert@house.virginia.gov,
DelWGooditis@house.virginia.gov,
DelNGuy@house.virginia.gov,
DelEGuzman@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHayes@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHead@house.virginia.gov,
DelDHelmer@house.virginia.gov,
DelSHeretick@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHerring@house.virginia.gov,
DelKHodges@house.virginia.gov,
DelPHope@house.virginia.gov,
DelSHudson@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHurst@house.virginia.gov,
DelCJenkins@house.virginia.gov,
DelJJones@house.virginia.gov,
DelMKeam@house.virginia.gov,
DelTKilgore@house.virginia.gov,
DelBKnight@house.virginia.gov,
DelKKory@house.virginia.gov,
DelPKrizek@house.virginia.gov,
DelDLaRock@house.virginia.gov,
DelJLeftwich@house.virginia.gov,
DelMLevine@house.virginia.gov,
DelJLindsey@house.virginia.gov,
DelALopez@house.virginia.gov,
DelDMarshall@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMcGuire@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMcNamara@house.virginia.gov,
DelDMcQuinn@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMiyares@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMorefield@house.virginia.gov,
DelMMugler@house.virginia.gov,
DelMMullin@house.virginia.gov,
DelKMurphy@house.virginia.gov,
DelIOQuinn@house.virginia.gov,
DelBOrrock@house.virginia.gov,
DelKPlum@house.virginia.gov,
DelCPoindexter@house.virginia.gov,
DelMPrice@house.virginia.gov,
DelMRansone@house.virginia.gov,
DelSRasoul@house.virginia.gov,
DelDReid@house.virginia.gov,
DelRRobinson@house.virginia.gov,
DelDRoem@house.virginia.gov,
DelCRunion@house.virginia.gov,
DelNRush@house.virginia.gov,
DelISamirah@house.virginia.gov,
DelDScott@house.virginia.gov,
DelMSickles@house.virginia.gov,
DelMSimon@house.virginia.gov,
DelSSimonds@house.virginia.gov,
DelSSubramanyam@house.virginia.gov,
DelRSullivan@house.virginia.gov,
DelLTorian@house.virginia.gov,
DelKTran@house.virginia.gov,
DelRTyler@house.virginia.gov,
DELSVanValkenburg@house.virginia.gov,
DelWWalker@house.virginia.gov,
DelWWampler@house.virginia.gov,
DelJWard@house.virginia.gov,
DelLWare@house.virginia.gov,
DelVWatts@house.virginia.gov,
DelMWebert@house.virginia.gov,
DelRWillett@house.virginia.gov,
DelTWilt@house.virginia.gov,
DelTWright@house.virginia.gov,
DelSWyatt@house.virginia.gov,
district39@senate.virginia.gov,
district13@senate.virginia.gov,
district33@senate.virginia.gov,
district38@senate.virginia.gov,
district11@senate.virginia.gov,
district14@senate.virginia.gov,
district25@senate.virginia.gov,
district08@senate.virginia.gov,
district12@senate.virginia.gov,
district30@senate.virginia.gov,
district21@senate.virginia.gov,
district31@senate.virginia.gov,
district24@senate.virginia.gov,
district10@senate.virginia.gov,
district32@senate.virginia.gov,
district07@senate.virginia.gov,
district06@senate.virginia.gov,
district02@senate.virginia.gov,
district18@senate.virginia.gov,
district37@senate.virginia.gov,
district01@senate.virginia.gov,
district09@senate.virginia.gov,
district04@senate.virginia.gov,
district29@senate.virginia.gov,
district16@senate.virginia.gov,
district23@senate.virginia.gov,
district03@senate.virginia.gov,
district26@senate.virginia.gov,
district22@senate.virginia.gov,
district34@senate.virginia.gov,
district40@senate.virginia.gov,
district17@senate.virginia.gov,
district15@senate.virginia.gov,
district35@senate.virginia.gov,
district05@senate.virginia.gov,
district20@senate.virginia.gov,
district28@senate.virginia.gov,
district19@senate.virginia.gov,
district36@senate.virginia.gov,
district27@senate.virginia.gov

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Interesting article for those looking to attend the "Lobby Day" 2nd Amendment rally.

Bracken has always been a bit tin foil-ish (or maybe not) but his over all message makes sense

"Don't be the buffalo"

https://www.americanpartisan.o...f-all-buffalo-jumps/

If you do attend keep your head on a swivel and keep an eye out for who you are standing near

I didn't really read this in any detail (can't bring myself to read what's basically a surrender piece) but I think I get the gist – stay home on lobby day. Here's his solution: continue doing things the same way we have for years and years that have failed miserably and brought us to the point we're at now. Don't try a different approach even though your back is finally at the edge of the cliff and you're about to be pushed off. There's risk and you may get hurt or jack-booted.

Incidentally, this clown hails from Baltimore, MD.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
OK...I love that jpeg...stolen Big Grin

I don't think he is advising doing nothing just be advised if the neo F-sticks show up the MSM will have a field day with it. And just like during the Tea Party days all you will see and hear is how we are all nazi racist misogynistic tranny beating homophobic Chik Fil a eating unwashed bubbas

If you have read any of his books you know his style....bit too much drama

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
OK...I love that jpeg...stolen Big Grin

I stole it from someone on another forum Big Grin

In the opening remarks of his article, he asks, why go charging into Richmond when the law will be challenged in court? In other words, stay home. Here's a man that still, despite all evidence to the contrary, still believes in the Integrity of the government and its various institutions. The courts are not our friends and I'm speaking beyond the 2A. They work hand in glove with the other branches and certainly not independently. For them to side with The People over what is essentially themselves, they'd have to be confident that a ruling against us would result in a complete and total shit-storm. That's not going to happen if people stay home and leave it to the lawyers and their verbal diarrhea.

He suggests not bringing long guns to lobby day even though it's perfectly legal. In other words, don't exercise your right while you're fighting to keep your right because you may provoke politicians to take away your right. Brilliant.

Here's one of his suggestions: meet with other gun owners at the range to have a shooting event and film it. Yeah, that'll show them.

There's many more nuggets of shit in this mess; too many to waste any more time on. This is nothing but a spoiler piece.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
^ So if I'm reading this correctly, according to the author, VSP will be pulling every single vehicle over that is attempting to enter Richmond and check their vehicle for firearms and essentially registering them on the spot? Did I get that right? Lol,wut?

It was a pretty dumb article, I wouldn't take anything away from it.

He should have thrown in something about the boggyman, UFOs, and chemtrails while he was at it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20809 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

This pictorial needs to be printed on weather-resistant poster board and displayed in a billion locations throughout Virginia for the next 100 years of elections.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
This was posted by Nick Freitas today:

"From Nick Freitas:
VA House Democrats have just voted to allow a committee (that none of us know who will be on, and that is the only Committee without proportional representation) to make rules for the rest of the house that will effect both us and the public, without even allowing the house to vote on those rules once they are created.

So basically an attack on both transparency and democratic process on day 1."

This was posted by Todd Gilbert:

The dems have lost their freaking minds

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Tyrants. Just like their counterparts in the U.S. Congress.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
They are trying to foment civil war so they can scream “See? Right wing extremism!”.

They are traitors to democracy.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg strategy

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-abrams-org-n2559191

The loser of the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial race, Stacey Abrams, will be hosting Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg at an invite-only voting rights summit in Atlanta on Friday.

Bloomberg donated $500,000 to the Abrams campaign for governor in 2018 and $5 million to Abrams' Fair Fight organization.

Abrams stated back in August that she was open to being vice president to "any nominee" running for president in the 2020 election.

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post