SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
This is like a living nightmare.

I'm literally losing sleep over all of this.

How can this actually happen in the U.S. - I served 30 yrs active-duty, 100% disabled vet from combat and now I hate this place with all my soul.

Because 1/2 of Virginians able to do so DID NOT VOTE. I posted statistics earlier in this thread.

And I stand by my assertions that Bloomberg did not buy this election - that it was gift from non-voters to Democrats. Of course, the feckless Republican party didn't help by not running candidates in 25+% of the races.

These are the facts, swallow them if you can:

<snip>.

As I read your post about the republican voters dropping the ball and the Republican party asleep at the gate, it occurs to me how different things would be if those same people active, vocal and outraged now had mustered the same urgency to vote and motivate others to vote....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
HB 961, filed today by Mark Levine, is SB16 except it allows banned “Assault weapons” to be kept if a special permit is acquired from the VASP (aka registered)

All “high” capacity magazines will be illegal to own on 1/1/2021. No grandfather clause or registration for them. Same with suppressors.

Mark Levine is, of course, a representative from Arlington and Alexandria. Those of us in districts that are now 2A sanctuaries but have Democrats in the statehouse need to hammer them hard right now

I started to feel a little better after the 2A sanctuary stuff started and when I saw citizen after citizen, across all demographics, hammering their county governments

But it was false hope. It didn’t stop a fucking thing. Shit, they’re even trying to ban indoor shooting ranges.

I am back to “I’m fucking leaving, I don’t care what it takes”

Oh, yes, I voted, as I have for every election for the last 14 years I’ve lived here

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:

The hard part of all this is the true part - Democrats won this election fair and square. ........... In the meantime, conservative Virginians have to live with what they allowed to happen.

Are you suggesting that it's ok for people to be stripped of a constitutionally protected right because they didn't vote or their candidate didn't win?

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
It didn’t stop a fucking thing.

It's not going to stop laws from being passed. This is a situation where we are going to have to put our money and possibly our freedom where our mouths are. We're going to have to fight these laws in court. Hopefully they will be ruled unconstitutional. Virginia's supreme Court is still conservative (even though they ruled for democrats on redistricting.)

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:

Are you suggesting that it's ok for people to be stripped of a constitutionally protected right because they didn't vote or their candidate didn't win?

Do you think that's what I'm suggesting?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The hard part of all this is the true part - Democrats won this election fair and square. ........... In the meantime, conservative Virginians have to live with what they allowed to happen.

Sounds like he's throwing in the towel. It was an extremely hard fought battle. He lasted 12 hours.

Come on Micropterus, don't quit the game after the first pitch we got 9 more innings left.

We may have lost the election battle, there is still the entire war to fight. I've bitched on here a dozen times about outside money. It does effect elections, I assure you of this. You pissing in the wind coming in here bitching about the voters, everyone in here voted I'm sure. Talk to everyone you know, explain what human rights are, why they are acknowledged in BoR to include 2A and VA Art. 1 Sec. 13.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:

But it was false hope. It didn’t stop a fucking thing.

Fuck that. This isn't over yet, not by a long sight.

quote:

And where is it you think you're going? If they get away with this in Virginia, it's going to spread and get worse.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
In the end nothing has changed

You’re still relying on 5 Democrats in the house or 2 senators in the senate to vote against party lines to stop this from passing.

Please let me know who those people are. I will send them a nice fruit basket

I am hoping the 2A sanctuary movement has shown these people, especially the Democrats that come from districts that are now 2A sanctuaries, that this shit isn’t what their constituents want

But it sure as shit didn’t stop it from getting introduced day 1. Along with ammunition bans. And an attempt to ban indoor ranges. Etc. etc.

As far as where I can go, I’m thinking Utah. By the time this happens there I’ll be dead.

I vote, I donate, I volunteer. Those efforts can be put to good use by the Mormons

quote:
quote:

But it was false hope. It didn’t stop a fucking thing.

Fuck that. This isn't over yet, not by a long sight.

quote:

And where is it you think you're going? If they get away with this in Virginia, it's going to spread and get worse.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you think that's what I'm suggesting?

Hey man...isn't there a rape victim somewhere you can try to convince asked for it? Hello...McFly.....Hello....

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Sounds like he's throwing in the towel. It was an extremely hard fought battle. He lasted 12 hours.

Come on Micropterus, don't quit the game after the first pitch we got 9 more innings left.

We may have lost the election battle, there is still the entire war to fight. I've bitched on here a dozen times about outside money. It does effect elections, I assure you of this. You pissing in the wind coming in here bitching about the voters, everyone in here voted I'm sure. Talk to everyone you know, explain what human rights are, why they are acknowledged in BoR to include 2A and VA Art. 1 Sec. 13.

Come on man, don't be a simpleton. We can't use simpletons on our team. Ignoring facts don't make them go away. And stating facts is not "bitching" about them. Everything I wrote is absolutely true, and I backed them up.

What you need to get through your skull is that we would not be in this position if more people on our side voted. It's really a simple concept.

And suggesting I've "thrown in the towel" is stupid. Are you stupid? I gave the largest donation today to the 2nd Amendment Foundation that I've ever given to anyone, or any organization, ever.
More than I give my church in an entire year - and I give them a lot. My new-shotgun-budget is blown. I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is and do the same.

Here, I'll get you started: https://www.saf.org/donation-page/

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Micropterus, don't get mad at me it's not helping, I'm sorry if I crossed a line there. We need to keep on fighting together. The people in this thread are voters, and many are making efforts. It's happing here, Facebook, and local grassroots efforts.

It really doesn't matter how it happened we need to trudge forward, together and relentlessly. I thank you for your efforts this far, and look forward to fighting alongside of you, the fight is not lost.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Virginia. I left in 1998, but if I still lived there wouldn’t be registering, turning in, destroying, or altering shit. If the next cycle doesn’t clean house I would leave. This isn’t about new gun laws, it’s about erosion of rights and I wouldn’t live under that yoke.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Highland County is now a sanctuary county.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

Best news I’ve heard all day!

Posts: 318 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Skins, its all good. We're on the same team.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I grew up in Virginia. I left in 1998, but if I still lived there wouldn’t be registering, turning in, destroying, or altering shit. If the next cycle doesn’t clean house I would leave. This isn’t about new gun laws, it’s about erosion of rights and I wouldn’t live under that yoke.

We have case law on our side. The recent magazine ruling in California, as well as Heller. I'm confident that the major laws won't survive scrutiny.

Moreover, I believe the Supreme Court Justices will be more inclined to hear some cases now that they've seen what is going on in the state most of them live in. I think that will be significant.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JackBlundell:
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

Best news I’ve heard all day!

It is good news. Small population in that county, good people. I remember they were going to decide on the 7th.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I wish, and I know it probably won't happen, but I wish gun and ammo manufactures would stop doing businesses with cities and counties in Virginia with legislators that disrespect our rights.

I don't want to put a Fairfax police in danger, because I know they have good, caring police. But if gun and ammo manufacturers and dealers refuse to sell them ammo, guns, or service their equipment, you might see some change in their representatives positions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish, and I know it probably won't happen, but I wish gun and ammo manufactures would stop doing businesses with cities and counties in Virginia with legislators that disrespect our rights.

I don't want to put a Fairfax police in danger, because I know they have good, caring police. But if gun and ammo manufacturers and dealers refuse to sell them ammo, guns, or service their equipment, you might see some change in their representatives positions.

I've been noodling on ways we can stand up for ourselves, and this thread is full of great ideas. Here's perhaps another. Why can't we take it one step further and organize something economically vengeful/hurtful/catastrophic - all legal, essentially boycotting. I've never embraced the notion of boycotting, because I thought that was a lame democrat party tactic.

What's good for the goose...as they say. Can't we take a stand and boycott the entire hell out of the districts with Dems? I know, it's more complicated, because innocent casualties and unintended consequences...but an economic civil way is better than real CW-II.

I'm bitter.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
According to VCDL with the addition of Highland County the count is now at 125 sanctuaries or 94% of all localities. Only considering counties that percentage rises to 96%.

posted Hide Post
125 sanctuary areas is a great start. In the long run, things are on the side of 2A supporters.

Supreme court, mildly, but soon mostly. GTFO RBG.
Local police/sheriffs
VA Supreme court.

Virginians will have to sit tight, wait, and do what they can until they win.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post